Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hi, Carmen, Laurie, and Tammie!

Posted by Suzanne D on 11/25/01 at 21:30 (065259)

Before I shut down this computer for the night, I just wanted to say 'hello' to each of you and let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you all are feeling better and that you had pleasant times with your families during Thanksgiving.

Take care, and God bless! :-)

Re: Hi, Carmen, Laurie, and Tammie!

Tammie on 11/25/01 at 22:03 (065265)

Hello, Thank you for the sweet thoughts and prayers! I am here lurking I suppose at times. I have had a wonderful visit with my son home from college for a few days . He just returned back to school and things are settling a bit, with teens in house and then a college age home with his buddies u can imagine the comotion that goes on!

I worked the holiday but also prepared our dinner and was wonderful having all home safe and sound , but left my heart heavy thinking of those less unforunate. I said prayers for all plus my friends here who continue to search for answers .We also had the unfortunate news of a family member passing on thanksgiving eve she was only 54 and had only within the last month been diagnosed with cancer,but pretty well spread. Her hubby my hubbys bro has also himself been battling colon cancer and was very much devestated. So thease things tend to hit home hard with lots of deep thought and sorrow!

My thoughts are with many of our friends here and hoping and praying for all to find answers and treatments and the courage to go on . Seems as we search for our own answers,we struggle on with our lives trying to continue in whatever capacity we can. For that, I am most grateful. To sit home and worry and think what might come next would only increase the anxiety for myself. I see my dr. again on fri. I know he will not be happy with my thoughts on changing my type of work, as I just cant seem to give it up even if it may continue to cause damage to my feet.I also have made a appointment with my familys dr. to discuss options and see what options there are for me. The foot dr. wants me to see a nerurologist as he feels there may be some nerve damage done so will talk about this also. So along with many here I am trying to stay upbeat and hopeful and continue my search for answers to a one time (thought) just sore feet. Which have now turned into the nightmare from well u fill in the blanks. So to all of those mentioned above I continue to pray for u and to those who are joining us my wishes and prayers for all to find some peaceful answers and treatments that really work! Hugs to all and Thanks again for remembering me in your thoughts!

Laurie R on 11/26/01 at 00:04 (065273)

Dear Suzanne , Thank you so much for thinking about me . I so appreciate your thoughts and prayers ... You make me feel very special .

As for my foot , I don't have anything good to say at all. It is the same . I have gone through two rounds of spinal injections for the RSD and I feel they did not help . I will see my PM doctor this coming Friday . He did say when I was gettng the last injections that this will probably be the last time until I get surgery . I think most of my pain is coming from the tendon problems and the fibroma .... The I see my Pod Dec 13 th .. So I will keep everyone posted on what he says.

I am still in pain all the time. I have started Bio-feedback which is helping . I really enjoy it . I never would of thought I could do it ,but it is working ... I also still go to PT and I am using a walking cast when my foot gets real bad and when I have to walk ....

I wish I could of had something good to say for a change ,but maybe one day. This is one thing , I will never give up hope .. I hold on to it ....

Thank you again , you are such a sweetheart to think of me ....

Much love ,Laurie

Carmen H on 11/26/01 at 07:25 (065281)

Hi girls!!! Well I had a good turkey day.....and the visit home with toby's parents and family was fun. I was a little down when the family went for the traditional Thanksgiving family walk after dinnerand I had to sit at home but that's life.
The drive home was brutal...we got a dining room set and Toby drove a U haul and I drove the car and the dog in sme4 Thunderstorm pouring down rain alllll the way home. About 4 hours worth of anxiety. But I am becoming unusually calm about almost everything in my life now. For some strange reason everything is changing from the way I feel to the way I think. My feet don't feel any better, I had my brain MRI yesterday, my lower back still hurts but for some reason my attitude is changing.
I strongly recommend picking up the book Spontaneous Healing by Andrew Weil. There is a lot of helpful information and useful positive uplifting thinking in there that may be contributin to my feelings lately. I am going to go this route once I find out what is wrong. I also tried something last week called NST (Neurostructurual Technique) on Tuesday. I was not able to walk on my right foot Monday night and so I made an appt. for Tuesday morning....I was totally desperate and went in and Tuesday the pain didn't start in until that night and has really been more mild since that day. I can't really explain what it is but I recommend looking into the web site.
http://www.usbowen.com
Laurie...I got your email this morning and want to write back but it will be awhile since I am swamped with work this morning. I did want to drop you all a line and say hello and give you this link on NST though.
Also Laurie a special note to you....YOU will get through this. there is a lesson in this and it will be revealed to you at the right time....I am praying for you. I think Dr. Weil's book would be beneficial to you and also I have a verse in the bible I want you to look into.....it's my new comfort. Luke 12:22-24
I will copy and send it to you if you email me your address. I will also pick you up a book by Dr. WEil if you are interested.
Love to all of you girls....thank you for all your special thoughts.

Re: Hi, Carmen, Laurie, and all

Tammie on 11/26/01 at 11:17 (065293)

I am glad to hear that tho your lives have been changed drastically that you both and many others here remain very upbeat and helpful to others! It warms my heart very much that tho people have many many troubles they always find a moment to touch another in a very special way! Maybe that is the gift we recieve thru the turmoil of finding answers. I do hope that you all find some peace and happiness thru the tough roads ahead and know that tho prayers may not give all the answers it sure is nice to know there are so many being said, I bet Gods box is quite overflowing thease days! But I also bet his smile is the biggest it has been in a long time as it seems the nation is remembering that prayer can be helpful to heal the deep wounds our nation has suffered and that as promised he never turns his back on our crys. Please have a wonderful day and give a hug or a smile to those around you! It is a wonderful time of year and seems as if it is allowed especially at this time of year without being looked at as tho you are a complete nutcase LOL yes I am indeed laughing out loud! Hugs to u all.

Tammie on 11/25/01 at 22:03 (065265)

Hello, Thank you for the sweet thoughts and prayers! I am here lurking I suppose at times. I have had a wonderful visit with my son home from college for a few days . He just returned back to school and things are settling a bit, with teens in house and then a college age home with his buddies u can imagine the comotion that goes on!

I worked the holiday but also prepared our dinner and was wonderful having all home safe and sound , but left my heart heavy thinking of those less unforunate. I said prayers for all plus my friends here who continue to search for answers .We also had the unfortunate news of a family member passing on thanksgiving eve she was only 54 and had only within the last month been diagnosed with cancer,but pretty well spread. Her hubby my hubbys bro has also himself been battling colon cancer and was very much devestated. So thease things tend to hit home hard with lots of deep thought and sorrow!

My thoughts are with many of our friends here and hoping and praying for all to find answers and treatments and the courage to go on . Seems as we search for our own answers,we struggle on with our lives trying to continue in whatever capacity we can. For that, I am most grateful. To sit home and worry and think what might come next would only increase the anxiety for myself. I see my dr. again on fri. I know he will not be happy with my thoughts on changing my type of work, as I just cant seem to give it up even if it may continue to cause damage to my feet.I also have made a appointment with my familys dr. to discuss options and see what options there are for me. The foot dr. wants me to see a nerurologist as he feels there may be some nerve damage done so will talk about this also. So along with many here I am trying to stay upbeat and hopeful and continue my search for answers to a one time (thought) just sore feet. Which have now turned into the nightmare from well u fill in the blanks. So to all of those mentioned above I continue to pray for u and to those who are joining us my wishes and prayers for all to find some peaceful answers and treatments that really work! Hugs to all and Thanks again for remembering me in your thoughts!

Laurie R on 11/26/01 at 00:04 (065273)

Dear Suzanne , Thank you so much for thinking about me . I so appreciate your thoughts and prayers ... You make me feel very special .

As for my foot , I don't have anything good to say at all. It is the same . I have gone through two rounds of spinal injections for the RSD and I feel they did not help . I will see my PM doctor this coming Friday . He did say when I was gettng the last injections that this will probably be the last time until I get surgery . I think most of my pain is coming from the tendon problems and the fibroma .... The I see my Pod Dec 13 th .. So I will keep everyone posted on what he says.

I am still in pain all the time. I have started Bio-feedback which is helping . I really enjoy it . I never would of thought I could do it ,but it is working ... I also still go to PT and I am using a walking cast when my foot gets real bad and when I have to walk ....

I wish I could of had something good to say for a change ,but maybe one day. This is one thing , I will never give up hope .. I hold on to it ....

Thank you again , you are such a sweetheart to think of me ....

Much love ,Laurie

Carmen H on 11/26/01 at 07:25 (065281)

Hi girls!!! Well I had a good turkey day.....and the visit home with toby's parents and family was fun. I was a little down when the family went for the traditional Thanksgiving family walk after dinnerand I had to sit at home but that's life.
The drive home was brutal...we got a dining room set and Toby drove a U haul and I drove the car and the dog in sme4 Thunderstorm pouring down rain alllll the way home. About 4 hours worth of anxiety. But I am becoming unusually calm about almost everything in my life now. For some strange reason everything is changing from the way I feel to the way I think. My feet don't feel any better, I had my brain MRI yesterday, my lower back still hurts but for some reason my attitude is changing.
I strongly recommend picking up the book Spontaneous Healing by Andrew Weil. There is a lot of helpful information and useful positive uplifting thinking in there that may be contributin to my feelings lately. I am going to go this route once I find out what is wrong. I also tried something last week called NST (Neurostructurual Technique) on Tuesday. I was not able to walk on my right foot Monday night and so I made an appt. for Tuesday morning....I was totally desperate and went in and Tuesday the pain didn't start in until that night and has really been more mild since that day. I can't really explain what it is but I recommend looking into the web site.
http://www.usbowen.com
Laurie...I got your email this morning and want to write back but it will be awhile since I am swamped with work this morning. I did want to drop you all a line and say hello and give you this link on NST though.
Also Laurie a special note to you....YOU will get through this. there is a lesson in this and it will be revealed to you at the right time....I am praying for you. I think Dr. Weil's book would be beneficial to you and also I have a verse in the bible I want you to look into.....it's my new comfort. Luke 12:22-24
I will copy and send it to you if you email me your address. I will also pick you up a book by Dr. WEil if you are interested.
Love to all of you girls....thank you for all your special thoughts.

Re: Hi, Carmen, Laurie, and all

Tammie on 11/26/01 at 11:17 (065293)

I am glad to hear that tho your lives have been changed drastically that you both and many others here remain very upbeat and helpful to others! It warms my heart very much that tho people have many many troubles they always find a moment to touch another in a very special way! Maybe that is the gift we recieve thru the turmoil of finding answers. I do hope that you all find some peace and happiness thru the tough roads ahead and know that tho prayers may not give all the answers it sure is nice to know there are so many being said, I bet Gods box is quite overflowing thease days! But I also bet his smile is the biggest it has been in a long time as it seems the nation is remembering that prayer can be helpful to heal the deep wounds our nation has suffered and that as promised he never turns his back on our crys. Please have a wonderful day and give a hug or a smile to those around you! It is a wonderful time of year and seems as if it is allowed especially at this time of year without being looked at as tho you are a complete nutcase LOL yes I am indeed laughing out loud! Hugs to u all.