Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is it TTS??

Posted by Mike C on 11/29/01 at 20:28 (065690)

I have been having problems with my feet for several years. I was diagnosed with PF in both feet ~5yrs ago. I went through physical therapy for about 8wks and began wearing soft, fitted orthotics. This took care of the problem for several years. I didn't periodically replace the orthotics(as i was instructed to) and I began to feel the sharp pains at the front of the heel and back of the ball like I did before. I had since relocated to another state and so went to another Podiatrist. He sent me to a person who fitted me with soft orthotics again. I bought 2 pair, both of which didn't appear to be well constructed. They were not well finished in appearance. After wearing these inserts I had severe foot pain in the heel and ball areas of both feet, tingling in both feet and total numbness on the TOP of the left big toe. The numbness slowly went away only after I had stopped wearing the inserts.After three adjustments and little improvement, I went to a different Podiatrist who diagnosed me with fallen arches in both feet and put me in custom-fitted,hard inserts. The arch pain has subsided, but the tingling in my feet, pain on the outer bottom right heel and general soreness(like I have just finished a 10 mile hike)continues. My podiatrist now believes that I may have TTS, as well. He has prescribed Elavil and says that if this fails he wants to put me in a boot. He'll treat the right foot first, since the pain is greatest in that foot.

I work in an industrial environment and walk continuously on a concrete surface. As you can see, this has been quite a trip!! Any insight or advice anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Is it TTS??

CArmen H on 11/30/01 at 10:24 (065717)

Try the TTS message boards as well as this one.

Re: Is it TTS??

CArmen H on 11/30/01 at 10:24 (065717)

Try the TTS message boards as well as this one.