Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Elliot

Posted by Carmen H on 12/02/01 at 08:25 (065896)

Okay...that's it. You seem to be the TTS PROFESSIONAL. Help me out Elliott!!!!! :-) Remember some time ago....months ago. When I explained my pain and thought it was TTS? All the docs I have seen said it was Plantar Fasciitis? Well guess what. I am being tested for TTS this week and they are almost positive that's it. The burning is gone in both feet but the ankles are still tingling and 'nervy' so I can handle this. This is NOTHING compared to the burning pain I experienced for months. So my question is this...can TTS 'damage' the meylin sheath or is it just more serious things? I am staying away from surgery if I can help it (which I will try as hard as I can) and John H has really helped me out with some information on TTS and surgery etc. I can deal with the discomfort but don't want any long term PERMANENT damage to occur to the nerves.
Any help would be appreciated.....thanks very much Elliott oh Dr. wise one...;-)

Re: Dr.? Dr. Detroit!

elliott on 12/02/01 at 23:57 (065957)

I'm not a doctor. This is the Ask the Foot Doctors forum, and I'd rather respectfully leave questions here to the docs. Tammie's appeal for help sounded almost like an emergency, I had something to offer (one thing I do have over the docs is that I've felt TTS firsthand, with numerous and differing symptoms in each foot), so I butted in this once. I answered you (as a layman :-)) on the TTS forum.

------

Re: I know you're not a Doctor Elliott!!! ;-)

Carmen H on 12/03/01 at 07:08 (065967)

I was just giving you some ribbing with the Dr. Post.....you really seem to be in touch with your 'stuff' so I thought I'd stick that in there.....
Now! Off to the TTS board!

Re: Dr.? Dr. Detroit!

elliott on 12/02/01 at 23:57 (065957)

I'm not a doctor. This is the Ask the Foot Doctors forum, and I'd rather respectfully leave questions here to the docs. Tammie's appeal for help sounded almost like an emergency, I had something to offer (one thing I do have over the docs is that I've felt TTS firsthand, with numerous and differing symptoms in each foot), so I butted in this once. I answered you (as a layman :-)) on the TTS forum.

------

Re: I know you're not a Doctor Elliott!!! ;-)

Carmen H on 12/03/01 at 07:08 (065967)

I was just giving you some ribbing with the Dr. Post.....you really seem to be in touch with your 'stuff' so I thought I'd stick that in there.....
Now! Off to the TTS board!