Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I WANT TO WISH EVERYONE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING....

Posted by Laurie R on 11/21/01 at 11:03 (065051)

Hi to all , I would like to wish everyone a very happy and safe Thaksgiving .... I know some of us are in a lot of pain ,but we still have a lot to be thankful for .... Sometimes it is hard to think this way in pain , but it could always be worse .....

My best to all , much love and peace ..Laurie R

Re: I WANT TO WISH EVERYONE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING....

Suzanne D on 11/21/01 at 11:19 (065053)

I, too, would like to wish each one of you a happy Thanksgiving! May your pain be less than your joy. I count the friends I have made here as one of my blessings this year. Through you all, I have learned much to help me cope with PF, I have been sustained and encouraged by your strength and concern, I have had an outlet to express my frustrations with many who understand.

You all are in my thoughts and my heart this Thanksgiving! Thank you for being a part of my life. May God bless each of you.

Janet C on 11/21/01 at 14:20 (065056)

Be Thankful...

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who
are also thankful for the setbacks.
Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
and they can become your blessings.

-Author unknown

I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving!!!
With Love to you all ~ Janet

Tammie on 11/21/01 at 16:53 (065058)

First I will work at my favorite place and take care of all my grannies and grandpas making sure they have a warm loving Thanksgiving. After I return home to finish cooking our dinner and when we sit down I will remember all of my blessings which are many ,including my unhealthy feet. Funny huh to think of them as a blessing. Well if not for them I would not have found out that there are such wonderful loving caring people in all parts of the world. I have been given the gift of many friends who I will cherish always.I will give this one day , as little thought to my feet as I can and focus on the good and wonderful things that have come about do to them! Then Fri I can remember how they torment us.LOL

I also wanted to wish all of our friends new and long timers a wonderful loving Thanksgiving! As I enjoy the bountiful dinner with my family I will remember all of you in my prayers. My prayers will be for guidance and patience as we all search for the answers we may need. I will also include a prayer for all of the military people and there families who must celebrate without there loved ones, and hope for a speedy and safe return . I will remember our neighbors in New York and other effected areas as some will sit with empty places at there tables, hoping that they will feel the presence of there loved ones in there hearts and find some peace . I will pray for peace in our uncertain days ahead. As I look around at my family and there wonderful faces I will give thanks that we are all together and hope that we will remember that we have recieved a precious gift,eac other and being together once again! May you all have a wonderful day! Love and hugs to all!

Steve P on 11/21/01 at 18:13 (065065)

Great comments by all above.

I have always loved Thanksgiving. It is a special holiday, purely American. It reminds us every year how much we have to be thankful for.

This Thanksgiving, I am especially thinking of our young men overseas. Many years ago I spent both Thanksgiving & Christmas on an aircraft carrier. I know the holidays can be a lonely time for our troops. May the good Lord bless them all & bring them home soon.

BrianG on 11/22/01 at 08:55 (065078)

Best wishes to all, especially the homeless of our country. Somehow we have to figure out how to help our own, before the rest of the world. Take it easy today foot people, and that means you Tammy :*) Let the others do the work.

BCG

Anthony P on 11/22/01 at 15:35 (065090)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL :)

Re: ***Happy Thanksgiving***

Necee on 11/23/01 at 00:37 (065099)

Well as this day draws to an end I hope that each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I had a really hard time today, I couldn't help but think about those who had empty seats at their dinner tables. I pray that they all find peace and comfort in the days ahead.
God bless you all
Necee

Re: Thanksgiving & how it began.

John h on 11/24/01 at 10:09 (065134)

Perhaps everyone knows this but here is how Thanksgiving began: In 1863 President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a day of Thanksgiving on the last Thursday in November and alos proclaimed it to be celebrated on this day henceforth.

Re: Not this year !

BrianG on 11/24/01 at 15:49 (065153)

I don't know John, about the wording from the President. Thanksgiving this year was definatly not the last Thursday in November. When do you suppose it got changed, and why?

BCG

John h on 11/24/01 at 16:50 (065154)

Steve: By jove you are correct mate. In 1939 President Roosevelt set it one week earlier to help business by lengthing the shopping period before xmas. Congress in 1941 made it official by making the 4th thursday in november as the offical day to celebrate thanksgiving and made it a federal holicay. In october 1957 the Canadian government proclaimed the second monday in October as the holicay. There have been various dates by various states to celebrate thanksgiving. Lincoln did indeed name the last thursday in november 'as a day of thanksgiving and prainse to our beneficient Father'.

Re: john h------ are you reading the back of a cereal box for this info on thanksgiving

linda A on 11/24/01 at 20:18 (065163)

hello john h ! i sure did miss you . are you this smart ? have you been on that Regis show ? i take you as a contestant for the survivor show instead . none of that sissy stuff for big john wayne . who started the early christmas shopping on thanksgiving day ; was it K-MART or MEIJEIRS ? hard question we made need to bring out our intelligent girls . ha ha ha !!!

Re: john h------ are you reading the back of a cereal box for this info on thanksgiving

John h on 11/25/01 at 10:10 (065184)

yes Linda i am really that smart! I plan on appearing on The Weakest Link because the mean hostess Lady in black excites me. If you ask my wife she will tell you I am some sort of idiot so god bless you Linda as I have at least one person thinks I am smart. I was a history major in college and like Dr. Ed enjoy trivia. My information does not come from the back of a cerial box but on the back of a bottle of Old Crow.

Re: john---- you are too funny . my co-worker was also a history major

linda A on 11/25/01 at 11:29 (065195)

my co-worker was also a history major .topin his class all a's what do you call that beginw/ ' sum _cum_?____. i was trying to think of that show w/ that black dress lady last night . but my light never came on in the attic . ha ha !!! so don't ask me to be a lifeline . have problems w/ memory . take too many pills for bi-polar disease . our new anesthesiologist is too funny and extremely nice . remember i told you he came from Arkansas . his name is Mark G. , do you know him . you said you knew some anesthesiologist . he has white hair and looks like a big teddy bear . his wife is still down in arkansas , i guess getting ready to sell their house . what is the bottle of ' old crow ' . am i too young to have heard of that ? i love history facts , even though i can't always remember them . been reading a popular science book that has everything that was invented or built . ( 1900 -1999 ) . what was the tallest building in the u.s. in1931 that took 14 men lives and 18 months to build john ? and why was air conditioning truly invented ? linda

John h on 11/25/01 at 13:59 (065221)

some forms of air conditioning date back to the ancient egyptians. Carrier may have been the first guy to produce the modern day type of A/C that controlled humidity and temperature around 1902. Other engineers about that time also came out with an A/C unit so I am not sure who gets the real credit.Of course the Empire State building was the tallest builing in 1931 because that is the year it opened. Since the loss of the WTC is it not once again the tallest building in the U.S.?

Nancy N on 11/25/01 at 16:40 (065231)

I don't know if the Empire State is the tallest in the US--isn't the Sears Tower in Chicago taller?--but I do know that it's the tallest in New York.

Re: yes---john ,empire state building passed up the chrysler building

linda A on 11/25/01 at 18:22 (065237)

in 1903 american engineer willis carrier invented the world's first effective ' air conditioning ' unit . but my question was for what reason ? it was developed to keep newspaper cool , so the printers could print color images .

john h on 11/26/01 at 12:01 (065299)

nancy: i need to look that up as i think you are correct in that the sears tower is taller. i think i saw some ripley record where a guy walked up the empire state building stairs on his 'hands'. wonder if that would give you carpel tunnel?

Suzanne D on 11/21/01 at 11:19 (065053)

I, too, would like to wish each one of you a happy Thanksgiving! May your pain be less than your joy. I count the friends I have made here as one of my blessings this year. Through you all, I have learned much to help me cope with PF, I have been sustained and encouraged by your strength and concern, I have had an outlet to express my frustrations with many who understand.

You all are in my thoughts and my heart this Thanksgiving! Thank you for being a part of my life. May God bless each of you.

Janet C on 11/21/01 at 14:20 (065056)

Be Thankful...

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who
are also thankful for the setbacks.
Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
and they can become your blessings.

-Author unknown

I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving!!!
With Love to you all ~ Janet

Tammie on 11/21/01 at 16:53 (065058)

First I will work at my favorite place and take care of all my grannies and grandpas making sure they have a warm loving Thanksgiving. After I return home to finish cooking our dinner and when we sit down I will remember all of my blessings which are many ,including my unhealthy feet. Funny huh to think of them as a blessing. Well if not for them I would not have found out that there are such wonderful loving caring people in all parts of the world. I have been given the gift of many friends who I will cherish always.I will give this one day , as little thought to my feet as I can and focus on the good and wonderful things that have come about do to them! Then Fri I can remember how they torment us.LOL

I also wanted to wish all of our friends new and long timers a wonderful loving Thanksgiving! As I enjoy the bountiful dinner with my family I will remember all of you in my prayers. My prayers will be for guidance and patience as we all search for the answers we may need. I will also include a prayer for all of the military people and there families who must celebrate without there loved ones, and hope for a speedy and safe return . I will remember our neighbors in New York and other effected areas as some will sit with empty places at there tables, hoping that they will feel the presence of there loved ones in there hearts and find some peace . I will pray for peace in our uncertain days ahead. As I look around at my family and there wonderful faces I will give thanks that we are all together and hope that we will remember that we have recieved a precious gift,eac other and being together once again! May you all have a wonderful day! Love and hugs to all!

Steve P on 11/21/01 at 18:13 (065065)

Great comments by all above.

I have always loved Thanksgiving. It is a special holiday, purely American. It reminds us every year how much we have to be thankful for.

This Thanksgiving, I am especially thinking of our young men overseas. Many years ago I spent both Thanksgiving & Christmas on an aircraft carrier. I know the holidays can be a lonely time for our troops. May the good Lord bless them all & bring them home soon.

BrianG on 11/22/01 at 08:55 (065078)

Best wishes to all, especially the homeless of our country. Somehow we have to figure out how to help our own, before the rest of the world. Take it easy today foot people, and that means you Tammy :*) Let the others do the work.

BCG

Anthony P on 11/22/01 at 15:35 (065090)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL :)

Re: ***Happy Thanksgiving***

Necee on 11/23/01 at 00:37 (065099)

Well as this day draws to an end I hope that each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I had a really hard time today, I couldn't help but think about those who had empty seats at their dinner tables. I pray that they all find peace and comfort in the days ahead.
God bless you all
Necee

Re: Thanksgiving & how it began.

John h on 11/24/01 at 10:09 (065134)

Perhaps everyone knows this but here is how Thanksgiving began: In 1863 President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a day of Thanksgiving on the last Thursday in November and alos proclaimed it to be celebrated on this day henceforth.

BrianG on 11/24/01 at 15:49 (065153)

I don't know John, about the wording from the President. Thanksgiving this year was definatly not the last Thursday in November. When do you suppose it got changed, and why?

BCG

John h on 11/24/01 at 16:50 (065154)

Steve: By jove you are correct mate. In 1939 President Roosevelt set it one week earlier to help business by lengthing the shopping period before xmas. Congress in 1941 made it official by making the 4th thursday in november as the offical day to celebrate thanksgiving and made it a federal holicay. In october 1957 the Canadian government proclaimed the second monday in October as the holicay. There have been various dates by various states to celebrate thanksgiving. Lincoln did indeed name the last thursday in november 'as a day of thanksgiving and prainse to our beneficient Father'.

linda A on 11/24/01 at 20:18 (065163)

hello john h ! i sure did miss you . are you this smart ? have you been on that Regis show ? i take you as a contestant for the survivor show instead . none of that sissy stuff for big john wayne . who started the early christmas shopping on thanksgiving day ; was it K-MART or MEIJEIRS ? hard question we made need to bring out our intelligent girls . ha ha ha !!!

John h on 11/25/01 at 10:10 (065184)

yes Linda i am really that smart! I plan on appearing on The Weakest Link because the mean hostess Lady in black excites me. If you ask my wife she will tell you I am some sort of idiot so god bless you Linda as I have at least one person thinks I am smart. I was a history major in college and like Dr. Ed enjoy trivia. My information does not come from the back of a cerial box but on the back of a bottle of Old Crow.

linda A on 11/25/01 at 11:29 (065195)

my co-worker was also a history major .topin his class all a's what do you call that beginw/ ' sum _cum_?____. i was trying to think of that show w/ that black dress lady last night . but my light never came on in the attic . ha ha !!! so don't ask me to be a lifeline . have problems w/ memory . take too many pills for bi-polar disease . our new anesthesiologist is too funny and extremely nice . remember i told you he came from Arkansas . his name is Mark G. , do you know him . you said you knew some anesthesiologist . he has white hair and looks like a big teddy bear . his wife is still down in arkansas , i guess getting ready to sell their house . what is the bottle of ' old crow ' . am i too young to have heard of that ? i love history facts , even though i can't always remember them . been reading a popular science book that has everything that was invented or built . ( 1900 -1999 ) . what was the tallest building in the u.s. in1931 that took 14 men lives and 18 months to build john ? and why was air conditioning truly invented ? linda

John h on 11/25/01 at 13:59 (065221)

some forms of air conditioning date back to the ancient egyptians. Carrier may have been the first guy to produce the modern day type of A/C that controlled humidity and temperature around 1902. Other engineers about that time also came out with an A/C unit so I am not sure who gets the real credit.Of course the Empire State building was the tallest builing in 1931 because that is the year it opened. Since the loss of the WTC is it not once again the tallest building in the U.S.?

Nancy N on 11/25/01 at 16:40 (065231)

I don't know if the Empire State is the tallest in the US--isn't the Sears Tower in Chicago taller?--but I do know that it's the tallest in New York.

Re: yes---john ,empire state building passed up the chrysler building

linda A on 11/25/01 at 18:22 (065237)

in 1903 american engineer willis carrier invented the world's first effective ' air conditioning ' unit . but my question was for what reason ? it was developed to keep newspaper cool , so the printers could print color images .

john h on 11/26/01 at 12:01 (065299)

nancy: i need to look that up as i think you are correct in that the sears tower is taller. i think i saw some ripley record where a guy walked up the empire state building stairs on his 'hands'. wonder if that would give you carpel tunnel?