Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

24 days post op

Posted by Anthony P on 12/01/01 at 08:56 (065803)

HI Everyone,
Here is my update, on Wedsday I got my cast removed and the stitches out I now have three two inch scars , at my inside heel, achilles,on top
of my ankle. My doc said everything is healing well and to start walking
with the crutches and a removable walking boot . My doc said before surgery that I would be 6 weeks non weight bearing .
Anyone hear thing this is too soon ??Pain level is 5 I can only put
preasure on my toes because my achilles feels very tight.
I go back to my doc in two weeks to see if I will need P. T.
Wow This is going faster than I though !
My Best ANTHONY P

Re: 24 days post op

Shelley J. on 12/02/01 at 19:59 (065938)

Anthony...Please take your time in healing! I had surgery on October 3rd and I'm back to work and it's KILLING ME! I stand all day in the Operating room as a scrub tech and if i could do it all over again I'd still be off work. I had the problems with the tight muscles in the back of my leg too!
Once you start walking again it should work itself out..mine did but I'm having awful pains in my heel, ankle and bottom of my foot. Just take Your time :) Hope you do great! :)

wendyn on 12/02/01 at 22:16 (065952)

Congratulations Anthony!!!

If my memory serves me correct - I think you had a large mass in your TT area that was removed.

Patients who have an identifable, correctable problem like that seem (from what I hear) to respond very well to surgery.

It sounds like you are well on your way.

Re: Shelley

Anthony P on 12/03/01 at 19:15 (066018)

Hi Shelley , Thanks for the kind words, I know what its like to work in pain I did it for a year and It only made my foot problems worse.I also
worked 8 to 12 hour shifts on my feet all day. I may be looking in to getting a desk job something I never though I would do.
I would see about getting more time off TWO Monthes I think is to
soon to return to work if your on your feet all day.
Give your self more time to heal.

Good luck Hope your feeling better soon:) Anthony P

Re: Wendyn

Anthony P on 12/03/01 at 19:48 (066020)

HI Wendy THANK YOU
I had alot of surgery done, PF release,achilles decompressed.spurs removed from ankle but no TT. Its a big improvment from what it was before surgery.The First 3 weeks after surgery were the worst.
I hear you got alot of snow up there .I'm from New Jersey and its 60 plus
degrees, only got below freezing two times .
HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER:) Anthony P

wendyn on 12/03/01 at 20:16 (066024)

Thank you Anthony. It is cold here. My feet feel very well!

Shelley J. on 12/02/01 at 19:59 (065938)

Anthony...Please take your time in healing! I had surgery on October 3rd and I'm back to work and it's KILLING ME! I stand all day in the Operating room as a scrub tech and if i could do it all over again I'd still be off work. I had the problems with the tight muscles in the back of my leg too!
Once you start walking again it should work itself out..mine did but I'm having awful pains in my heel, ankle and bottom of my foot. Just take Your time :) Hope you do great! :)

wendyn on 12/02/01 at 22:16 (065952)

Congratulations Anthony!!!

If my memory serves me correct - I think you had a large mass in your TT area that was removed.

Patients who have an identifable, correctable problem like that seem (from what I hear) to respond very well to surgery.

It sounds like you are well on your way.

Re: Shelley

Anthony P on 12/03/01 at 19:15 (066018)

Hi Shelley , Thanks for the kind words, I know what its like to work in pain I did it for a year and It only made my foot problems worse.I also
worked 8 to 12 hour shifts on my feet all day. I may be looking in to getting a desk job something I never though I would do.
I would see about getting more time off TWO Monthes I think is to
soon to return to work if your on your feet all day.
Give your self more time to heal.

Good luck Hope your feeling better soon:) Anthony P

Anthony P on 12/03/01 at 19:48 (066020)

HI Wendy THANK YOU
I had alot of surgery done, PF release,achilles decompressed.spurs removed from ankle but no TT. Its a big improvment from what it was before surgery.The First 3 weeks after surgery were the worst.
I hear you got alot of snow up there .I'm from New Jersey and its 60 plus
degrees, only got below freezing two times .
HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER:) Anthony P

wendyn on 12/03/01 at 20:16 (066024)

Thank you Anthony. It is cold here. My feet feel very well!