Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

i like the x-mas donation idea for orthotics

Posted by linda a on 12/02/01 at 06:40 (065888)

even though i had three orthotics made ; 1 ) before the PF surgery --- hard orthotic 2) after the surgery --- hard 3) a soft orthotic that my pod doc paid for out of his generous wallet along w/ some other stuff like tapping my foot almosr every week . some times the insurance was not billed . there are great podiatrist out there . i am thankful for dr. tipton in louisville , ky . he is my heroe . he also sounds like dr Zuckerman and a few other good docs out on the western coast ( laurie R ) . i am hoping to send a few cash thru the mail to dr Z . thank you for thinking of it . linda A

Re: i like the x-mas donation idea for orthotics

Laurie R on 12/02/01 at 10:13 (065898)

Hello Linda , I so agree with you , their are many wonderful Pod out there .. How many doctor's do you know that give up their free time to help people on the internet ?? Not to many ......

I do have a wonderful Pod .. He has 'Always' sent me to another doctor when he could not help me . Plus all the tests he has had me do.... Not that I wanted to do them , but he would always explain to me how important it is that I have them done. I could tell you about three of them he had me have and I did not want any part of them.. One was the MRI and the others were the 'Tenogram ' and the EMG test.I HATE TAKING ANY TYPE OF TESTS???

As some of you can remember, when I first went to my PM doctor , I did not care for him. When I left I said I will never be back . Then I went to see my Pod and I told him I did not care for the PM doctor . I told him how he was on his cell phone and how I thought that was rude in hte middle of my first visit to him... My Pod did not think that was right either ..

Then he explained to me how important it was for me to get the right treatment for the RSD. So he did say I could go to another PM , but it was to far from where I live ...My Pod said I could give the PM doctor another chance or go to the other one . So I decided to go one more time and it was such a better appointment ....

Now I really like my PM doctor . From what I have seen so far , PM doctor's are very different from any other doctor I have been to .. I have had a lot of doctors in my time ... Even though my PM doctor is really busy dealing with all kinds of pain , he always listens to me and hears what I say ...

All I can say is I am so happy I went back and gave him another chance . The last thing I wanted was to have spinal injections . But I will say they are not that bad ,and if it helps with the terrible pain I am in it is worth it... I would rather go to the sugery center and do this then have a MRI. I HATED THE MRI , and it was even open MRI ,no tube . I just could not hang laying their for the MRI for 2 hours without being able to move my foot. My pain level is to high for that .

So yes their are some wonderful doctors that really do care. It is not always a money thing , and yes sometimes it is . If anyone does not feel comfortable with their doctor , they should find one they are comfortable with . Their are planty of doctors in the world that truly care about people ......

My best to all.....Laurie R

Re: i like the x-mas donation idea for orthotics

Laurie R on 12/02/01 at 10:13 (065898)

Hello Linda , I so agree with you , their are many wonderful Pod out there .. How many doctor's do you know that give up their free time to help people on the internet ?? Not to many ......

I do have a wonderful Pod .. He has 'Always' sent me to another doctor when he could not help me . Plus all the tests he has had me do.... Not that I wanted to do them , but he would always explain to me how important it is that I have them done. I could tell you about three of them he had me have and I did not want any part of them.. One was the MRI and the others were the 'Tenogram ' and the EMG test.I HATE TAKING ANY TYPE OF TESTS???

As some of you can remember, when I first went to my PM doctor , I did not care for him. When I left I said I will never be back . Then I went to see my Pod and I told him I did not care for the PM doctor . I told him how he was on his cell phone and how I thought that was rude in hte middle of my first visit to him... My Pod did not think that was right either ..

Then he explained to me how important it was for me to get the right treatment for the RSD. So he did say I could go to another PM , but it was to far from where I live ...My Pod said I could give the PM doctor another chance or go to the other one . So I decided to go one more time and it was such a better appointment ....

Now I really like my PM doctor . From what I have seen so far , PM doctor's are very different from any other doctor I have been to .. I have had a lot of doctors in my time ... Even though my PM doctor is really busy dealing with all kinds of pain , he always listens to me and hears what I say ...

All I can say is I am so happy I went back and gave him another chance . The last thing I wanted was to have spinal injections . But I will say they are not that bad ,and if it helps with the terrible pain I am in it is worth it... I would rather go to the sugery center and do this then have a MRI. I HATED THE MRI , and it was even open MRI ,no tube . I just could not hang laying their for the MRI for 2 hours without being able to move my foot. My pain level is to high for that .

So yes their are some wonderful doctors that really do care. It is not always a money thing , and yes sometimes it is . If anyone does not feel comfortable with their doctor , they should find one they are comfortable with . Their are planty of doctors in the world that truly care about people ......

My best to all.....Laurie R