Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Two different tests for EMG or just one

Posted by Barb on 11/30/01 at 11:48 (065730)

I keep reading on here about this test being done in two separate parts. the shock part and then the needle part. My mother had the test done for carpal tunnel and I'm going to the same dr. she went to for the test only for tarsal tunnel, anyhow she said there weren't two different parts it all went together. She said they stick these wire type needles in and shock you while they are in. This was also done to my brother at another drs for carpal. Any way, my question is has anyone else had the test for TTS and had it all done at once?

Re: Two different tests for EMG or just one

Carmen on 11/30/01 at 13:38 (065745)

There is a NCV nerve conduction velocity test which uses shocks. The EMG is the needles they put in the muscle surrounding hte bothered nerve and they have you activate your muscle to test the response.
Don't know what else there could be.

Re: Two different tests for EMG or just one

Carmen on 11/30/01 at 13:38 (065745)

There is a NCV nerve conduction velocity test which uses shocks. The EMG is the needles they put in the muscle surrounding hte bothered nerve and they have you activate your muscle to test the response.
Don't know what else there could be.