Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Am I ready for ESWT?

Posted by Chris H on 11/29/01 at 14:07 (065641)

I have had PT since early 1997. Late 1997 was probably the when it was at its worst, and there were times I could barely walk after sitting down for an hour.

About that time I started seeing various Orthopedists without many results except pills and shots in my heel which hurt like hell. Then I switched to an aggressive podiatrist, and I've had some better results with him, but he doesn't do ESWT. I have, in fact, only just this year heard of ESWT for the first time.

I am in pain daily, usually its worst in my heel in the mornings or after I've been sitting (classical), and since last year I've grown nicely sized heelspurs for good measure. I don't remember the heelspurs there originally but they're there now.

I have a house full of night splints and night straps, I've had my fill of stretching and icing and taping, and all my friends and family are quite tired of hearing me complain about my feet. I also tend to get another pain in the middle of my feet around my arch if I've been standing or walking for more than about 45 minutes, and that usually gets worse and worse as time goes on. I presume that is a different problem, related to the fact that I have flat feet? I've had that since I was very young.

I've been looking through these boards and I see there are two types of ESWT - two machines, right? What is the difference, and which one is for me?

I live in White Plains, NY. Ready to take care of this, NOW. Thanks!

Re: Am I ready for ESWT?

KP on 11/29/01 at 14:29 (065645)

Get ESWT with Sonokur, presently available in Canada and you have good chances to get a relief. Your simptoms very close to mine. (Were)

Chris H on 11/29/01 at 15:23 (065648)

I had heard about a baseball player in Texas who recently had some form of ESWT and he was raving about it. Is 'Sonokur' what he used do you suppose? He said he had to go to Canada to have it done.

BrianJ on 11/29/01 at 18:11 (065665)

Rusty Grier of the Texas Rangers baseball team had ESWT performed in Canada, and then again in Texas (Dallas) by Dr. Charles Cook. I don't know what machine they used on him in Canada, but in Dallas they used the Ossatron. He was suffering from a bad case of bilateral PF, but said the Canada treatment decreased his pain by about 85% and the Dallas treatment took care of the rest.

DR Zuckerman on 11/29/01 at 22:12 (065696)

IF sounds like you have chronic insertional plantar fasciitis . ESWT is a very good choice due to the time frame and lack of pain relief from conversative treatment. Here is my take on the machine. Soncur is done in Canada. Will need about five treatments,cost is about $1500. Ossatron cost about $6000 done in the surgical center, IV anesthesia used. Orbasone cost $2500 for all treatment, done in office, no anesthesia. I can use both orbasone and ossatron. I perfer the orbasone due to no anesthesia or Surgical Center expense. Will send you packet or answer any questions regardless of where you go or what machine you choice. Can e-mail me (email removed)

KP on 11/29/01 at 14:29 (065645)

Get ESWT with Sonokur, presently available in Canada and you have good chances to get a relief. Your simptoms very close to mine. (Were)

Chris H on 11/29/01 at 15:23 (065648)

I had heard about a baseball player in Texas who recently had some form of ESWT and he was raving about it. Is 'Sonokur' what he used do you suppose? He said he had to go to Canada to have it done.

BrianJ on 11/29/01 at 18:11 (065665)

Rusty Grier of the Texas Rangers baseball team had ESWT performed in Canada, and then again in Texas (Dallas) by Dr. Charles Cook. I don't know what machine they used on him in Canada, but in Dallas they used the Ossatron. He was suffering from a bad case of bilateral PF, but said the Canada treatment decreased his pain by about 85% and the Dallas treatment took care of the rest.

DR Zuckerman on 11/29/01 at 22:12 (065696)

IF sounds like you have chronic insertional plantar fasciitis . ESWT is a very good choice due to the time frame and lack of pain relief from conversative treatment. Here is my take on the machine. Soncur is done in Canada. Will need about five treatments,cost is about $1500. Ossatron cost about $6000 done in the surgical center, IV anesthesia used. Orbasone cost $2500 for all treatment, done in office, no anesthesia. I can use both orbasone and ossatron. I perfer the orbasone due to no anesthesia or Surgical Center expense. Will send you packet or answer any questions regardless of where you go or what machine you choice. Can e-mail me (email removed)