Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

forefeet capsulitis?

Posted by Rebecca H on 11/25/01 at 09:08 (065179)

I have been to a regular doctor and a podiatrist and am waiting for orthotics. I have pf but also a lot of pain in forefeet. It feels like I am walking on the bones. The podiatrist said he thought it was capsulitis. The x-ray looked like the second metatarsal bone was squared off. He looked at it a long time and said hmmmmmmmmm. The orthotics are supposed to relieve pressure from that sore spot. But the other bone spots in my forefoot hurt too. How is that going to help them? Could I have broken the bones and not show up on the xray? Could I have bone cancer?

Re: forefeet capsulitis?

DR Zuckerman on 11/25/01 at 13:53 (065218)

Hi,
Bone cancer no. fracture maybe. The orthosis will have an extention with a plastizole type material to support the bone and re-distribute the weight when you walk on these bones. If you are having alot of pain an mri can be used to rule out any fracture that can't be seen on plain view x-rays

Rebecca H. on 11/25/01 at 19:44 (065244)

This is probably a dumb question but if there are fractures would I need a cast? And by the way thank you for taking time to answer questions really. You must be a kind hearted human being.

DR Zuckerman on 11/25/01 at 20:15 (065247)

A surgical shoe or cast boot would be the first treatment approach. Still would get an mri first

Rebecca H on 11/27/01 at 12:55 (065409)

Which would you recommend first?
The MRI
The custom orthotics which will arrive in a week or two.
I am really hurting.

DR Zuckerman on 11/25/01 at 13:53 (065218)

Hi,
Bone cancer no. fracture maybe. The orthosis will have an extention with a plastizole type material to support the bone and re-distribute the weight when you walk on these bones. If you are having alot of pain an mri can be used to rule out any fracture that can't be seen on plain view x-rays

Rebecca H. on 11/25/01 at 19:44 (065244)

This is probably a dumb question but if there are fractures would I need a cast? And by the way thank you for taking time to answer questions really. You must be a kind hearted human being.

DR Zuckerman on 11/25/01 at 20:15 (065247)

A surgical shoe or cast boot would be the first treatment approach. Still would get an mri first

Rebecca H on 11/27/01 at 12:55 (065409)

Which would you recommend first?
The MRI
The custom orthotics which will arrive in a week or two.
I am really hurting.