Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ed.had surgery yesterday

Posted by wally h on 11/16/01 at 05:39 (064859)

Hi,

I had my EPF yesterday. I went much smoother than I expected, and a lot of my pre-op anxiety was exaggerated, but given the fact that I had never had any surgery before I suppose I was entitled to some. I was in there for an hour, given a a local and twilight anesthetic. I was a little groggy when I woke up, stayed in recovery for a hour, and was driven home. After 24 hours, I still feel no pain in my foot, my toes are a little numb, and tingly. I called my doc about this, and he told me he had given me quite a bit of block so I wouldn't be feeling any pain until today. I have an appt. on Monday. Hey, I'm not a glutton for punishment but this lack of discomfort is bothering me. What's the longest I should wait for my foot to wake up before I am concerned. Thanks for your advice Ed.

wally

Re: Ed.had surgery yesterday

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/16/01 at 13:44 (064878)

Hi,

The anesthetic can last for one day or more. The fact that you have no pain and discomfort is very good. Just don't over do it because your foot feels really good.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/16/01 at 18:46 (064887)

Best wishes!
Ed

wallyh...ed, Dr. Zuck on 11/17/01 at 11:25 (064911)

Hi Ed,

It's been 72 hrs now since surgery. Minimal pain, no swelling, and I'm getting around okay and not trying to overdo it. I can't thank you enough for your time and input into this. You served as my third opinion, and after 10 years pain of this I think I made the right choice. And than you too, Dr. Zuckerman for your advice early on in May. I'll keep in touch and let you know the progression of my recovery. I am very hopeful about my future.

Wally

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/16/01 at 13:44 (064878)

Hi,

The anesthetic can last for one day or more. The fact that you have no pain and discomfort is very good. Just don't over do it because your foot feels really good.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/16/01 at 18:46 (064887)

Best wishes!
Ed

wallyh...ed, Dr. Zuck on 11/17/01 at 11:25 (064911)

Hi Ed,

It's been 72 hrs now since surgery. Minimal pain, no swelling, and I'm getting around okay and not trying to overdo it. I can't thank you enough for your time and input into this. You served as my third opinion, and after 10 years pain of this I think I made the right choice. And than you too, Dr. Zuckerman for your advice early on in May. I'll keep in touch and let you know the progression of my recovery. I am very hopeful about my future.

Wally