Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

which was more painful for you?

Posted by Paul on 11/27/01 at 10:04 (065388)

Hi everyone, I'm wondering which part of the emg test was more painful for most people, the shocks or the needle insertion. All replys are appreciated.

Re: they're both completely unbearable

elliott on 11/27/01 at 10:47 (065396)

Just kidding! Honest! Just kidding! Relatively speaking, the shocks are much more painful. By comparison, the needles are a total breeze that you'll laugh about it later. They got a bad rep somehow. Check out the 'Straight answer on EMG' thread by Mike Kepham appearing just a bit below for more details and opinions.

Need the test? Then just get it and suck it up (don't worry, not much air necessary). You'll be fine and remember it may help with your case.

Re: which was more painful for you?

SonnyK on 11/27/01 at 15:22 (065424)

The shocks were MUCH more uncomfortable for me. It was the worst feeling. But the needles were a breeze. I bet it is different for everyone....depending on pain tolerence and the person doing the test.

Re: they're both completely unbearable

elliott on 11/27/01 at 10:47 (065396)

Just kidding! Honest! Just kidding! Relatively speaking, the shocks are much more painful. By comparison, the needles are a total breeze that you'll laugh about it later. They got a bad rep somehow. Check out the 'Straight answer on EMG' thread by Mike Kepham appearing just a bit below for more details and opinions.

Need the test? Then just get it and suck it up (don't worry, not much air necessary). You'll be fine and remember it may help with your case.

Re: which was more painful for you?

SonnyK on 11/27/01 at 15:22 (065424)

The shocks were MUCH more uncomfortable for me. It was the worst feeling. But the needles were a breeze. I bet it is different for everyone....depending on pain tolerence and the person doing the test.