Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Just checking in to say hello

Posted by Valerie S on 11/26/01 at 11:25 (065295)

Hi.

Remember me? hee hee.

I am just checking in. With the big move up north over a month behind us, my feet are faring rather well. I have been exploring my creative side; made a bunch of doll clothes and worked a craft show over the weekend... will spend the winter making stuff and trying to become a better artist so I can sell stuff to tourists this summer. I guess this is a quiet little town for 9 months and it EXPLODES with people and money in the summertime. The people are so friendly up here. I had to shed my Grand Rapids attitude. I am relaxed and content, although a little isolated. hee hee.

I have had PF for 15 months now, and had to give up my retail management career. (It really wasn't me in the first place...) Everything is just falling into place now. Finally I am able to follow my true heartfelt dreams of becoming an artist. My husband is supportive of the idea, and I look forward to this self-exploration.

I find that spending long periods of time on my feet is still impossibly painful, but am finding a way to adjust my life around this for now. I think it really is getting better. Where 5 minutes would bother me before, I have had spells of over an hour without a twinge. I am still healing and taking great care not to overdo it. But I am finally getting to a point where I am not thinking about my feet all the time!! YEAH!

I'm sure the happy peaceful lifestyle here in Frankfort, Michigan is a contributor to my continued healing. I am so lucky to be here. Sorry if I sound like a sap... just wanted all my friends to know that I am well, and I really don't know where I would be without all the care and support of the people I met here!! Thanks, everyone!

I am busy right now making Christmas gifts for my family, but will be back again... take care and I hope we can all survive the holidays.

Your friend, Val.

Re: Just checking in to say hello

Tammie on 11/26/01 at 12:28 (065302)

Oh Val how could we forget you? You were such a help for myself I really am so thrilled that u sound happy! And on top of that u have begun to find yourself in a area that may indeed be your nitch in life! I am so very happy for u!!! I do wish you all the happiness in life and hope that this is truly the miracle that you were looking for! It took great courage to do the things that u did to help yourself and I admire your courage! Love to u and hugs for continued happiness always!

Carmen H on 11/26/01 at 14:23 (065311)

Sounds like you are finding peace of mind Valerie....that's wonderful! So I guess we have to thank PF for some things....even if it is dreadful most of the time.
Wonderful to hear you are feeling at peace there in MI.
Keep us posted on the artist in you!
carmen

Julie on 11/26/01 at 16:46 (065319)

Val, your message is thrilling! I vividly recall your early days on the board a year or so ago when you were hanging on to your job like grim death and couldn't bear the thought of having to give it up. And now you've let go of it and in the space that has opened up you've started to do what you really wanted to do all along. That's wonderful, and I am very very happy for you.

And Frankfort Michigan sounds perfect.

John h on 11/27/01 at 17:11 (065437)

Some nice people come from Michigan Valerie including the lovely Judy who is also rather artistic. It is nice to hear from you again and hear of your progress. Having grown up in the Chicago suburbs I do not envy your winter. It is cold enough here in Arkansas.

Laurie R on 11/27/01 at 19:41 (065451)

Dear Val, It is so nice to see your name on the board... Also that you are happy . I am so glad you are feeling better and things are now falling into place for you..... Always thinking about you and wishing you only the best...Much love to you , Laurie R

Tammie on 11/26/01 at 12:28 (065302)

Oh Val how could we forget you? You were such a help for myself I really am so thrilled that u sound happy! And on top of that u have begun to find yourself in a area that may indeed be your nitch in life! I am so very happy for u!!! I do wish you all the happiness in life and hope that this is truly the miracle that you were looking for! It took great courage to do the things that u did to help yourself and I admire your courage! Love to u and hugs for continued happiness always!

Carmen H on 11/26/01 at 14:23 (065311)

Sounds like you are finding peace of mind Valerie....that's wonderful! So I guess we have to thank PF for some things....even if it is dreadful most of the time.
Wonderful to hear you are feeling at peace there in MI.
Keep us posted on the artist in you!
carmen

Julie on 11/26/01 at 16:46 (065319)

Val, your message is thrilling! I vividly recall your early days on the board a year or so ago when you were hanging on to your job like grim death and couldn't bear the thought of having to give it up. And now you've let go of it and in the space that has opened up you've started to do what you really wanted to do all along. That's wonderful, and I am very very happy for you.

And Frankfort Michigan sounds perfect.

John h on 11/27/01 at 17:11 (065437)

Some nice people come from Michigan Valerie including the lovely Judy who is also rather artistic. It is nice to hear from you again and hear of your progress. Having grown up in the Chicago suburbs I do not envy your winter. It is cold enough here in Arkansas.

Laurie R on 11/27/01 at 19:41 (065451)

Dear Val, It is so nice to see your name on the board... Also that you are happy . I am so glad you are feeling better and things are now falling into place for you..... Always thinking about you and wishing you only the best...Much love to you , Laurie R