Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tryptanol

Posted by Carol R on 12/02/01 at 13:26 (065909)

I have tried Neurontin and if anything it fizzed my foot up even more. Am now on Triptanol 25mg and the relief is wonderful to say the least. I have tingly feeling and the foot feels detached from me so I have to be careful when negotiating stairs etc. but that pain, pain, pain is so much better. Also had an injection of vitamin B12 (Neurobian) and the burning has gone! Wow after 2 ops and 6 years of hell can this really sustain the lack of pain or will my system get used to it and the .....nerve pain return. Any comments would be great.Have been Xmas shopping and bought up everything because I haven't been able to do that for so long without suffering for three days!!

Re: Tryptanol

wendyn on 12/02/01 at 14:43 (065912)

I don't know what B12 does, but it seems to help a lot of people (myself included).

Is tryptonal the same as Elavil?

carol R on 12/03/01 at 02:08 (065960)

I don't know if it is the same. I live in South Africa so it may be the same but we use a different name. I will try and find out. Thanks Wendyn for your reply.

Dennis B. on 12/03/01 at 14:12 (065990)

I believe the, or at least one of the, generic names for elavil is amitrypelene. At least that was what I had substituted for elavil. Perhaps tryptanol is another generic?

wendyn on 12/02/01 at 14:43 (065912)

I don't know what B12 does, but it seems to help a lot of people (myself included).

Is tryptonal the same as Elavil?

carol R on 12/03/01 at 02:08 (065960)

I don't know if it is the same. I live in South Africa so it may be the same but we use a different name. I will try and find out. Thanks Wendyn for your reply.

Dennis B. on 12/03/01 at 14:12 (065990)

I believe the, or at least one of the, generic names for elavil is amitrypelene. At least that was what I had substituted for elavil. Perhaps tryptanol is another generic?