Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Does Papillio Arizona =Arizona?

Posted by rebecca h on 12/03/01 at 11:47 (065980)

Just wondering if they fit the same?

Re: I don't know! Anybody else know?

Carole C on 12/05/01 at 20:27 (066267)

Rebecca, I don't know and I guess nobody who knows has read this yet. Maybe your Birkenstock store would know. (?) I haven't really looked at the Papillio's and I don't know what makes them Papillios rather than classic Birkenstocks.

Carole

Re: Does Papillio Arizona =Arizona?

Julie on 12/06/01 at 05:46 (066307)

If you go to the Birkenstock website you'll probably be able to find out: each group of styles has a description of the footbed and the materials the shoes within that style are constructed of. If you can't tell from the website, email and ask them.

Re: are you sure Papillio Arizona exists?

elliott on 12/07/01 at 13:26 (066453)

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a Papillio Arizona. Arizona is in the Classic line and looks like an ugly platypus (but I still wear 'em); Papillio is mainly a line with more stylish sandals bearing different names but with many features the same as in the Classic line. Check out this link:

http://www.birkenstockexpress.com/Fittingroom/footbeds.cfm?id=071220011110-204516

-------

Re: I know! I know! (grin)

Carole C on 12/07/01 at 14:55 (066459)

If you click on the word Birkenstock in this post, you will go to the cheap German website. Click on Papillios, then Basic, then Arizona. It will list all the Papillios Arizonas and tell you about them.

It looks to me like a lot of them are made with 'Birko-Flor' and linen, and things like that. I didn't see any with the Eva soles and suede or leather tops. So, maybe these are the waterproof Arizonas??? Well, I'm not sure about that, but they do seem to be made of different materials than the regular Arizonas.

Carole

Carole C on 12/07/01 at 15:15 (066460)

Gee, looking at your site, it says that the Papillio heel cup is 'Reinforced and flared to create stability. Works great for extreme pronation or supination.'

It says the classic heelcup is 'Deep, roomy heel cup distributes impact over larger heel area; allows heel to remain in its normal, or neutral, position (neither lifted nor lowered)'. It also lists Arizonas as being available in Classic or Papillios, although I had to really dig before I found that out. Fascinating site, elliott!!! Well, at least to those of us here at heelspurs.com . LOL

Re: How do you like that?! You're right!

elliott on 12/08/01 at 18:16 (066546)

Learn something new. Arizona does seem to come in both. Found a way not to dig so deep there to bring it up. After clicking on the link, just go to the drop-down menu at top left and click on Arizona. On the bottom the Arizona page it says it's available in both Classic and Papillio footbeds. There's enough explanation on this site to figure which of the two is more desireable. What if we all have been buying the wrong Arizonas? :-) What if they work anyway? :-)

------

Re: Hee hee! Thanks

Carole C on 12/09/01 at 20:29 (066604)

Oh! Thanks, elliott! That shortcut to the info should be helpful. It's quite a BIG site, and has a lot of interesting material (plus, it seems to be faster to navigate than the German site).

LOL, well if you have been buying the wrong Arizonas, just imagine the improvement we might be in for! I think everyone here will take all they can get. :)

Carole C

Re: I don't know! Anybody else know?

Carole C on 12/05/01 at 20:27 (066267)

Rebecca, I don't know and I guess nobody who knows has read this yet. Maybe your Birkenstock store would know. (?) I haven't really looked at the Papillio's and I don't know what makes them Papillios rather than classic Birkenstocks.

Carole

Re: Does Papillio Arizona =Arizona?

Julie on 12/06/01 at 05:46 (066307)

If you go to the Birkenstock website you'll probably be able to find out: each group of styles has a description of the footbed and the materials the shoes within that style are constructed of. If you can't tell from the website, email and ask them.

elliott on 12/07/01 at 13:26 (066453)

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a Papillio Arizona. Arizona is in the Classic line and looks like an ugly platypus (but I still wear 'em); Papillio is mainly a line with more stylish sandals bearing different names but with many features the same as in the Classic line. Check out this link:

http://www.birkenstockexpress.com/Fittingroom/footbeds.cfm?id=071220011110-204516

-------

Re: I know! I know! (grin)

Carole C on 12/07/01 at 14:55 (066459)

If you click on the word Birkenstock in this post, you will go to the cheap German website. Click on Papillios, then Basic, then Arizona. It will list all the Papillios Arizonas and tell you about them.

It looks to me like a lot of them are made with 'Birko-Flor' and linen, and things like that. I didn't see any with the Eva soles and suede or leather tops. So, maybe these are the waterproof Arizonas??? Well, I'm not sure about that, but they do seem to be made of different materials than the regular Arizonas.

Carole

Carole C on 12/07/01 at 15:15 (066460)

Gee, looking at your site, it says that the Papillio heel cup is 'Reinforced and flared to create stability. Works great for extreme pronation or supination.'

It says the classic heelcup is 'Deep, roomy heel cup distributes impact over larger heel area; allows heel to remain in its normal, or neutral, position (neither lifted nor lowered)'. It also lists Arizonas as being available in Classic or Papillios, although I had to really dig before I found that out. Fascinating site, elliott!!! Well, at least to those of us here at heelspurs.com . LOL

Re: How do you like that?! You're right!

elliott on 12/08/01 at 18:16 (066546)

Learn something new. Arizona does seem to come in both. Found a way not to dig so deep there to bring it up. After clicking on the link, just go to the drop-down menu at top left and click on Arizona. On the bottom the Arizona page it says it's available in both Classic and Papillio footbeds. There's enough explanation on this site to figure which of the two is more desireable. What if we all have been buying the wrong Arizonas? :-) What if they work anyway? :-)

------

Re: Hee hee! Thanks

Carole C on 12/09/01 at 20:29 (066604)

Oh! Thanks, elliott! That shortcut to the info should be helpful. It's quite a BIG site, and has a lot of interesting material (plus, it seems to be faster to navigate than the German site).

LOL, well if you have been buying the wrong Arizonas, just imagine the improvement we might be in for! I think everyone here will take all they can get. :)

Carole C