Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ok I can post now , I 'm done having my pitty party ..

Posted by Laurie R on 11/30/01 at 11:19 (065726)

Hello to Everyone , It has been a few sad days for me . I am over the pitty now . As for thoes who know me ,I go through this every once in a while . I figured out this happens to me when I am in terrible pain .

I thought all this time that the last two spinal injections did not work at all... Well I was wrong . I iwll say the first one only worked for a few hours . I had the second round of spinal injections done on Nov 15 th . Since I'm in pain everyday I thought it did not work either . Then on Tue the terrible pain was back in full force . So the second injections must of done something ..

I saw my Pain Management doctor on Wed . He said it was the RSD causing this terrible pain . He said the second injections did help for about two weeks . So he will do the third round of spianl injections this Tues .. WE are hoping it will help for a little while longer .

The thing is and has always been , I need surgery to fix the rest of the problems ... He dictated a letter while I was in his office on Wed ,to my Pod and attorney and WC ,so everyone knows what is going on with my treatment for RSD ..

All I can say is I am so glad I gave my PM doctor another chance . He is such a wonderful doctor . He is really busy and loves the phone .. He did come in with his headset phone around his neck ,but he was not using it . I have never been to this type of doctor before ,and did not realize how busy he is .. I think I was used to my Pod spending one hour with me at a visit ...

I will say even though my PM doctor is busy ,he is very compassionate and take my pain very seriously and he LISTENS to me and understands where I am coming from. I told him my name is Laurie and I thank you for using it , I am not just a number or just another WC case ...

I also thanked him from the bottom of my heart for his compassion he shows me in the sugery center when I go for the injections. He told me you already thanked me at the surgery center , I said yes I did ,but I was on all kinds of drugs . I wanted him to know that I ment it when I was not on the drugs ... Then I got up and gave him a big hug . As my hubby said ,I think I shocked him.... I feel it is so important to say thank you to someone that is trying hard to help you ... After all my life is in his hands....

So the plan is for me to go this Tues for the third spinal injections and then I see my Pod on Dec 13 th to go over everything . I hope I will have some type of answers ... The thing is I have so many different probelms going on . My Pod thinks we need to treat the RSD and my PM doctor say I need surgery and then after surgery I will go two times a week for spinal injections . It is very important to treat the RSD aggressively after surgery ...

That is my story for now ....I will stay postitive and I won't ever give up . I must keep the faith .....And I will ,now sometimes it does get hard .

Now I know Tammie has an appointment with her Pod today .I wish you all the luck . PLEASE let us know how it turns out ...

Carmen , you are such a sweetheart , I wish you all the luck in finding out what has been casing all your pain ... Keep us posted ..

Barbara TX , How are you doing ?? How has your pain been ??

Anthony , how are you feeling ?? I hope your foot is healing well and you are not in pain ......

Suzanne ,Thank you as always for thinking of me and all your kind words.. It helps me so much to have your support ...

And to everyone else for all your prayers and good thoughts .. it has been a long road , but we will get better , when ? I don't know . For now I thank God for this wonderful site and a place to vent ..

Much love to everyone .Laurie R

Re: Ok I can post now , I 'm done having my pitty party ..

CArmen H on 11/30/01 at 11:40 (065728)

Laurie.....You poor thing. I truly feel for you and you are in my permanent prayers.
I sent you an update on your email so I'll wait to hear from you there.....
I wish nothing but peace to your aching body today.

Suzanne D on 11/30/01 at 11:53 (065734)

Dear Laurie,

I am so sorry that you have had such rough days lately. That is your picture on the board, isn't it? I keep an image of you in my mind and remember you daily in my prayers. I just wish I could 'wave a magic wand', as my mother used to say, and make you all better!!! I would if I could. I just keep hoping that all the pieces of the puzzle will come together for you and you can be on the road to recovery. Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write and let us know how you are doing.

I am glad you won't ever give up!! Hang in there and know that we are pulling for you, too!

Beverly on 11/30/01 at 15:41 (065759)

Laurie,

It amazes me how upbeat you stay most of the time. After all you've been through, no wonder you've had some down days. So, it sounds like you're saying that the spinal injections reduced your pain level temporarily. Is that right? I hope so, because that at least helps give you a break from the intensity of pain level and also future hope. And I'm so glad you have a supportive doctor.

Could you tell us more about these shots? What's in them? Is it a steroid or something else, and did they hurt alot? A spinal shot sounds like it would hurt big time.

I think my ankle is trying to calm down a bit... waiting for the referral to the rhuematologist. I'm still taking it easy.
Other than an occassional dinner out with family/friends, I'm still on my home routine. I've got my 79 year old father toting in groceries next week.
I have a hard time with that. It should be the other way around, but the truth is, the guy is in great shape. He goes to the gym three times a week.

Take care and keep us update,
Beverly

susie on 11/30/01 at 18:51 (065775)

Laurie, I dont post very much but I do read the board all the time. I can relate to how you feel with the rsd. My pod is now talking to me about the shots, he wants to do 1 a week for 5 weeks. Ihave not yet agreed I see him again mid december
and we will dicuss it then. How did you feel having the block done? Were you awake? I thought my pod said I would be asleep and wake up numb! Good luck to you and I will keep you posted on any changes. But I dont expect much anymore
it only seems to be getting worse the more I try to get back to having a life... oh well bye for now Susie from N.J.

Tammie on 11/30/01 at 22:40 (065788)

Laurie Laurie Laurie,
I think if u apoligize for being human I am going to cry! You are a wonderful person who has been thru tremendous pain and worry and search for help and answers! I am so sorry that u had a rough time I really am I wish I could do something to help u! How about a hug? Not allot but it is sent with all my heart in it!I am praying for u Laurie! I dont know what else I can offer to u ! I do hope that u get some relief soon! If u ever need a friend u know u just have to email me ! I am sorry if I havent been as attentive lately , so much going on at times it is overwelming!
Take care my friend and may the sun fill your life as well as your heart. (((((HUGS)))))))

Anthony P on 12/01/01 at 08:22 (065798)

Laurie, Sorry to hear your having a rough time , I really feel for you
But I know your strong ,your gonna beat this thing
Hope your feeling better soon

My prayers to you

See my update on the surgery board Thanks Anthony P

wendyn on 12/01/01 at 22:47 (065880)

Laurie, I am sorry about your pain and your 'pity party'. How are things now?

I have had my own little pity party recently.

About 10 days ago, I was at the gym on a recumbent bike. Half way through, I realized I had the reistance set too high....BUT I was biking next to serious iron woman super fit coworker who also happens to be 20 years older than me.

Be damned if I was going to lower the resistance and admit that I couldn't do it. No...I'm not competitive at all.....

An hour after the gym I noticed burning around my right SI joint - and by the next morning I WAS A MESS.

The joint burns, my skin hurts - the muscles cramp up, and it burns and aches right down into my leg.

The first episode was resolved by massage, but it returned this week with a vengance following a 3 minute warm up on the bike. It went away after 1 day.

Today it is back again.

It hurts. I would consider seeing the doctor about it if I thought there was any hope that they could do anything for it....but I know that it's highly unlikely.

Maybe another massage?

Carole C on 12/01/01 at 23:04 (065882)

Wendyn, I'm so sorry to hear about your injury! I have wondered from time to time if my PF is due to barefoot recumbent bicycling that I had been doing each night at home, with the resistance set at the highest and seat adjusted improperly. Although recumbent bicycling can be good exercise for us, I guess it can cause problems depending on how we do it.

I hope you feel better soon. Maybe it would help to ditch the bike for a couple of months and swim instead? Just a thought.

Carole

_______

Re: Wendy - your SI joint

Julie on 12/02/01 at 04:15 (065886)

Wendy, if the pain goes right down your leg it's probably more likely to be impingement of the sciatic nerve (easily confused with SI dislocation). You have a good chiropracter, don't you? A treatment might help.

My sympathies. I have both kinds of problems, on and off.

Laurie R on 12/02/01 at 10:38 (065899)

Hi Beverly , Frist of all , thank you all for all your kind words .. Boy was I down ... I know you all know what I am going through as most of us have been dealing with this for a while now ... I'm just so tired of my pain and my foot ruling my life...

Beverly I think it is wonderful you will be seeing a Rhuematologist , I hope you find the answers to your pain ... You have been through a lot . Also I know you have had your ups and downs .... But you always stay positive and you don't give up .. You have a great attitude ....

You asked me to tell you more about the injections ... I will try to explain them the best I can .

They are done at a surgery center , which to me is better then a hospital . You go in and it is just like you are going to have surgery . You change into a gown and they start an IV ... I get Versade to calm my nerves before I go into the OR. Then they bring me to the OR . I lay on my tummy and they hook me up to the heart monitors and bp cup . Wash my back and by that point my PM doctor puts something in my IV so I go to sleep . Then I wake up and it is all over .... I did wake up in the middle of it last time . I asked my PM doctor if I was to be awake for that part and he said no ... He told the nurse to give me more of the meds so I would sleep. I think the whole thing takes about 30 minutes ...

What he used the first two times I had the spinal injections was I think Xylocaine . It numbs the sympathetic never which is in your spine .. He does use a local anesthetic first before he does the blocks ...Also the sympathetic nerve blocks are done under a fluoroscope so he can see where to put the needles .....He has not used any steroid in the injections I have had. They do use steroid in some of them ...

He gives me four injections total , two in the L2 and two in the L3 I think ...I will say my back is sore for a few days afterwards , not really pain ,but very sore . Like someone kicked my in my back ....

What if feels like when it is done . It feels very warm and a little numb from my back to my toes ...My foot is always like ice so it feels really good to be warm ...

I am going this Tues to have my third round of spinal injections ... We are hoping this time they will help a little longer then the last times... I think it sounds worse then it is , but remember I am asleep while he is doing the injections , Thank God I sure would not want to be awake for a 6' needle going into my spine ......

My best to you and good luck ..Laurie R

Laurie R on 12/02/01 at 11:02 (065901)

Hi Wendy , Sorry for your pain too. How are you feeling today ? Is the pain any better ? Now I have a stupid question , what is a SI joint ?? Whatever it is I hope it is better ...

I can't remember but don't you also have RSD? Have you ever had treatment for it ? Have you ever had the spinal injections ? If so did they help with the pain ??

Thank you for the kind words Wendy .You have always been so wonderful and compassionate to me..I thank you from the bottom of my heart.....

Also thank you to everyone for your kind words to me . I know I can come here and vent and you all understand .....

Much love to all ,Laurie R

John h on 12/02/01 at 12:00 (065904)

Hang in there Laurie!

wendyn on 12/02/01 at 16:51 (065920)

It's not a dumb question - if mine didn't hurt so often I wouldn't know what or where it was either.

SI stands for Sacro Iliac Joint - it's a spot in your back and if you think of how a skeleton looks - it's somewhere on one of those 'wings' that spread out at the base of your spine.

To be truthful, I don't know a lot about it, but I have a lot trouble with the one my right side because that whole side is just put together wrong. If anyone wants to jump in and explain more - please feel free (Julie!?!)

Julie asked if it might be sciatica instead....maybe - but I don't think so. I've had that before, and this is a similar pain - but not really the same - much more localized. This hurts A LOT in my back, so much so that the skin hurts - and the muscles keep seizing up, even right around the front into my side and waist. Although my leg hurts - it's not the same nerve pain - maybe referral pain?

I was eventually diagnosed with RSD - but it was long AFTER the very acute phase of whatever I have. I used to have the excruiating pain, stiffness, frequent color changes...and now I just rarely have the odd color changes.

My surgeon told me that if it had not settled down on it's own - I would have likely been going through treatment similar to what you are having.

I am sorry you have to go through this. I do feel very bad - but I am very thankful that your doctors seem to be treating you decently and trying to take good care of you.

You always say that you feel like a baby - Laurie you are honestly one of the bravest people I know.

My pain is better than yesterday, but still there.

The bike is kind of my last exercise that I can enjoy (I really hate the water so swimming is something I only do when I HAVE to). Hopefully this will settle down again soon.

My email has changed (again) for anyone who wants to contact me....

it's now (email removed)

wendyn on 12/02/01 at 16:54 (065921)

My mom had the injections (with the steriods) AND she was awake.

She is weird - can't take valium or anything like that - she doesn't even have freezing at the dentist when she get's a root canal or filing. (GROSS!)

Anyway, now I have to go phone her to make sure she was really awake when she had them. I know that after a while the steriods started to do weird things - she had all kinds of little sores (normal cuts and scratches) but they wouldn't heal. Eventually she had surgery again and she has been quite a bit better since.

Suzanne D on 12/02/01 at 20:48 (065946)

Wendy, I hope that you are continuing to feel better and that you are in less pain. I am sorry that you have had this setback. I have appreciated reading your posts and just wanted to let you know I wish you well and am thinking of you!

Take care up there is all that cold and snow! :-)

wendyn on 12/02/01 at 22:25 (065955)

Today is better Suzanne, and I'm sure tomorrow will be better also. It's just very frustrating (I'm sure you can all relate).

I was walking around work like a little old lady last Thursday, I hate it when the simplest things just feel like such a big deal.

Our weather is still cold - but not as bad as Friday night. Just winter.

Re: For Wendy

john h on 12/03/01 at 08:50 (065972)

One of the test a Physician will usually do when checking for nerve impingement in the leg is to have you walk across the room on the back of your heels (toes and forefoot up in the air). Can you do it and does it cause more pain?

Carole C on 12/03/01 at 11:42 (065979)

John, I don't know what Wendy's reaction is but it sent shivers of fear up and down my spine just to read about this test! And I 'only' have heelspurs. I can't imagine even trying to walk across the room on the back of my heels with my toes and forefeet up in the air. It would hurt too much! Maybe there is another test that can be done in that case.

Carole C

_________

wendyn on 12/03/01 at 21:31 (066038)

Actually - it sounded bad..but I just tried it, twice.

No problem!

Re: Amazing!

Carole C on 12/04/01 at 03:32 (066052)

Super! You are brave, Wendy. LOL

Carole

Re: To: Wendy N.

Necee on 12/04/01 at 12:10 (066099)

Hi Wendy,
I'm glad to read that your improving. Yes its rather sad to feel and walk like a 90 year old woman sometimes! I can really relate to that. When I get up from sitting I'm so stiff and sore, it takes me a few minutes to get everything limbered up! Makes me wonder what I'm going to be like when I really am 90!!! Boy thats a frightening thought. Anyway, I hope you continue to improve and that you have a wonderful Christmas. Oh and by the way, I haven't seen you on the IM lately, I miss our chats.
Happy Trails......
Necee

CArmen H on 11/30/01 at 11:40 (065728)

Laurie.....You poor thing. I truly feel for you and you are in my permanent prayers.
I sent you an update on your email so I'll wait to hear from you there.....
I wish nothing but peace to your aching body today.

Suzanne D on 11/30/01 at 11:53 (065734)

Dear Laurie,

I am so sorry that you have had such rough days lately. That is your picture on the board, isn't it? I keep an image of you in my mind and remember you daily in my prayers. I just wish I could 'wave a magic wand', as my mother used to say, and make you all better!!! I would if I could. I just keep hoping that all the pieces of the puzzle will come together for you and you can be on the road to recovery. Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write and let us know how you are doing.

I am glad you won't ever give up!! Hang in there and know that we are pulling for you, too!

Beverly on 11/30/01 at 15:41 (065759)

Laurie,

It amazes me how upbeat you stay most of the time. After all you've been through, no wonder you've had some down days. So, it sounds like you're saying that the spinal injections reduced your pain level temporarily. Is that right? I hope so, because that at least helps give you a break from the intensity of pain level and also future hope. And I'm so glad you have a supportive doctor.

Could you tell us more about these shots? What's in them? Is it a steroid or something else, and did they hurt alot? A spinal shot sounds like it would hurt big time.

I think my ankle is trying to calm down a bit... waiting for the referral to the rhuematologist. I'm still taking it easy.
Other than an occassional dinner out with family/friends, I'm still on my home routine. I've got my 79 year old father toting in groceries next week.
I have a hard time with that. It should be the other way around, but the truth is, the guy is in great shape. He goes to the gym three times a week.

Take care and keep us update,
Beverly

susie on 11/30/01 at 18:51 (065775)

Laurie, I dont post very much but I do read the board all the time. I can relate to how you feel with the rsd. My pod is now talking to me about the shots, he wants to do 1 a week for 5 weeks. Ihave not yet agreed I see him again mid december
and we will dicuss it then. How did you feel having the block done? Were you awake? I thought my pod said I would be asleep and wake up numb! Good luck to you and I will keep you posted on any changes. But I dont expect much anymore
it only seems to be getting worse the more I try to get back to having a life... oh well bye for now Susie from N.J.

Tammie on 11/30/01 at 22:40 (065788)

Laurie Laurie Laurie,
I think if u apoligize for being human I am going to cry! You are a wonderful person who has been thru tremendous pain and worry and search for help and answers! I am so sorry that u had a rough time I really am I wish I could do something to help u! How about a hug? Not allot but it is sent with all my heart in it!I am praying for u Laurie! I dont know what else I can offer to u ! I do hope that u get some relief soon! If u ever need a friend u know u just have to email me ! I am sorry if I havent been as attentive lately , so much going on at times it is overwelming!
Take care my friend and may the sun fill your life as well as your heart. (((((HUGS)))))))

Anthony P on 12/01/01 at 08:22 (065798)

Laurie, Sorry to hear your having a rough time , I really feel for you
But I know your strong ,your gonna beat this thing
Hope your feeling better soon

My prayers to you

See my update on the surgery board Thanks Anthony P

wendyn on 12/01/01 at 22:47 (065880)

Laurie, I am sorry about your pain and your 'pity party'. How are things now?

I have had my own little pity party recently.

About 10 days ago, I was at the gym on a recumbent bike. Half way through, I realized I had the reistance set too high....BUT I was biking next to serious iron woman super fit coworker who also happens to be 20 years older than me.

Be damned if I was going to lower the resistance and admit that I couldn't do it. No...I'm not competitive at all.....

An hour after the gym I noticed burning around my right SI joint - and by the next morning I WAS A MESS.

The joint burns, my skin hurts - the muscles cramp up, and it burns and aches right down into my leg.

The first episode was resolved by massage, but it returned this week with a vengance following a 3 minute warm up on the bike. It went away after 1 day.

Today it is back again.

It hurts. I would consider seeing the doctor about it if I thought there was any hope that they could do anything for it....but I know that it's highly unlikely.

Maybe another massage?

Carole C on 12/01/01 at 23:04 (065882)

Wendyn, I'm so sorry to hear about your injury! I have wondered from time to time if my PF is due to barefoot recumbent bicycling that I had been doing each night at home, with the resistance set at the highest and seat adjusted improperly. Although recumbent bicycling can be good exercise for us, I guess it can cause problems depending on how we do it.

I hope you feel better soon. Maybe it would help to ditch the bike for a couple of months and swim instead? Just a thought.

Carole

_______

Re: Wendy - your SI joint

Julie on 12/02/01 at 04:15 (065886)

Wendy, if the pain goes right down your leg it's probably more likely to be impingement of the sciatic nerve (easily confused with SI dislocation). You have a good chiropracter, don't you? A treatment might help.

My sympathies. I have both kinds of problems, on and off.

Laurie R on 12/02/01 at 10:38 (065899)

Hi Beverly , Frist of all , thank you all for all your kind words .. Boy was I down ... I know you all know what I am going through as most of us have been dealing with this for a while now ... I'm just so tired of my pain and my foot ruling my life...

Beverly I think it is wonderful you will be seeing a Rhuematologist , I hope you find the answers to your pain ... You have been through a lot . Also I know you have had your ups and downs .... But you always stay positive and you don't give up .. You have a great attitude ....

You asked me to tell you more about the injections ... I will try to explain them the best I can .

They are done at a surgery center , which to me is better then a hospital . You go in and it is just like you are going to have surgery . You change into a gown and they start an IV ... I get Versade to calm my nerves before I go into the OR. Then they bring me to the OR . I lay on my tummy and they hook me up to the heart monitors and bp cup . Wash my back and by that point my PM doctor puts something in my IV so I go to sleep . Then I wake up and it is all over .... I did wake up in the middle of it last time . I asked my PM doctor if I was to be awake for that part and he said no ... He told the nurse to give me more of the meds so I would sleep. I think the whole thing takes about 30 minutes ...

What he used the first two times I had the spinal injections was I think Xylocaine . It numbs the sympathetic never which is in your spine .. He does use a local anesthetic first before he does the blocks ...Also the sympathetic nerve blocks are done under a fluoroscope so he can see where to put the needles .....He has not used any steroid in the injections I have had. They do use steroid in some of them ...

He gives me four injections total , two in the L2 and two in the L3 I think ...I will say my back is sore for a few days afterwards , not really pain ,but very sore . Like someone kicked my in my back ....

What if feels like when it is done . It feels very warm and a little numb from my back to my toes ...My foot is always like ice so it feels really good to be warm ...

I am going this Tues to have my third round of spinal injections ... We are hoping this time they will help a little longer then the last times... I think it sounds worse then it is , but remember I am asleep while he is doing the injections , Thank God I sure would not want to be awake for a 6' needle going into my spine ......

My best to you and good luck ..Laurie R

Laurie R on 12/02/01 at 11:02 (065901)

Hi Wendy , Sorry for your pain too. How are you feeling today ? Is the pain any better ? Now I have a stupid question , what is a SI joint ?? Whatever it is I hope it is better ...

I can't remember but don't you also have RSD? Have you ever had treatment for it ? Have you ever had the spinal injections ? If so did they help with the pain ??

Thank you for the kind words Wendy .You have always been so wonderful and compassionate to me..I thank you from the bottom of my heart.....

Also thank you to everyone for your kind words to me . I know I can come here and vent and you all understand .....

Much love to all ,Laurie R

John h on 12/02/01 at 12:00 (065904)

Hang in there Laurie!

wendyn on 12/02/01 at 16:51 (065920)

It's not a dumb question - if mine didn't hurt so often I wouldn't know what or where it was either.

SI stands for Sacro Iliac Joint - it's a spot in your back and if you think of how a skeleton looks - it's somewhere on one of those 'wings' that spread out at the base of your spine.

To be truthful, I don't know a lot about it, but I have a lot trouble with the one my right side because that whole side is just put together wrong. If anyone wants to jump in and explain more - please feel free (Julie!?!)

Julie asked if it might be sciatica instead....maybe - but I don't think so. I've had that before, and this is a similar pain - but not really the same - much more localized. This hurts A LOT in my back, so much so that the skin hurts - and the muscles keep seizing up, even right around the front into my side and waist. Although my leg hurts - it's not the same nerve pain - maybe referral pain?

I was eventually diagnosed with RSD - but it was long AFTER the very acute phase of whatever I have. I used to have the excruiating pain, stiffness, frequent color changes...and now I just rarely have the odd color changes.

My surgeon told me that if it had not settled down on it's own - I would have likely been going through treatment similar to what you are having.

I am sorry you have to go through this. I do feel very bad - but I am very thankful that your doctors seem to be treating you decently and trying to take good care of you.

You always say that you feel like a baby - Laurie you are honestly one of the bravest people I know.

My pain is better than yesterday, but still there.

The bike is kind of my last exercise that I can enjoy (I really hate the water so swimming is something I only do when I HAVE to). Hopefully this will settle down again soon.

My email has changed (again) for anyone who wants to contact me....

it's now (email removed)

wendyn on 12/02/01 at 16:54 (065921)

My mom had the injections (with the steriods) AND she was awake.

She is weird - can't take valium or anything like that - she doesn't even have freezing at the dentist when she get's a root canal or filing. (GROSS!)

Anyway, now I have to go phone her to make sure she was really awake when she had them. I know that after a while the steriods started to do weird things - she had all kinds of little sores (normal cuts and scratches) but they wouldn't heal. Eventually she had surgery again and she has been quite a bit better since.

Suzanne D on 12/02/01 at 20:48 (065946)

Wendy, I hope that you are continuing to feel better and that you are in less pain. I am sorry that you have had this setback. I have appreciated reading your posts and just wanted to let you know I wish you well and am thinking of you!

Take care up there is all that cold and snow! :-)

wendyn on 12/02/01 at 22:25 (065955)

Today is better Suzanne, and I'm sure tomorrow will be better also. It's just very frustrating (I'm sure you can all relate).

I was walking around work like a little old lady last Thursday, I hate it when the simplest things just feel like such a big deal.

Our weather is still cold - but not as bad as Friday night. Just winter.

john h on 12/03/01 at 08:50 (065972)

One of the test a Physician will usually do when checking for nerve impingement in the leg is to have you walk across the room on the back of your heels (toes and forefoot up in the air). Can you do it and does it cause more pain?

Carole C on 12/03/01 at 11:42 (065979)

John, I don't know what Wendy's reaction is but it sent shivers of fear up and down my spine just to read about this test! And I 'only' have heelspurs. I can't imagine even trying to walk across the room on the back of my heels with my toes and forefeet up in the air. It would hurt too much! Maybe there is another test that can be done in that case.

Carole C

_________

wendyn on 12/03/01 at 21:31 (066038)

Actually - it sounded bad..but I just tried it, twice.

No problem!

Re: Amazing!

Carole C on 12/04/01 at 03:32 (066052)

Super! You are brave, Wendy. LOL

Carole

Re: To: Wendy N.

Necee on 12/04/01 at 12:10 (066099)

Hi Wendy,
I'm glad to read that your improving. Yes its rather sad to feel and walk like a 90 year old woman sometimes! I can really relate to that. When I get up from sitting I'm so stiff and sore, it takes me a few minutes to get everything limbered up! Makes me wonder what I'm going to be like when I really am 90!!! Boy thats a frightening thought. Anyway, I hope you continue to improve and that you have a wonderful Christmas. Oh and by the way, I haven't seen you on the IM lately, I miss our chats.
Happy Trails......
Necee