Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TO TAMMIE, Anthony , Carmen

Posted by Laurie R on 11/17/01 at 00:01 (064897)

Dear Tammie , I think you had a docotr's appointment today . I have not been on line to much today . I did have the injections done yesterday and my PM doctor thinks this may be the last one for a long while ... I was in terrible pain when I woke in the recovery room .He checked my foot and said I need to get the tendon and the fibroma fixed. He is just blocking the sympathetic nerve .... I think I am going to stop now ,if I continue I will be doing nothing but compaining . Let's just say my back feels like I got kicked in it really hard by someone with big feet and my foot is terrible with pain .....

How did your appointment go ? I hope you are not in a lot pain . I have not seen you on the boards in a few days. I hope all went well and you got a chance to talk to him .....

Let us know how you are doing .... Thinking about you my sweet friend ....

Much love ,Laurie R

Re: TO TAMMIE, Anthony , Carmen

Laurie R on 11/17/01 at 00:04 (064898)

Sorry I hit send before I posted to Anthony and Carmen ....

Anthony how are you feeling ?? I hope you are not in to much pain . Thinking about you also ... When you have time can you let us know ...

Carmen , how are you doing ?? I hope your treatment today went better then yesterday .... Now do you do these treatments 5 days in a row ? Thinking of you too. I have all of you on my prayer list .....

Much love to all ,Laurie R

Re: Hello!

Laurie on 11/18/01 at 08:14 (064934)

Real quick note while trying to get things cleaned up after a weekend of company.....
The treatments haven't helped so far but I am not quitting yet. I have been finding a lot of information on things that help the nerves so I hope to be of some help to those with Post Tibial nerve problems etc....it will be some time before I get time to write things all down. With all the different pains I am trying to take it easy on myself. Laurie I know you understand that!!!
I am sorry you had such a hard time on your last injections...I understand the kick in the back! My caudal Epidural left me with the same feeling. awful.
It goes away though....hang in there and focus on other things. I like to read it really helps my mind wander elsewhere.
I have two days of the solu medrol drip left. I have been pale and pastey with no appetite and not sleeping well but those are mild side effects from it. The headaches went away....trick is to drink water WHILE doing the drip! Saved my head the 2nd day for sure!
Anyway...I am finding out all kinds of things about MS and other possible things that this could be. I will keep checking back here and emailing...laurie you keep in touch when you can. Take time for you and know you're in my prayers. anthony I will be looking for an update from you too! Tammie...where are you??

Re: That was posted by Carmen...

Carmen on 11/18/01 at 18:53 (064964)

Did it again...I posted the last one. What a long weekend, sorry Laurie.

Tammie on 11/19/01 at 23:20 (064982)

Hello , I have been thinking of u Carmen and marveling in the strenghth u seem to have. You are a very strong woman and I continue to keep u in my thoughts and prayers ! Wishing for u to find your answers and hoping that u will be given the ways and means to deal with what ever needed! You are a very spunky woman and I dont think u will cave in to easy! I admire your courage in finding your own answers!

I am here lurking around ! Doing alot of thinking lately and not to much sleeping. Seemed to have picked up some sort of cold the runny drippy nose eyes and heavy chest stuff hoping it will break up soon.But I am here thinking of u and all of the others here. Hugs to u and keep that sweet little chin of yours up! U are going to whip this stuff!

tammie on 11/19/01 at 23:41 (064984)

Laurie,I have sent u a email, as I have thought about u also. I have prayed that u will find your answers also and to get some relief from your pain. I did go see the dr. and well what can I say? He would like for me to see a neruo Dr. he is worried about permenant nerve damage, wanting me to consider changing my job field saying that it could make a big difference in whether or not I lesson the potential damage in my feet.

He seems to think the way I lift and work my body mechanics change and the orthodics are being defeated also , a host of troubles with this foot, the lump is bigger now, he gave another injection but says that he has only given me small doses of cotisone more of something else and a numbing med to give some relief. But does not seem to work for long. Said He refused to give me anything more if I am going to go out and work 9 hrs a day pounding my feet down. He said I could work 4 hrs 2 on floor 2 with out leg work more sit down, but that is not available in my line of work. I have alot of things to think about. I am considering more opioions maybe looking for a miracle or some hope. He has said I will always have to baby this foot and going to always have trouble with it. I thought the surgeries fixed it. I guess I am mistaken.He also gave me 10 ultram and said this might give a bit of relief. I do not like it much I will try about anything I guess. Even tho I have not been posting I am here reading and learning and praying for all! Missing the good ole days when I did not even know about foot troubles! Take care friend hope to chat soon. Hugs to u

Re: Tammie

Carmen H on 11/24/01 at 16:58 (065155)

Thanks for the encouragement Tammie....I appreciate it. I am lurking as well....trying not to type too much right now as I need a little break.
Thinking of you and Laurie and everyone though and hoping everyone had a happy happy Turkey day!
Much love
Carmen

Laurie R on 11/17/01 at 00:04 (064898)

Sorry I hit send before I posted to Anthony and Carmen ....

Anthony how are you feeling ?? I hope you are not in to much pain . Thinking about you also ... When you have time can you let us know ...

Carmen , how are you doing ?? I hope your treatment today went better then yesterday .... Now do you do these treatments 5 days in a row ? Thinking of you too. I have all of you on my prayer list .....

Much love to all ,Laurie R

Laurie on 11/18/01 at 08:14 (064934)

Real quick note while trying to get things cleaned up after a weekend of company.....
The treatments haven't helped so far but I am not quitting yet. I have been finding a lot of information on things that help the nerves so I hope to be of some help to those with Post Tibial nerve problems etc....it will be some time before I get time to write things all down. With all the different pains I am trying to take it easy on myself. Laurie I know you understand that!!!
I am sorry you had such a hard time on your last injections...I understand the kick in the back! My caudal Epidural left me with the same feeling. awful.
It goes away though....hang in there and focus on other things. I like to read it really helps my mind wander elsewhere.
I have two days of the solu medrol drip left. I have been pale and pastey with no appetite and not sleeping well but those are mild side effects from it. The headaches went away....trick is to drink water WHILE doing the drip! Saved my head the 2nd day for sure!
Anyway...I am finding out all kinds of things about MS and other possible things that this could be. I will keep checking back here and emailing...laurie you keep in touch when you can. Take time for you and know you're in my prayers. anthony I will be looking for an update from you too! Tammie...where are you??

Re: That was posted by Carmen...

Carmen on 11/18/01 at 18:53 (064964)

Did it again...I posted the last one. What a long weekend, sorry Laurie.

Tammie on 11/19/01 at 23:20 (064982)

Hello , I have been thinking of u Carmen and marveling in the strenghth u seem to have. You are a very strong woman and I continue to keep u in my thoughts and prayers ! Wishing for u to find your answers and hoping that u will be given the ways and means to deal with what ever needed! You are a very spunky woman and I dont think u will cave in to easy! I admire your courage in finding your own answers!

I am here lurking around ! Doing alot of thinking lately and not to much sleeping. Seemed to have picked up some sort of cold the runny drippy nose eyes and heavy chest stuff hoping it will break up soon.But I am here thinking of u and all of the others here. Hugs to u and keep that sweet little chin of yours up! U are going to whip this stuff!

tammie on 11/19/01 at 23:41 (064984)

Laurie,I have sent u a email, as I have thought about u also. I have prayed that u will find your answers also and to get some relief from your pain. I did go see the dr. and well what can I say? He would like for me to see a neruo Dr. he is worried about permenant nerve damage, wanting me to consider changing my job field saying that it could make a big difference in whether or not I lesson the potential damage in my feet.

He seems to think the way I lift and work my body mechanics change and the orthodics are being defeated also , a host of troubles with this foot, the lump is bigger now, he gave another injection but says that he has only given me small doses of cotisone more of something else and a numbing med to give some relief. But does not seem to work for long. Said He refused to give me anything more if I am going to go out and work 9 hrs a day pounding my feet down. He said I could work 4 hrs 2 on floor 2 with out leg work more sit down, but that is not available in my line of work. I have alot of things to think about. I am considering more opioions maybe looking for a miracle or some hope. He has said I will always have to baby this foot and going to always have trouble with it. I thought the surgeries fixed it. I guess I am mistaken.He also gave me 10 ultram and said this might give a bit of relief. I do not like it much I will try about anything I guess. Even tho I have not been posting I am here reading and learning and praying for all! Missing the good ole days when I did not even know about foot troubles! Take care friend hope to chat soon. Hugs to u

Re: Tammie

Carmen H on 11/24/01 at 16:58 (065155)

Thanks for the encouragement Tammie....I appreciate it. I am lurking as well....trying not to type too much right now as I need a little break.
Thinking of you and Laurie and everyone though and hoping everyone had a happy happy Turkey day!
Much love
Carmen