Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Z, having pain and I need your help!

Posted by Sherrie M. on 11/24/01 at 14:09 (065151)

Dr Z, I started having the pf pain back in both feet about 3 weeks ago and now the left foot is having pain just under the ankle bone (on the inside of my foot)from the back side of my heel across the top of my arch and across the top of my foot.This area has had some swelling and is tender to touch, what does this sound like to you? Sherrie

Re: Dr. Z, having pain and I need your help!

Dr. Zuckeman on 11/24/01 at 18:08 (065158)

This sounds like posterior tibial tendonitis. Have you started your physical therapy sessions yet?

Sherrie M. on 11/25/01 at 09:06 (065178)

Yes, I've had 1 session, last wednesday and I really don't like the therapist at all. I will give him another chance on Monday, but I really don't think I will stay with him. I have a few reasons for not liking him, onw being he doesn't advocate stretching, he told me that I have to learn to push on my ankle bone until I feel a pop and that all of my trouble in in the soleus. I never heard any of this before. I actually got to see him for about 10 minutes when he did ultrasound on each foot for 5 minutes each. It really wasn't much therapy.Can I choose another therapist and will someone from your office fax a scipt for me? So, if it is the tibial tendonitis what's good for that, heat or ice? Anything else? Thanks, Sherrie

DR Zuckerman on 11/25/01 at 13:56 (065219)

I have no problem with writing a new script. If the soleus is tight this is part of the achilles tendon then ultrasound, muscule stimultation and heat by hydrotherapy is what you need Ask for another therapist if you are not happy with him.

Dr. Zuckeman on 11/24/01 at 18:08 (065158)

This sounds like posterior tibial tendonitis. Have you started your physical therapy sessions yet?

Sherrie M. on 11/25/01 at 09:06 (065178)

Yes, I've had 1 session, last wednesday and I really don't like the therapist at all. I will give him another chance on Monday, but I really don't think I will stay with him. I have a few reasons for not liking him, onw being he doesn't advocate stretching, he told me that I have to learn to push on my ankle bone until I feel a pop and that all of my trouble in in the soleus. I never heard any of this before. I actually got to see him for about 10 minutes when he did ultrasound on each foot for 5 minutes each. It really wasn't much therapy.Can I choose another therapist and will someone from your office fax a scipt for me? So, if it is the tibial tendonitis what's good for that, heat or ice? Anything else? Thanks, Sherrie

DR Zuckerman on 11/25/01 at 13:56 (065219)

I have no problem with writing a new script. If the soleus is tight this is part of the achilles tendon then ultrasound, muscule stimultation and heat by hydrotherapy is what you need Ask for another therapist if you are not happy with him.