Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Z, I have a ?

Posted by Beth Keller on 11/30/01 at 20:19 (065781)

Will taking a prescription pain killer before having the EMg test done interfere with the test results? Theres no way around it, I can't get over this nervousness about the test so I feel I need the pain killer and would just like to get your opinion on it. Thanks

Re: Dr. Z, I have a ?

DR Zuckerman on 12/01/01 at 07:24 (065796)

I will take something like valium. 10 mgs should be the trick about one hour before the testing. No has ever asked this question to me. My answer is no effect but call the place where you are gettting the test and explain to them your apprehensive and see what advice they give. I would still go with the valium 10 mgs

Re: Dr. Z, I have a ?

DR Zuckerman on 12/01/01 at 07:24 (065796)

I will take something like valium. 10 mgs should be the trick about one hour before the testing. No has ever asked this question to me. My answer is no effect but call the place where you are gettting the test and explain to them your apprehensive and see what advice they give. I would still go with the valium 10 mgs