Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel spurs and now shoulder spurs

Posted by Cynthia D on 11/29/01 at 19:51 (065682)

Has anyone else out there ever had heel spurs in Addition to shoulder spurs? That was my latest good news. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else with heel spurs? Where else can spurs pop up on one poor body? Thanks.

Re: Heel spurs and now shoulder spurs

john h on 11/30/01 at 09:11 (065707)

cynthia there should be no relationship between shoulder spurs and a true heelspur caused by a taut fascia. You can develop spurs in almost any joint in the body due to wear and tear/arthritis. Shoulder and knee spurs appear to be most common. I had spurs removed from second joint of great toe (chelictomy) and have them in other great toe also. This is known as Hallux Limitus or Hallux Rigidus.

Cynthia D on 12/02/01 at 11:49 (065903)

So does that just mean the old body is wearing out? I'm only 41!! It must be real painful in your toes. I have been to Dr. Z. and the old heel spurs were the real thing alright. I just thought it odd that I got shoulder spurs, too. I am a tennis player, so I guess that's the cost of playing. Good luck to you! Hope you're all better these days. I think the zaps got my feet all better after five years of suffering. Take care.

DR Zuckerman on 12/02/01 at 12:25 (065908)

Hi

Well now it is shoulder spur. I know there is tennis elbow but I would think that your shoulder joint would start to give you problem from the downward swing of serving. Glad your feet are feeling better. Now on to the shoulders.

Re: Hey, Doctor Wizard

Cynthia D on 12/02/01 at 20:11 (065939)

How have you been? Yes, if it's not one thing, it's another. I at least knew enough to address this pain immediately, not to ignore it for four years like I did the pain in my feet! Haha. I got myself a big ol' shot of cortisone last week and I'm back in the game already. There's a lesson there to everyone, don't ignore your pain.

Are you travelling yet? Coming to Boston anytime soon?

john h on 11/30/01 at 09:11 (065707)

cynthia there should be no relationship between shoulder spurs and a true heelspur caused by a taut fascia. You can develop spurs in almost any joint in the body due to wear and tear/arthritis. Shoulder and knee spurs appear to be most common. I had spurs removed from second joint of great toe (chelictomy) and have them in other great toe also. This is known as Hallux Limitus or Hallux Rigidus.

Cynthia D on 12/02/01 at 11:49 (065903)

So does that just mean the old body is wearing out? I'm only 41!! It must be real painful in your toes. I have been to Dr. Z. and the old heel spurs were the real thing alright. I just thought it odd that I got shoulder spurs, too. I am a tennis player, so I guess that's the cost of playing. Good luck to you! Hope you're all better these days. I think the zaps got my feet all better after five years of suffering. Take care.

DR Zuckerman on 12/02/01 at 12:25 (065908)

Hi

Well now it is shoulder spur. I know there is tennis elbow but I would think that your shoulder joint would start to give you problem from the downward swing of serving. Glad your feet are feeling better. Now on to the shoulders.

Re: Hey, Doctor Wizard

Cynthia D on 12/02/01 at 20:11 (065939)

How have you been? Yes, if it's not one thing, it's another. I at least knew enough to address this pain immediately, not to ignore it for four years like I did the pain in my feet! Haha. I got myself a big ol' shot of cortisone last week and I'm back in the game already. There's a lesson there to everyone, don't ignore your pain.

Are you travelling yet? Coming to Boston anytime soon?