Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

still having terrible foot pain,Dr.Z!

Posted by Regina on 11/17/01 at 23:41 (064922)

Hello Dr.Z,
I have a question for you as always haha.I keep hoping I will get better from this and not have to ask you so much but it seems it isn't the case for me just yet.Thank you so much for always replying-you have really gave me some good advice!I am still having a LOT of bad pain along the lateral edge I think it is called of my heel and foot.The wrapping I have been doing isn't helping but just slightly and my foot gets real terribly sore and HURTS.you commented last time about it might be a tendon too that is hurting.I thought this epf surgery I had in May would cure all my pain-but it hasn't and I seem to be having LOTS more-should I consult with an ortho doc to see if any underlying problems??THANKS!Regina

Re: still having terrible foot pain,Dr.Z!

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/18/01 at 06:59 (064932)

hi,

A second opinion may help. I still believe that these pf surgeries take very long time to heal. six months. sometimes one year and in some cases of open plantar fascia release two years. You are having pain and this is very depressing and frustrating . This is why ESWT was born: To try to reduce the healing and pain without the post operative long term complications

Re: still having terrible foot pain,Dr.Z!

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/18/01 at 06:59 (064932)

hi,

A second opinion may help. I still believe that these pf surgeries take very long time to heal. six months. sometimes one year and in some cases of open plantar fascia release two years. You are having pain and this is very depressing and frustrating . This is why ESWT was born: To try to reduce the healing and pain without the post operative long term complications