Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for doctor Z.

Posted by Beverly on 11/29/01 at 12:25 (065631)

Hi doctor Z. My very nice orthopedic surgeon is referring me to a rhuematologist, but it will take two or three months to get into see her.
My bloodwork has always been normal and there is no arthritis or lupus in my family other than old age arthritis. But he thinks that there is something more going on since I'm not getting better and my feet get pink in color when I sit and then return to normal color when I elevate them. He just doesn't know what it is but he suspects that the tendons, nerves, and circulation are involved.

So, have you seen anyone with chronic foot/ankle pain that went unresolved get improvement or get resolved through a rhuematologist? I understand there are many obsure connective tissue disorders.

No one has used the phrase RSD with me. I'd hate to think I might have that. I don't experience tingling or pins and needle feelings other than once in a rare moon. And for the most part, I don't have 24/7 pain. It is all related to my activity level.
Thanks,
Beverly

Re: Carmen butting in again...

Carmen H on 11/30/01 at 07:11 (065701)

Hi Beverly~

Take a look at this site for some info on Rheumatology while Dr. Z is getting back to you.
It may help.
http://www.dr-overman.com/rheumatologist.htm

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/30/01 at 11:53 (065735)

Yes
Your Rheumatologist can really help rule out any connective tissue diseases,lymes disease, RA etc The Rheumatologist can use more effective drugs

Carmen H on 11/30/01 at 07:11 (065701)

Hi Beverly~

Take a look at this site for some info on Rheumatology while Dr. Z is getting back to you.
It may help.
http://www.dr-overman.com/rheumatologist.htm

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/30/01 at 11:53 (065735)

Yes
Your Rheumatologist can really help rule out any connective tissue diseases,lymes disease, RA etc The Rheumatologist can use more effective drugs