Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A few questions about TTS surgery

Posted by Kyle Litz on 11/30/01 at 20:16 (065780)

I have to have surgery for TTS and I would like to know a few things about it. Approx. how long does the whole procedure take? Are you asleep for it or do you get a local? What happens right after the surgery? How often do you return to see the dr.?

Re: A few questions about TTS surgery

denise j on 12/01/01 at 18:48 (065853)

hi i am scheduled for tts release also dec. 12 i have been told that i would be put to sleep for the surgery and it would take approx. 45 minutes to do it i am having it done as an outpatient. let me know what you know about it and when are you having it done. thanks denise
(email removed)

wendyn on 12/02/01 at 22:18 (065953)

Kyle, this really depends on the doctor and the procedure itself.

Can you tell us a little more about your situation, the tests you've had done etc?

Ultimately though - although people here can share their expereinces, some of these are questions your doctor should have already given you answers to.

Some doctors will use a general anesthetic - some a local...probably depends a lot on whether this is taking place in a clinic or in a hospital.

Recoveries vary - do the doctors know what is causing your symptoms?

Shelley J. on 12/04/01 at 06:46 (066058)

Kyle: I had my surgery done on October 3rd in a Hospital. I was under a local, the CRNA I had was great, He made sure I was 'asleep' not under general tho for the whole surgery. I didnt feel a thing! It was about a 45 min - 1 hour procedure.

I went for followups at 3 days, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, and one month. I also went two days before returning to work. And I'm going again today (2 months post op)

You asked what happens right after the surgery? My suggestion to you is the same as the one I gave AnthonyP. Stay off your feet. I was completely off my feet for two weeks. Crutches for two more and then I still use my cane once in a while...when it pains me to walk so much. Also take your pain medication!!! I slept most of the next two days after surgery :)
I think I went back to work too soon!
Good Luck!

denise j on 12/01/01 at 18:48 (065853)

hi i am scheduled for tts release also dec. 12 i have been told that i would be put to sleep for the surgery and it would take approx. 45 minutes to do it i am having it done as an outpatient. let me know what you know about it and when are you having it done. thanks denise
(email removed)

wendyn on 12/02/01 at 22:18 (065953)

Kyle, this really depends on the doctor and the procedure itself.

Can you tell us a little more about your situation, the tests you've had done etc?

Ultimately though - although people here can share their expereinces, some of these are questions your doctor should have already given you answers to.

Some doctors will use a general anesthetic - some a local...probably depends a lot on whether this is taking place in a clinic or in a hospital.

Recoveries vary - do the doctors know what is causing your symptoms?

Shelley J. on 12/04/01 at 06:46 (066058)

Kyle: I had my surgery done on October 3rd in a Hospital. I was under a local, the CRNA I had was great, He made sure I was 'asleep' not under general tho for the whole surgery. I didnt feel a thing! It was about a 45 min - 1 hour procedure.

I went for followups at 3 days, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, and one month. I also went two days before returning to work. And I'm going again today (2 months post op)

You asked what happens right after the surgery? My suggestion to you is the same as the one I gave AnthonyP. Stay off your feet. I was completely off my feet for two weeks. Crutches for two more and then I still use my cane once in a while...when it pains me to walk so much. Also take your pain medication!!! I slept most of the next two days after surgery :)
I think I went back to work too soon!
Good Luck!