Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

post surgery on heel spur

Posted by jessica h on 11/25/01 at 13:41 (065214)

A few months ago i underwent surgery on a heel spur. I am now experiencing horrilbe pain. I have been doing the calf stretches in the morning and icing the bottom of my foot a couple times a day. Before the surgery I was getting cortizone shots and I just had to get another one in order to go on vacation. I was hoping the surgery would eliminate the shots so I am getting discouraged. Any advice?

Re: post surgery on heel spur

DR Zuckerman on 11/25/01 at 13:50 (065216)

It can take a very long time in some cases for relief from the original and the surgical pain. Sometimes six months or more. Physical therapy can help this along. What kind of surgery did you have mis, epf or open ? This will determine the speed of recovery. You may need to go into a boot cast for a few weeks

Re: post surgery on heel spur

DR Zuckerman on 11/25/01 at 13:50 (065216)

It can take a very long time in some cases for relief from the original and the surgical pain. Sometimes six months or more. Physical therapy can help this along. What kind of surgery did you have mis, epf or open ? This will determine the speed of recovery. You may need to go into a boot cast for a few weeks