Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Nancy S. what kind of homeopathis medicine

Posted by Sherrie M. on 12/02/01 at 16:08 (065917)

Nancy I am really interested in this medicine can you tell me more? Thanks Sherrie

Re: Nancy S. what kind of homeopathis medicine

nancy s. on 12/02/01 at 17:13 (065927)

sherrie, the homeopathic meds prescribed are different for each person. the homeopathic doctor evaluates each person individually, as a whole entity, and prescribes accordingly. most of what i take addresses joint and tendon pain. i lucked out finding a good doc in mexico, on recommendation from someone. it's hard to find someone you know is good without a recommendation, but i would look for evidence of solid education in both traditional western medicine and in homeopathy -- and someone whose questions are on the mark.
there is much skepticism in this country about any medical practice not traditional western, but i've been surprised lately at the number of doctors i've met whose education and practice are solidly in our tradition but who are becoming remarkably open to alternatives such as homeopathy. my belief is, why not try the best of both (or all!) worlds and take the best from them, whatever helps? i'd like to see a lot more cooperation among traditional and alternative medical practices.
you do sound on a good track, even though i know the pain can be bad for some time. keep at it, and i feel sure you'll improve greatly.
nancy

Sherrie M. on 12/03/01 at 06:43 (065965)

NANCY, I believe in alternative medicines, the only thing that helps my fibromyalgia is acupuncture, so I say try anthing that might help the pain! I did want to know when the tendonitis started did you have pt on the ankle with the air cast, is this something that comes off like the boot cast? and did you keep it on all the time? And did the therapist do deep tissue massage right away? I'm kind of confused, I thought rest , ice, and constricted movement is supposed to be good for this stuff. Pushing on it sounds like misery! Sherrie

nancy s. on 12/03/01 at 14:16 (065991)

sherrie, i should have been clearer about what treatment happened when (clarity is not my long suit this year!).
yes, the air cast comes off like a boot cast; it has a rocker bottom, so i was able to walk with it -- sort of. i wasn't doing a lot of walking at the time, and i wasn't supposed to be.
at pt, i took the air cast off for the session; otherwise, i kept it on all the time, except at night, when i replaced it with my night splint.
the therapist worked up to deep tissue massage v e r y slowly, very. it was months before she got to the really deep stage. and i won't lie to you, it was excruciatingly painful -- but it helped me, so i came up with a 'cry and bear it' attitude to get through it! (grinning was not possible.) my therapist was very nice and distracted me with talk during it, so it was bearable.
always after the massage part, the therapist put these huge deep-freeze wraps around my feet, and that was wonderful. ten minutes of that, and i no longer felt after-pain from the massage.
yes, definitely, rest is crucial in the early stages of this. in fact, she didn't have me doing ANY stretching and strengthening for a good month or two. then we worked me up v e r y gradually. slowly and gently, and always icing afterward, i think are key.
do you have achilles tendonitis too, or did you miss that one? i hope so!
nancy

Sherrie M. on 12/03/01 at 19:57 (066021)

Hi Nancy, As of this moment I do not have achilles tendonitis, but that doesn't mean I won't, everything is so stiff!I've seen this therapist 3 times now and he hasn't touched me, he is really busy. Dr.Z prescribed ultrasound, electric stim and pool therapy and so far I've been in the pool 2 times and both times I came out swollen, the tp asked if I wanted him to put ice on it or if I preferred to do it at home? I was really hoping he would use ultrasound and electric stim, that helped alot after my eswt treatments, I may be leaving this guy! Sherrie

nancy s. on 12/02/01 at 17:13 (065927)

sherrie, the homeopathic meds prescribed are different for each person. the homeopathic doctor evaluates each person individually, as a whole entity, and prescribes accordingly. most of what i take addresses joint and tendon pain. i lucked out finding a good doc in mexico, on recommendation from someone. it's hard to find someone you know is good without a recommendation, but i would look for evidence of solid education in both traditional western medicine and in homeopathy -- and someone whose questions are on the mark.
there is much skepticism in this country about any medical practice not traditional western, but i've been surprised lately at the number of doctors i've met whose education and practice are solidly in our tradition but who are becoming remarkably open to alternatives such as homeopathy. my belief is, why not try the best of both (or all!) worlds and take the best from them, whatever helps? i'd like to see a lot more cooperation among traditional and alternative medical practices.
you do sound on a good track, even though i know the pain can be bad for some time. keep at it, and i feel sure you'll improve greatly.
nancy

Sherrie M. on 12/03/01 at 06:43 (065965)

NANCY, I believe in alternative medicines, the only thing that helps my fibromyalgia is acupuncture, so I say try anthing that might help the pain! I did want to know when the tendonitis started did you have pt on the ankle with the air cast, is this something that comes off like the boot cast? and did you keep it on all the time? And did the therapist do deep tissue massage right away? I'm kind of confused, I thought rest , ice, and constricted movement is supposed to be good for this stuff. Pushing on it sounds like misery! Sherrie

nancy s. on 12/03/01 at 14:16 (065991)

sherrie, i should have been clearer about what treatment happened when (clarity is not my long suit this year!).
yes, the air cast comes off like a boot cast; it has a rocker bottom, so i was able to walk with it -- sort of. i wasn't doing a lot of walking at the time, and i wasn't supposed to be.
at pt, i took the air cast off for the session; otherwise, i kept it on all the time, except at night, when i replaced it with my night splint.
the therapist worked up to deep tissue massage v e r y slowly, very. it was months before she got to the really deep stage. and i won't lie to you, it was excruciatingly painful -- but it helped me, so i came up with a 'cry and bear it' attitude to get through it! (grinning was not possible.) my therapist was very nice and distracted me with talk during it, so it was bearable.
always after the massage part, the therapist put these huge deep-freeze wraps around my feet, and that was wonderful. ten minutes of that, and i no longer felt after-pain from the massage.
yes, definitely, rest is crucial in the early stages of this. in fact, she didn't have me doing ANY stretching and strengthening for a good month or two. then we worked me up v e r y gradually. slowly and gently, and always icing afterward, i think are key.
do you have achilles tendonitis too, or did you miss that one? i hope so!
nancy

Sherrie M. on 12/03/01 at 19:57 (066021)

Hi Nancy, As of this moment I do not have achilles tendonitis, but that doesn't mean I won't, everything is so stiff!I've seen this therapist 3 times now and he hasn't touched me, he is really busy. Dr.Z prescribed ultrasound, electric stim and pool therapy and so far I've been in the pool 2 times and both times I came out swollen, the tp asked if I wanted him to put ice on it or if I preferred to do it at home? I was really hoping he would use ultrasound and electric stim, that helped alot after my eswt treatments, I may be leaving this guy! Sherrie