Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Almost sure it's TTS-question for old timers

Posted by Carmen H on 11/30/01 at 07:38 (065704)

New to this part ofthe site but not the heelspurs site....
Believe I have TTS.
Great. One Question....The burning has stopped afterabout 4 months. BUT the tingling on the ankles is there still and two toes are numb. Does this mean it is healing or am I in for a shocker of more serious pain?
I can't imagine anything worse than that burning with numbness, tingling etc. THAT was AWFUL.
Also have slight disk bulging at the levels that supply the nerves to the feet which is probably contributing to the pain.
Any imput would be great. Thanks!
Final test next week to confirm and also Neurontin doesn't work on me.....2700 mg.
No relief.

Re: Almost sure it's TTS-question for old timers

wendyn on 11/30/01 at 09:20 (065710)

I'm a little confused. We have a Carmen here who was recently diagnosed with MS. Are you the same Carmen?

If so - did they change your diagnosis? I haven't been keeping up very well lately.

CArmen H on 11/30/01 at 09:58 (065713)

I was undiagnosed but being tested for MS. It was negative for MS. They are NOW starting to listen to my symptoms and as I suspected MONTHS ago TTS is probably the issue.
I got a referral to another doctor who specializes in nerve problems in the feet and has worked with a doctor at John Hopkins on TTS surgeries and treatments. He is testing me to make sure. also have some disk problems in my back nad have seen a kinesiologist/chiropractor and a guy who does NST and my back feels MUCH better, the burning in my feet has stopped (tingling remains and the ankles are sensitive still) and the burning in my hands is lessening as well.
So I am finally being heard by the doctors and they are confirming my own suspicions of TTS and back problems.
Thanks for asking Wendy...I am having trouble keeping up with posts too...
and my typing is terrible!!!!
:-)
But I don't have MS and I am going to live so life is good!

wendyn on 11/30/01 at 17:08 (065771)

I remember how scary it was to think I had it...I am very happy that you don't!!!!

wendyn on 11/30/01 at 09:20 (065710)

I'm a little confused. We have a Carmen here who was recently diagnosed with MS. Are you the same Carmen?

If so - did they change your diagnosis? I haven't been keeping up very well lately.

CArmen H on 11/30/01 at 09:58 (065713)

I was undiagnosed but being tested for MS. It was negative for MS. They are NOW starting to listen to my symptoms and as I suspected MONTHS ago TTS is probably the issue.
I got a referral to another doctor who specializes in nerve problems in the feet and has worked with a doctor at John Hopkins on TTS surgeries and treatments. He is testing me to make sure. also have some disk problems in my back nad have seen a kinesiologist/chiropractor and a guy who does NST and my back feels MUCH better, the burning in my feet has stopped (tingling remains and the ankles are sensitive still) and the burning in my hands is lessening as well.
So I am finally being heard by the doctors and they are confirming my own suspicions of TTS and back problems.
Thanks for asking Wendy...I am having trouble keeping up with posts too...
and my typing is terrible!!!!
:-)
But I don't have MS and I am going to live so life is good!

wendyn on 11/30/01 at 17:08 (065771)

I remember how scary it was to think I had it...I am very happy that you don't!!!!