Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Celestial Seasons Tension Tamer Tea

Posted by elliott on 11/28/01 at 13:55 (065511)

As the package makes abundantly clear, this caffeine-free tea is now formulated with vitamins B6 and B12, each proven to have some value in taming an aggravated TTS nerve. Every tea bag has 20% PDV of each of these vitamins. I just started trying this tea. Might be a nice alternative to vitamin supplements--that is, if you can bear the taste. :-) If it works, I'll let you know. Of course, if it does, maybe it wasn't the B6 or B12, but rather one of the other vital ingredients--ginseng, chamomile, ginger, licorice, lemon ...

Re: Celestial Seasons Tension Tamer Tea

Maureen S on 11/28/01 at 15:45 (065520)

This is my favorite tea--I am not sure if there is any nutritional benefit to it but just sitting and relaxing--most importantly off of the feet, having a cup of tea is a nice thing to do. I have found that I have been bored silly being off of my feet and that enjoying a nice cup of tea helps pass the time and takes my mind off of the hurt my feet are feeling.

The key thought is that if you are post op or cant do much for yourself getting served if the hardest part of enjoying a nice moment like
Hugs and warm greeting to all,
Maureen
PS I am now 6 1/2 wks post op TTS and PF and am in my tennnies for the first time and feel great today.

Carole C on 11/28/01 at 20:45 (065567)

I love this brand of tea and I have been drinking it for nearly 30 years, though not recently. Thanks for reminding me!

I started drinking it for weight loss purposes. It's a way to have a treat with some flavor and not a significant number of calories, and the flavors I chose had no caffeine. I'll look and see what flavors they still have that I remember as being good. It seems to me that there was one that was apple/cinnamon flavor, which I liked a lot. I'll check next time I am at the grocery store.

That might be a couple of weeks, since I am resting my PF. I guess people here understand about that kind of thing, though. I am eating whatever is in the freezer and delaying going to the store so I can sit home with my feet up.

I still do a slow burn when I want to go frolicking off somewhere like this, and can't. It is so blankety-blank frustrating!!! I was so immobile for so long with arthritis, and then JUST got some mobility which I've been working on so hard, during the past year, losing 78 pounds and developing muscles that had not been used, and now this stupid PF has me nearly house bound again.

At least I have my handicapped hangtag and already know where all the drivethroughs are. lol

Maureen S on 11/28/01 at 15:45 (065520)

This is my favorite tea--I am not sure if there is any nutritional benefit to it but just sitting and relaxing--most importantly off of the feet, having a cup of tea is a nice thing to do. I have found that I have been bored silly being off of my feet and that enjoying a nice cup of tea helps pass the time and takes my mind off of the hurt my feet are feeling.

The key thought is that if you are post op or cant do much for yourself getting served if the hardest part of enjoying a nice moment like
Hugs and warm greeting to all,
Maureen
PS I am now 6 1/2 wks post op TTS and PF and am in my tennnies for the first time and feel great today.

Carole C on 11/28/01 at 20:45 (065567)

I love this brand of tea and I have been drinking it for nearly 30 years, though not recently. Thanks for reminding me!

I started drinking it for weight loss purposes. It's a way to have a treat with some flavor and not a significant number of calories, and the flavors I chose had no caffeine. I'll look and see what flavors they still have that I remember as being good. It seems to me that there was one that was apple/cinnamon flavor, which I liked a lot. I'll check next time I am at the grocery store.

That might be a couple of weeks, since I am resting my PF. I guess people here understand about that kind of thing, though. I am eating whatever is in the freezer and delaying going to the store so I can sit home with my feet up.

I still do a slow burn when I want to go frolicking off somewhere like this, and can't. It is so blankety-blank frustrating!!! I was so immobile for so long with arthritis, and then JUST got some mobility which I've been working on so hard, during the past year, losing 78 pounds and developing muscles that had not been used, and now this stupid PF has me nearly house bound again.

At least I have my handicapped hangtag and already know where all the drivethroughs are. lol