Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Laurie and Carmen

Posted by Tammie on 11/29/01 at 15:47 (065649)

As you struggle looking for your answers I keep you in my thoughts and prayers! I am so sorry that you suffer so much from pain and I do hope that soon you both will be feeling much better and enjoying the holidays and New year. Please let us know how you both are.!My prayers are with u as always! Hugs to u

Re: Laurie and Carmen

Suzanne D on 11/29/01 at 18:13 (065666)

I echo Tammie's message! You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping to hear that you find some answers soon.

Re: to Tammie...

Suzanne D on 11/29/01 at 18:22 (065667)

Hi, Tammie! I just read below in another post you made that you are going to the dr. tomorrow. I wish you well and hope that he will refill the pain medication since it is helping you!

Take care! :-) If you figure out how to mail a snowman to Necee, you can send one to me, too; we are having rain, rain rain around here!

Tammie on 11/29/01 at 18:33 (065672)

Hello to u, Yes a visit to my friend the pod I hope no lecture tho . Heheh. I dont care if he gives me pills really if he could make the hurt go away so I can sleep and live with relitivly less hurt . But at this point I said I would do anything to feel better, well almost anything . I am not ready to give up my job. I might cut back but not give it up . Thanks for the good wishes and really he is a nice guy I like him allot we have a history now. I think he is understanding me a bit more .

Now for the snowman hmmmmmmmm we dont have snow either just rain rain rain! But hubby says we need it as not much and water tables are low. Lake Erie is said to be at a record all time low 3 ft below normal . So he says need that snow or at least some rain. I seen it is to be 60 ish on tues unbelievable as we normaly have snowwwwwwwwwww! But we enjoy good weather while it lasts as I am certain winter will catch us in the way it normally does. Well you have a wonderful evening and a good day tomorrow at school! I will be working also and am looking foward to it as much as I can . Minus the feet . Hugs to u

Re: Suzanne and Tammie

Carmen H on 11/30/01 at 07:16 (065702)

You two are SOOO sweet. I am pasting in a portion of what I told Lori that I found out at the docs the other day to give you an update.
I think I lost your emails in my virus problems the other day and am afraid to give out my new email right now. As soon as I have an idea of what is going on with the account I will post my email.

Here's hwat I told Laurie about my visits.

I went to the chiropractor/kinesiologist and the NST guy yesterday. It was my first time to the Chiro/Kin. and he sat down with me for a half hour and we talked about my pain,. the things I have done, the tests the reports, how I feel etc etc...it was REALLY nice. He let me tap his brain for information etc.
Anyway...he said he is 80% sure it is a disk problem in my back around the areas where the degeneration is located on my MRI. This is the area of the back that supplies the nerves to the feet, glutes, legs. SO this would make perfect sense that my feet, glutes, lower back and legs tingle and burn.
He was with me for almost an hour and a half just talking, working on me (NO serious manipulation or crazy snapping and jerking etc) and he says he will 'never lie to me. If he doesn't know the answer he will TELL me and send me to someone that might.' He says he 'doesn't have all the answers but he will do his best to help me get my life back'
He said 'I would say that you should have about a 70% chance of feeling better after 2 visits.'
I haven't had any burning in my feet since Weds. morning.......none last night and today it's BARELY creeping in and I think it's because I haven't stood up enough to get blood rolling into my feet.
Blood circulation into those areas is VERY important...I know that is half my problem.
SO I feel really good about him. I told him right away...I was raised on chiro. care and I know the good ones from the 'hokie Pokie' (as I call he hoaxes) ones. So pleasetalk to me straight and send me on my way if you can't help.
With the NST moving the blood into my feet and his manipulation of my spine....my feet are hopefully on the road to health.
I also saw a podiatrist today that works with a doctor at John Hopkins Hosp. every year and he is testing me for tarsal tunnel. JUST in case and to make sure.....if it gets BAD again...we'll know it's not JUST the back. BUT my back hasn't burned at all TODAY either. So I hope it's not TTS as it has to be corrected by surgery if it doesn't correct itself.
Ouch. But he has worked with this guy to perfect the TTS surgery and his WRITTEN success rate is 90% and the other 10% are NOT worse off.
Wow..all that in one breath!
So how is that for an update for ya???
I feel pretty good about it....I am not SO scared anymore that i have some cRAZY disease that isn't being diagnosed.
I think I am on my way to healthy again. I am still working with the neurologist though. I am not giving up my relationship with him YET as it takes TWO months to get in to see him.

Tammie and Suzanne...thanks again for all your kind words.
Why don't we talk about YOU for a change. How are YOU?

Re: To: Carmen

Necee on 11/30/01 at 08:24 (065706)

Hello Carmen,
I just wanted to let you know that as you struggle to get answers to your health problems I have you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that in the days ahead you'll be restored to good health.
Happy trails.......
Necee

Re: Necee

CArmen H on 11/30/01 at 09:51 (065712)

Thank you Necee. All of your prayers and thoughts are soo appreciated. And ....they're working. ;-) I am getting some ideas and amswers.
Thank you sooo much.

JudyS on 11/30/01 at 11:08 (065723)

Carmen - This sounds like such positive work for you! I know what joy it is to feel even the most minimal relief - it's like being reborn - so I wish you many more progressive days. Good for You!

Suzanne D on 11/30/01 at 11:48 (065731)

Dear Carmen,
Your news sounds very positive and I am so HOPEFUL and HAPPY for you!!! Thank you for taking the time to write that and explain the latest. You are on my mind every day. I know your best Christmas gift would be to have answers and less pain!! That is what I wish for you!

Thanks for asking about me. I am doing pretty well - have some days that are better than others. Sometimes I know I do too much and that causes more pain, but sometimes there just doesn't seem any way around it! I had water in my basement, threatening 22 years of school 'stuff', so I was on my feet for hours Wednesday reboxing in plastic, etc. I was REALLY tired then, but I did take a few breaks and didn't seem too much worse yesterday - that is until, rhrough a series of circumstances, I had to go to the high school to pick up my daughter at the end of school. She didn't know I was coming, so I waited by the doors to try to catch her coming out. In her school of almost 2,000, I missed her and literally had to run (as best I could - I am sure it was a humourous sight!) to the next to the last bus in a long line to get her before they left. That HURT! (And I embarassed her, too, I think, but anyway... At least I didn't have on one of my goofy outfits with book characters on it as I ran in front of all the high schoolers on the buses!) :-) My left foot hurt worse last night than it has in a long time, but I am happy to say that today it is better. My Birkenstocks keep me going, I believe.

Take care!

John h on 11/30/01 at 13:24 (065741)

Carmen: I would be just a little upset with the doctor, who it seems, jumped to the diagnosis of MS and told you so rather quick.

Re: Carmen - hurrah!

Julie on 11/30/01 at 16:21 (065765)

Carmen, that sounds like good news to me. I've wondered from the beginning, if you remember, that the source of your multiple problems could be nerve impingement, and I really hope that this chiropracter knows his stuff and can help you. And if it isn't MS - that's marvellous! I'm sure you are feeling optimistic now, and so am I for you.

Well done.

Re: JULIE

Carmen H on 11/30/01 at 16:43 (065769)

Thanks Julie. I appreciate you! You know...I feel like a new person just KNOWING I could have a diagnosis. Just knowing that I don't have MS or RSD or anything like that and I can start on a mission for improvement and good health. I have to say I am rather happy that I haveLOST weight (GOOD muscle weight I know...I hate that part of it) but not gained anything since this has happened to me. I am VERY fortunate to be educated about what's good for my body . It has helped!
How are you over there in England? It was like 70 degrees here this past week....and higher. Where's Christmas weather??
:-)
Thansk again Julie...I DO feel pretty positive right now.

Re: Carmen

Julie on 12/01/01 at 02:42 (065790)

Hi Carmen

Ands you really sound positive - but then you always have. Your attitude to this has always been fantastic and an inspiration to everyone. I can imagine how good it feels to be on the right track at last, after your long search for answers.

Congratulations on not gaining weight. The muscle will come back when you start training again - something to look forward to!

It's gloomy, warmish and humid today, but we've had a glorious autumn, the first real fall I can remember in all these years of living here. Normally it's so wet and windy, that the leaves just give up and fall off, but this year it has been dry and there have been a couple of cold snaps, so we've had real autumn colours. That, and snow (we never get more than about an inch of slush) are the things I miss most about New York weather.

Keep smiling, Carmen. I look forward to following your progress.

Re: Laurie and Carmen

Suzanne D on 11/29/01 at 18:13 (065666)

I echo Tammie's message! You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping to hear that you find some answers soon.

Suzanne D on 11/29/01 at 18:22 (065667)

Hi, Tammie! I just read below in another post you made that you are going to the dr. tomorrow. I wish you well and hope that he will refill the pain medication since it is helping you!

Take care! :-) If you figure out how to mail a snowman to Necee, you can send one to me, too; we are having rain, rain rain around here!

Tammie on 11/29/01 at 18:33 (065672)

Hello to u, Yes a visit to my friend the pod I hope no lecture tho . Heheh. I dont care if he gives me pills really if he could make the hurt go away so I can sleep and live with relitivly less hurt . But at this point I said I would do anything to feel better, well almost anything . I am not ready to give up my job. I might cut back but not give it up . Thanks for the good wishes and really he is a nice guy I like him allot we have a history now. I think he is understanding me a bit more .

Now for the snowman hmmmmmmmm we dont have snow either just rain rain rain! But hubby says we need it as not much and water tables are low. Lake Erie is said to be at a record all time low 3 ft below normal . So he says need that snow or at least some rain. I seen it is to be 60 ish on tues unbelievable as we normaly have snowwwwwwwwwww! But we enjoy good weather while it lasts as I am certain winter will catch us in the way it normally does. Well you have a wonderful evening and a good day tomorrow at school! I will be working also and am looking foward to it as much as I can . Minus the feet . Hugs to u

Carmen H on 11/30/01 at 07:16 (065702)

You two are SOOO sweet. I am pasting in a portion of what I told Lori that I found out at the docs the other day to give you an update.
I think I lost your emails in my virus problems the other day and am afraid to give out my new email right now. As soon as I have an idea of what is going on with the account I will post my email.

Here's hwat I told Laurie about my visits.

I went to the chiropractor/kinesiologist and the NST guy yesterday. It was my first time to the Chiro/Kin. and he sat down with me for a half hour and we talked about my pain,. the things I have done, the tests the reports, how I feel etc etc...it was REALLY nice. He let me tap his brain for information etc.
Anyway...he said he is 80% sure it is a disk problem in my back around the areas where the degeneration is located on my MRI. This is the area of the back that supplies the nerves to the feet, glutes, legs. SO this would make perfect sense that my feet, glutes, lower back and legs tingle and burn.
He was with me for almost an hour and a half just talking, working on me (NO serious manipulation or crazy snapping and jerking etc) and he says he will 'never lie to me. If he doesn't know the answer he will TELL me and send me to someone that might.' He says he 'doesn't have all the answers but he will do his best to help me get my life back'
He said 'I would say that you should have about a 70% chance of feeling better after 2 visits.'
I haven't had any burning in my feet since Weds. morning.......none last night and today it's BARELY creeping in and I think it's because I haven't stood up enough to get blood rolling into my feet.
Blood circulation into those areas is VERY important...I know that is half my problem.
SO I feel really good about him. I told him right away...I was raised on chiro. care and I know the good ones from the 'hokie Pokie' (as I call he hoaxes) ones. So pleasetalk to me straight and send me on my way if you can't help.
With the NST moving the blood into my feet and his manipulation of my spine....my feet are hopefully on the road to health.
I also saw a podiatrist today that works with a doctor at John Hopkins Hosp. every year and he is testing me for tarsal tunnel. JUST in case and to make sure.....if it gets BAD again...we'll know it's not JUST the back. BUT my back hasn't burned at all TODAY either. So I hope it's not TTS as it has to be corrected by surgery if it doesn't correct itself.
Ouch. But he has worked with this guy to perfect the TTS surgery and his WRITTEN success rate is 90% and the other 10% are NOT worse off.
Wow..all that in one breath!
So how is that for an update for ya???
I feel pretty good about it....I am not SO scared anymore that i have some cRAZY disease that isn't being diagnosed.
I think I am on my way to healthy again. I am still working with the neurologist though. I am not giving up my relationship with him YET as it takes TWO months to get in to see him.

Tammie and Suzanne...thanks again for all your kind words.
Why don't we talk about YOU for a change. How are YOU?

Re: To: Carmen

Necee on 11/30/01 at 08:24 (065706)

Hello Carmen,
I just wanted to let you know that as you struggle to get answers to your health problems I have you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that in the days ahead you'll be restored to good health.
Happy trails.......
Necee

Re: Necee

CArmen H on 11/30/01 at 09:51 (065712)

Thank you Necee. All of your prayers and thoughts are soo appreciated. And ....they're working. ;-) I am getting some ideas and amswers.
Thank you sooo much.

JudyS on 11/30/01 at 11:08 (065723)

Carmen - This sounds like such positive work for you! I know what joy it is to feel even the most minimal relief - it's like being reborn - so I wish you many more progressive days. Good for You!

Suzanne D on 11/30/01 at 11:48 (065731)

Dear Carmen,
Your news sounds very positive and I am so HOPEFUL and HAPPY for you!!! Thank you for taking the time to write that and explain the latest. You are on my mind every day. I know your best Christmas gift would be to have answers and less pain!! That is what I wish for you!

Thanks for asking about me. I am doing pretty well - have some days that are better than others. Sometimes I know I do too much and that causes more pain, but sometimes there just doesn't seem any way around it! I had water in my basement, threatening 22 years of school 'stuff', so I was on my feet for hours Wednesday reboxing in plastic, etc. I was REALLY tired then, but I did take a few breaks and didn't seem too much worse yesterday - that is until, rhrough a series of circumstances, I had to go to the high school to pick up my daughter at the end of school. She didn't know I was coming, so I waited by the doors to try to catch her coming out. In her school of almost 2,000, I missed her and literally had to run (as best I could - I am sure it was a humourous sight!) to the next to the last bus in a long line to get her before they left. That HURT! (And I embarassed her, too, I think, but anyway... At least I didn't have on one of my goofy outfits with book characters on it as I ran in front of all the high schoolers on the buses!) :-) My left foot hurt worse last night than it has in a long time, but I am happy to say that today it is better. My Birkenstocks keep me going, I believe.

Take care!

John h on 11/30/01 at 13:24 (065741)

Carmen: I would be just a little upset with the doctor, who it seems, jumped to the diagnosis of MS and told you so rather quick.

Re: Carmen - hurrah!

Julie on 11/30/01 at 16:21 (065765)

Carmen, that sounds like good news to me. I've wondered from the beginning, if you remember, that the source of your multiple problems could be nerve impingement, and I really hope that this chiropracter knows his stuff and can help you. And if it isn't MS - that's marvellous! I'm sure you are feeling optimistic now, and so am I for you.

Well done.

Re: JULIE

Carmen H on 11/30/01 at 16:43 (065769)

Thanks Julie. I appreciate you! You know...I feel like a new person just KNOWING I could have a diagnosis. Just knowing that I don't have MS or RSD or anything like that and I can start on a mission for improvement and good health. I have to say I am rather happy that I haveLOST weight (GOOD muscle weight I know...I hate that part of it) but not gained anything since this has happened to me. I am VERY fortunate to be educated about what's good for my body . It has helped!
How are you over there in England? It was like 70 degrees here this past week....and higher. Where's Christmas weather??
:-)
Thansk again Julie...I DO feel pretty positive right now.

Re: Carmen

Julie on 12/01/01 at 02:42 (065790)

Hi Carmen

Ands you really sound positive - but then you always have. Your attitude to this has always been fantastic and an inspiration to everyone. I can imagine how good it feels to be on the right track at last, after your long search for answers.

Congratulations on not gaining weight. The muscle will come back when you start training again - something to look forward to!

It's gloomy, warmish and humid today, but we've had a glorious autumn, the first real fall I can remember in all these years of living here. Normally it's so wet and windy, that the leaves just give up and fall off, but this year it has been dry and there have been a couple of cold snaps, so we've had real autumn colours. That, and snow (we never get more than about an inch of slush) are the things I miss most about New York weather.

Keep smiling, Carmen. I look forward to following your progress.