Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT Dr. Z?

Posted by Pat F. on 11/29/01 at 19:57 (065683)

Spoke w/you last summer about ESWT. Have tried ALL conservative measures over a year and a half, wear custom orthotics constantly, and still no relief. Now, my pain seems to be more around the bottom part of the back of my heel, not at the site of the heelspur (although that still bothers me at times too). Am worried that ESWT won't solve the problem, since the pain seems to be in more than one place and varies. Am reluctant to spend the money if it won't help. Any advice?

Re: ESWT Dr. Z?

DR Zuckerman on 11/29/01 at 22:05 (065695)

How is the range of motion of your ankle.? The key to detmine if ESWT is right for you would be to determine if your pain is pf and or achilles tendonitis. Where do you live? Do happy to take a look at your foot records or examine you if there is possible.

Pat F. on 11/30/01 at 16:36 (065767)

Range of motion is good, but slight pain with rotation. Had the pf first for about a year, now the other pain. What is done for the achilles tendonitis? Live in upstate NY.

DR Zuckerman on 12/02/01 at 07:22 (065891)

Will send you information about ESWT and the achilles tendon . Just e-mail Dr. Z (email removed) There is also great information on this web site

DR Zuckerman on 11/29/01 at 22:05 (065695)

How is the range of motion of your ankle.? The key to detmine if ESWT is right for you would be to determine if your pain is pf and or achilles tendonitis. Where do you live? Do happy to take a look at your foot records or examine you if there is possible.

Pat F. on 11/30/01 at 16:36 (065767)

Range of motion is good, but slight pain with rotation. Had the pf first for about a year, now the other pain. What is done for the achilles tendonitis? Live in upstate NY.

DR Zuckerman on 12/02/01 at 07:22 (065891)

Will send you information about ESWT and the achilles tendon . Just e-mail Dr. Z (email removed) There is also great information on this web site