Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

11 DAYS POST OP Hello Laurie,Carmen ,everyone

Posted by Anthony P on 11/18/01 at 21:28 (064968)

Hello Everyone , the pain has been bad the past three days with alot of swelling in my toes , So I have my foot elevated in bed. It throbs when
I go to stand ,the crutches are killing my arm pits and the steps in my
house are a pain ,I get all the stitches out in two weeks. I wish i could
ice the insitions ,cant do with a cast on .Laurie and Carmen sorry your both
in alot of pain . I hope that you are both feeling better soon ,and that your treatments will help and get you both relief and on the road to
recovery. As always my prayers go out to you both :)Good luck
Thank you for thinking of me :)

Best wishes to all Anthony P

Re: 11 DAYS POST OP Hello Laurie,Carmen ,everyone

Tammie on 11/19/01 at 23:11 (064981)

Hello, I am sorry to hear that u have so much pain. Did u perhaps overdo things a bit to much? Were u elevating before , icing?. Crutches are the pits I did not care for them either, but they should not be in the arm pits . I had a cast boot, it was not the plaster, but he had me ice behind my knee, I am not sure why? Have you called your Dr. to ask as if there is alot of swelling and u have a plaster cast wouldnt want it to get to tight.

Anthony I do hope u dont over do it as it sure is easy to do when it feels pain free, take it nice and slow and try not to rush it . You may find that it takes many weeks and sometimes months and years to heal. Keep that in mind as the time goes on as it is easy to forget. I do hope that the pain lets up and that u soon start to feel much better again! Take care as we only get one set of feet I am told and what we decide can make a lifelong bit of difference. I hope that with tomorrow u will find a new day and a new sense of hope! Good Luck and look foward to reading your posts.

john h on 11/20/01 at 09:24 (064991)

anthony: do not forget when using crutches the wrist and arms are to bear the major portion of your weight. If you let the crutches under your are bear the weight you can do some damage to the many nerves under your arms.

Tammie on 11/19/01 at 23:11 (064981)

Hello, I am sorry to hear that u have so much pain. Did u perhaps overdo things a bit to much? Were u elevating before , icing?. Crutches are the pits I did not care for them either, but they should not be in the arm pits . I had a cast boot, it was not the plaster, but he had me ice behind my knee, I am not sure why? Have you called your Dr. to ask as if there is alot of swelling and u have a plaster cast wouldnt want it to get to tight.

Anthony I do hope u dont over do it as it sure is easy to do when it feels pain free, take it nice and slow and try not to rush it . You may find that it takes many weeks and sometimes months and years to heal. Keep that in mind as the time goes on as it is easy to forget. I do hope that the pain lets up and that u soon start to feel much better again! Take care as we only get one set of feet I am told and what we decide can make a lifelong bit of difference. I hope that with tomorrow u will find a new day and a new sense of hope! Good Luck and look foward to reading your posts.

john h on 11/20/01 at 09:24 (064991)

anthony: do not forget when using crutches the wrist and arms are to bear the major portion of your weight. If you let the crutches under your are bear the weight you can do some damage to the many nerves under your arms.