Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

left ankle

Posted by PEG W. on 11/20/01 at 10:54 (064994)

Hi,
I had an injury back in July when I fell on concrete (dehydrated). Nothing was broken but I was taking demdadex to reduce swelling for 30 days. Then, the same perscription for another 30 days and I still have swelling. I had xrays on my left foot and ankle last week and was told I have soft tissue swelling and a small spur. What do you recommend I should do? I sit at the computer at work but it still swells and hurts when I walk on it. Thank you.

Re: left ankle

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/22/01 at 11:34 (065085)

Hi,

You need to be in a compression wrapping and even a walking boot cast. Since this is still going on and the injury was back in july, an mri of the ankle/foot is needed. Sometimes the x-rays can't pick up a fracture or ligament tear.

Re: left ankle

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/22/01 at 11:34 (065085)

Hi,

You need to be in a compression wrapping and even a walking boot cast. Since this is still going on and the injury was back in july, an mri of the ankle/foot is needed. Sometimes the x-rays can't pick up a fracture or ligament tear.