Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Update on the diagnosis of ms and more....

Posted by Carmen on 11/30/01 at 14:48 (065752)

I guess I should post my update since some of you wonderful people are asking about my diagnosis of MS. It was negative. Just like everything else so far.
I went to a Chiropractor that practices applied Kinesiology and works hand in hand with the guy who did my NST on Weds. My feet were on Fire Tuesday night. They haven't starteed burning again YET. Not sure if this is just a change the symptoms but I'll takethe relief. The tingling remains....as does the discomfort at my ankles. BUT my back is better, my glutes are BETTER, no more internal burning feelings. I told the Chiro...'I was raised on Alternative remedies and natural healing...and Chiro care...so please just be up front with me and don't tryand tell me anything that's not true.'
Basically I have had my own share of 'Cracker' practors and this guy was genuinely concerned and spent an hour and a half with me answering questions and confirming the back problems I had begged someone to pay attention to all along. The area of my back is the same place where the nerves supply the feet and legs with sensations...etc.
So it makes good sense. Also saw a POD that has wroked with a Dr. at John Hopkins to develop a more effective surgery for TTS. Which I believe I have in my feet. Test next week will confirm.
SO that's the briefing of it....I fel better and once my neck got manipulated a bit I don't have burning in my hands and wrists anymore.
Carpal Tunnnel symptoms under Control for now. Though my typing skills will tell you otherwise...bad I know!!!

So thank you for all of your concern.....Linda, Tammie, Laurie, Suzanne, Necee, John...EVERYone. You all overwhelm me with support and I hope to do the same for you some day soon when my life calms down.
Thanks again and love and peace to all.

Carmen

Re: carmen--- i am glad someone is listening to you .

linda A on 11/30/01 at 15:15 (065756)

i was gonna stop at my chiro doc today when i felt this pinch in my rt hip but my stomach said elsewise . i had been taking antibiotics for a chest cold and didn't feel up to the drive after work . in the nurse's lounge today one of my friends thought i was too young to be falling apart at the age of 36 yr old . she saw me bent over in a great deal of pain and ask me what was the matter . of course what could a manic person do but laugh at the whole situation ; ha ha ha ha HA H A HA HA HA HA !!!!!!! hystericaly . then i finally told her it was not only my 1) feet/tingling 2) rt hip 3) lower back 4) neck c-3-4 , c5-6 w/hands/tingling 5) rt shoulder and finally the crazy 6 ) bi-polar disorder . her response was how did i get off the train wreck and was there any other survivors ? i am praying for you carmen along w/ other people here at this support site . your friend always linda a (KY wildcat country SEC conference )

Re: Thanks Linda

Carmen H on 11/30/01 at 15:58 (065761)

You are great with such a good outlook on life!
Keep it up...raised spirits are contagious!

Re: Update on the diagnosis of ms and more....

Tammie on 11/30/01 at 22:33 (065787)

Carmen, I see some of prayers are being answered! I truly hoped you would not have ms! I prayed very hard for u and I am very relieved this is not the case for u! You are a very entergetic young women who has alot of future ahead! I am so very proud of u for all that u have done on the research and looking for answers ! You are certainly a wonder! I do hope they will get u your answers soon and then treatment! I wish you all the luck and do hope you find some relief from pain soon!You made me feel so good knowing you dont have MS!I will say a prayer of thanks for that! Take care and hope that u enjoy your weekend! I would love to give u a nice warm hug about now so sorry it has to be a cyber one (((((HUG))))) Keep your chin up and feel the sun in your heart always!

Anthony P on 12/01/01 at 07:53 (065797)

Hi Carmen, Glad to hear the good news, and that your feeling better.
good luck , My prayers to you

Anthony P

Re: Anthony

Carmen H on 12/01/01 at 08:36 (065800)

Thanks Anthony...:-)
How are you hanging in there?

Carmen H on 12/01/01 at 08:37 (065801)

Thanks to you and many others you are right...prayers are being answered.
Hugs right back to you Tammie. :-)
love
Carmen

Carole C on 12/01/01 at 08:47 (065802)

Carmen, I am so happy for you that the MS test came out negative! MS is an AWFUL diagnosis. I know, because I had that diagnosis both on a clinical basis (from several doctors in 1976 and thereafter, after years of problems including some blindness due to severe optic neuritis in my left eye, a sort of spastic paralysis of my left arm, and tingly sensory problems that lasted many months as though limbs had 'fallen asleep' in the long term) and based on MRI and other test results in 1992 once MRI was invented. Luckily (without medication but being careful not to do things that trigger me) I have not had any new MS problems for twelve years, other than minor residual stuff from my earlier episodes. So, I do not think of myself as having MS although I remain careful and vigilant. I do not tell anybody except my doctors and my relatives about it, not even online (well this is the first time ever) because I am not having symptoms and I am concerned about possible discrimination at work if they find out, and/or problems with my insurance (since I never told them either).

Now, I hope they figure out what is causing your symptoms. It is so hard for you, not knowing. I know if I were you, I'd have mixed feelings because even if it was MS, at least you would know what you are faced with. I am hoping with all my heart that when they figure this out, it will turn out to be something easily treatable, so that you can be done with this for once and for all! Good luck to you and keep us posted. (hugs)

Carole

Anthony P on 12/01/01 at 09:02 (065804)

I'm feeling alot better , the first 3 weeks were the worst
you can read my update on the surgery board
I can start walking with crutches yeah !!

Beverly on 12/01/01 at 12:20 (065821)

Carmen,

I'm so glad your MS test was negative. My mom had MS and it's not something anyone wants to have.

Best wishes,
Beverly

Carole C on 12/01/01 at 12:30 (065822)

You're right, Beverly, it's not... but sometimes it is pretty rough to have symptoms and no diagnosis at all. Even a bad diagnosis, and having the specter of MS hanging over your head ready to strike when you least expect it, can seem better than the stress of not knowing.

Carole

=======

Carmen H on 12/01/01 at 17:44 (065844)

Amen to that! I am hoping it's just the disks in my back causing pressure on the nerves and it may be TTS. People on the TTS board aren't very responsive...except Wendy. She was nice enough to respond.....where are all the TTS sufferers??? Hellllloooooo?? Need some expert advice over theeerrreee.......(singsong voice my husband hates...:-))

Re: carmen--- i am glad someone is listening to you .

linda A on 11/30/01 at 15:15 (065756)

i was gonna stop at my chiro doc today when i felt this pinch in my rt hip but my stomach said elsewise . i had been taking antibiotics for a chest cold and didn't feel up to the drive after work . in the nurse's lounge today one of my friends thought i was too young to be falling apart at the age of 36 yr old . she saw me bent over in a great deal of pain and ask me what was the matter . of course what could a manic person do but laugh at the whole situation ; ha ha ha ha HA H A HA HA HA HA !!!!!!! hystericaly . then i finally told her it was not only my 1) feet/tingling 2) rt hip 3) lower back 4) neck c-3-4 , c5-6 w/hands/tingling 5) rt shoulder and finally the crazy 6 ) bi-polar disorder . her response was how did i get off the train wreck and was there any other survivors ? i am praying for you carmen along w/ other people here at this support site . your friend always linda a (KY wildcat country SEC conference )

Re: Thanks Linda

Carmen H on 11/30/01 at 15:58 (065761)

You are great with such a good outlook on life!
Keep it up...raised spirits are contagious!

Tammie on 11/30/01 at 22:33 (065787)

Carmen, I see some of prayers are being answered! I truly hoped you would not have ms! I prayed very hard for u and I am very relieved this is not the case for u! You are a very entergetic young women who has alot of future ahead! I am so very proud of u for all that u have done on the research and looking for answers ! You are certainly a wonder! I do hope they will get u your answers soon and then treatment! I wish you all the luck and do hope you find some relief from pain soon!You made me feel so good knowing you dont have MS!I will say a prayer of thanks for that! Take care and hope that u enjoy your weekend! I would love to give u a nice warm hug about now so sorry it has to be a cyber one (((((HUG))))) Keep your chin up and feel the sun in your heart always!

Anthony P on 12/01/01 at 07:53 (065797)

Hi Carmen, Glad to hear the good news, and that your feeling better.
good luck , My prayers to you

Anthony P

Carmen H on 12/01/01 at 08:36 (065800)

Thanks Anthony...:-)
How are you hanging in there?

Carmen H on 12/01/01 at 08:37 (065801)

Thanks to you and many others you are right...prayers are being answered.
Hugs right back to you Tammie. :-)
love
Carmen

Carole C on 12/01/01 at 08:47 (065802)

Carmen, I am so happy for you that the MS test came out negative! MS is an AWFUL diagnosis. I know, because I had that diagnosis both on a clinical basis (from several doctors in 1976 and thereafter, after years of problems including some blindness due to severe optic neuritis in my left eye, a sort of spastic paralysis of my left arm, and tingly sensory problems that lasted many months as though limbs had 'fallen asleep' in the long term) and based on MRI and other test results in 1992 once MRI was invented. Luckily (without medication but being careful not to do things that trigger me) I have not had any new MS problems for twelve years, other than minor residual stuff from my earlier episodes. So, I do not think of myself as having MS although I remain careful and vigilant. I do not tell anybody except my doctors and my relatives about it, not even online (well this is the first time ever) because I am not having symptoms and I am concerned about possible discrimination at work if they find out, and/or problems with my insurance (since I never told them either).

Now, I hope they figure out what is causing your symptoms. It is so hard for you, not knowing. I know if I were you, I'd have mixed feelings because even if it was MS, at least you would know what you are faced with. I am hoping with all my heart that when they figure this out, it will turn out to be something easily treatable, so that you can be done with this for once and for all! Good luck to you and keep us posted. (hugs)

Carole

Anthony P on 12/01/01 at 09:02 (065804)

I'm feeling alot better , the first 3 weeks were the worst
you can read my update on the surgery board
I can start walking with crutches yeah !!

Beverly on 12/01/01 at 12:20 (065821)

Carmen,

I'm so glad your MS test was negative. My mom had MS and it's not something anyone wants to have.

Best wishes,
Beverly

Carole C on 12/01/01 at 12:30 (065822)

You're right, Beverly, it's not... but sometimes it is pretty rough to have symptoms and no diagnosis at all. Even a bad diagnosis, and having the specter of MS hanging over your head ready to strike when you least expect it, can seem better than the stress of not knowing.

Carole

=======

Carmen H on 12/01/01 at 17:44 (065844)

Amen to that! I am hoping it's just the disks in my back causing pressure on the nerves and it may be TTS. People on the TTS board aren't very responsive...except Wendy. She was nice enough to respond.....where are all the TTS sufferers??? Hellllloooooo?? Need some expert advice over theeerrreee.......(singsong voice my husband hates...:-))