Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

birkenstock size

Posted by Terri on 11/26/01 at 15:07 (065313)

I have a question about size or rather where the toe bar in Birks should fall under your toes. Should it be under the joints in your toes, not touching any of the pads of your toes? I got a pair 2 months ago and they did feel great. However, sometimes they feel as if they are too big. The toe bar goes under the joints in my toes except for the big toe. It is actually under the edge of the fat pad on the big toe. I am thinking I need a size smaller or is that normal?

Re: birkenstock size

Julie on 11/26/01 at 16:54 (065320)

I believe that the right place for the toe bar is at the base of the toes, i.e. between the first joints and the ball of the foot, so that you can use your toes to grip and release while walking. If you can't easily 'scrunch' your toes with each step, the size may not be right.

Terri on 11/27/01 at 14:21 (065418)

Thanks Julie! I thought they might be too big, the place where I got them is real knowledgable. They deal in many different brands of shoes. I must have just been out of it or something when I tried them on. I just wish I hadn't waited so long before asking the question or I might have been able to take them back.

Julie on 11/26/01 at 16:54 (065320)

I believe that the right place for the toe bar is at the base of the toes, i.e. between the first joints and the ball of the foot, so that you can use your toes to grip and release while walking. If you can't easily 'scrunch' your toes with each step, the size may not be right.

Terri on 11/27/01 at 14:21 (065418)

Thanks Julie! I thought they might be too big, the place where I got them is real knowledgable. They deal in many different brands of shoes. I must have just been out of it or something when I tried them on. I just wish I hadn't waited so long before asking the question or I might have been able to take them back.