Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for Dr. Z

Posted by Meg on 11/30/01 at 11:43 (065729)

Dr. z, Can you tell me if you have heard of Dr. Bryan Neff of Coudersport and if hes good at doing the TTS surgery?

Re: Question for Dr. Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/30/01 at 11:49 (065732)

I have not heard of Dr. Neff. Does mean he isn't a good doctor. How to determine if your doctor is good. Ask alot of questions. Does he take the time to answer you. Call him at the office does he return your calls in a timely manner. Most important ask how many he has done. Ask to speak with his patients that have had the procedure both sucessful and not sucessful.
I hope that this helps you. TTS surgery is a surgery that can take up to one year for relief.

Re: Dr. Z and Dr. Ed...I need your thoughts

Carmen on 11/30/01 at 13:32 (065743)

I am getting a test done to confirm TTS next week. My new Podiatrist is Dr. Lewis at Marietta Podiatry. He works with Dr. Gatti and has also worked with a doctor at John Hopkins on TTS surgery. He said his sucess rate is about 90% andhe has never had a patient say they are 'worse' after the surgery. He took a lot of time to talk to me as well. He said the main problem with a lot of surgeries is that the only area operated on is the one crossing the ankle and they don't get the nerve that is trapped in the canal that runs alongand under the arch.
Does this make sense to you?
What do you think of TTS surgery in general if done by a competent physician and can it recur?
I am VERY adamant against ANY unnecessary surgeries and am trying other things first. But if this is TTS....I am afraid I am going to be thinking along those lines.....

DR Zuckerman on 12/01/01 at 22:35 (065877)

He is talking about the distal Tarsal Tunnel. IF you have tried everything and you are in alot of pain then the TTS will be the next step. Ask to speak to some of his sucessful and unsucessful pateints if you want to check him out. I don't know the podiatrist.

Re: Question for Dr. Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/30/01 at 11:49 (065732)

I have not heard of Dr. Neff. Does mean he isn't a good doctor. How to determine if your doctor is good. Ask alot of questions. Does he take the time to answer you. Call him at the office does he return your calls in a timely manner. Most important ask how many he has done. Ask to speak with his patients that have had the procedure both sucessful and not sucessful.
I hope that this helps you. TTS surgery is a surgery that can take up to one year for relief.

Carmen on 11/30/01 at 13:32 (065743)

I am getting a test done to confirm TTS next week. My new Podiatrist is Dr. Lewis at Marietta Podiatry. He works with Dr. Gatti and has also worked with a doctor at John Hopkins on TTS surgery. He said his sucess rate is about 90% andhe has never had a patient say they are 'worse' after the surgery. He took a lot of time to talk to me as well. He said the main problem with a lot of surgeries is that the only area operated on is the one crossing the ankle and they don't get the nerve that is trapped in the canal that runs alongand under the arch.
Does this make sense to you?
What do you think of TTS surgery in general if done by a competent physician and can it recur?
I am VERY adamant against ANY unnecessary surgeries and am trying other things first. But if this is TTS....I am afraid I am going to be thinking along those lines.....

DR Zuckerman on 12/01/01 at 22:35 (065877)

He is talking about the distal Tarsal Tunnel. IF you have tried everything and you are in alot of pain then the TTS will be the next step. Ask to speak to some of his sucessful and unsucessful pateints if you want to check him out. I don't know the podiatrist.