Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Chronic achilles tendon problems

Posted by George J on 11/29/01 at 20:11 (065685)

I am grateful to find this board , and am in the process of reading the posts to try and learn more. I am a runner with 4-5 years worth of achilles tendon problems, at the insertion point to the heel,I think due to having Haglunds Deformity - I have been the full route of treatment with the exception of a night splint , which I am about to try. My dodctor mentioned EWST and I was wondering if this has been a successful treatment for others with achilles problems .Thank you

Re: Chronic achilles tendon problems

DR Zuckerman on 12/06/01 at 21:05 (066373)

Hi

We have used ESWT for chronic insertional achilles tendonits with or without calfication. The use of ESWT for haglund's deformity isn't very effective with ESWT. I would be very happy to discuss our sucess for chronic achilles tendon or discuss the treatment options for haglund deformity

Re: Chronic achilles tendon problems

DR Zuckerman on 12/06/01 at 21:05 (066373)

Hi

We have used ESWT for chronic insertional achilles tendonits with or without calfication. The use of ESWT for haglund's deformity isn't very effective with ESWT. I would be very happy to discuss our sucess for chronic achilles tendon or discuss the treatment options for haglund deformity