Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

bone spur on back and right side of right heel,was called a pump bump

Posted by lcurry on 11/25/01 at 16:38 (065230)

my pod first told me i had a pump bump on my right heel, after he viewed the xray, it is more to the back of my right heel, he is now telling me i will have to have my achilles tendon split in half and detached, the bone spur/bump scraped off and reattach my tendon with a 'screw like' piece of metal.he said i will be on crutches for 4 weeks, are there any non surgical
alternatives, shoul i get a second opionion? how long do you think my recovery will be to be able to drive, my employer is not happy about me not being able to drive, i could work from home, but they are not to keen on the idea.
thank you

Re: bone spur on back OF HEEL

JENNIE M on 11/26/01 at 13:00 (065304)

CAN THIS BE A CANDIDATE FOR E.S.W.T.? LET ME KNOW

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/26/01 at 17:04 (065321)

ESWT will not remove the boney growth on back of the heel but may be able to significantly reduce symptoms in the area.
Ed

lcurry on 11/26/01 at 18:16 (065334)

what is eswt?

DR Zuckerman on 11/26/01 at 21:50 (065357)

I have used ESWT for insertional achilles tendonitis with or without bone spur. The procedure is alot better then the surgery and the recovery that you will have to go thru. If you want information on this procedure just e-mail me (email removed)

lcurry on 11/27/01 at 19:43 (065452)

Dr. Zuckerman,

I would love any info you could provide on ESWT, I tried to Email you but I keep getting an error message, may be on my end.
Anyway my dpm has only talked about surgery from day one. I am begining to feel like I need to seek a second opinion, I am in the Columbus, Ohio area.
Thank you so much!

DR Zuckerman on 11/27/01 at 20:44 (065456)

my email is (email removed) What I need is your address to send you the ESWT packet. If for some reason this e-mail doesn't work just use prn@bee.net

JENNIE M on 11/26/01 at 13:00 (065304)

CAN THIS BE A CANDIDATE FOR E.S.W.T.? LET ME KNOW

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/26/01 at 17:04 (065321)

ESWT will not remove the boney growth on back of the heel but may be able to significantly reduce symptoms in the area.
Ed

lcurry on 11/26/01 at 18:16 (065334)

what is eswt?

DR Zuckerman on 11/26/01 at 21:50 (065357)

I have used ESWT for insertional achilles tendonitis with or without bone spur. The procedure is alot better then the surgery and the recovery that you will have to go thru. If you want information on this procedure just e-mail me (email removed)

lcurry on 11/27/01 at 19:43 (065452)

Dr. Zuckerman,

I would love any info you could provide on ESWT, I tried to Email you but I keep getting an error message, may be on my end.
Anyway my dpm has only talked about surgery from day one. I am begining to feel like I need to seek a second opinion, I am in the Columbus, Ohio area.
Thank you so much!

DR Zuckerman on 11/27/01 at 20:44 (065456)

my email is (email removed) What I need is your address to send you the ESWT packet. If for some reason this e-mail doesn't work just use prn@bee.net