Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Let's all post a note for Laurie R....today will be rough.

Posted by CArmen H on 12/04/01 at 08:13 (066064)

Laurie is having a third injection today so let's all say say some words of encouragement for when she comes back to the board. I know she is having a lot of BAD pain right now so I really hopethis one works to relieve some of her discomfort.
Laurie....as always you are in my prayers. I am thinking good thoughts for you today.....and always.

Carmen

Re: Let's all post a note for Laurie R....today will be rough.

Tammie on 12/04/01 at 10:28 (066080)

Laurie, You are in my thoughts and prayers , I do hope that this will give you some pain relief I really do! I am so sorry for your pain and in small ways I am sure i can understand this. Please rest and I do hope that u will have answers soon. May your angel friends here shower you with sweet blessings and may God above here there crys for a friend in need . I will keep u in my thoughts and prayers! Hugs to u !

nancy s. on 12/04/01 at 11:41 (066091)

DEAR LAURIE ... you already know i think of you all the time, but thanks to carmen's thoughtfulness i just want to add an extra good wish for today and marvel at your special combination of courage and compassion. you're amazing! all the pain you go through, and you never snap someone's head off (ha, i mean with words, of course).
i can't help feeling that there's something you're meant to learn from this hardship, and that you ARE learning it, because you're so patient and so open -- and despite the worst of times i only see you become MORE patient and open as time goes on. i think of you as a person who has become far stronger than she ever dreamed was possible.
i hope the next few days are easier than the last time, and i will take you to the beach with me again next time i go -- either later this afternoon or early tomorrow morning.
love from your friend always,
nancy

BarbaraTX on 12/04/01 at 17:01 (066122)

I'm thinking of you today Laurie, and hoping that today will be the day all our prayers for your recovery are answered. Love, Barb.

Steve P on 12/04/01 at 18:58 (066138)

Carmen -- thanks for reminding us.

Laurie -- We're with you ALL THE WAY, kid. Hang in & hang on! Better days are coming.

Steve

Laurie R on 12/04/01 at 20:47 (066151)

Hi to everyone , I don't feel well , but I had to get my daily dose of the board .. What a suprise to see what you all I wrote to me ....

Everything went really well today for my injections . The only diffenerce was my PM doctor asked if it would be ok to use a little cortisone in the spinal injections . I said fine . He is hoping it is going to help with the terrible pain I have been in. My foot is still warm , I will say my RSD pain is really not hear right now . So I am one happy person . I still have the arch and tendon pain , but 50 % pain I will take .

I hope I don't sound crazy , I am still out of it . Plus he gave me a stronger pain med to help me recover from the injections ...

I had one thing on my mind today , this was not to cry at the surgery center ... I hate looking like a big baby , I have cried everytime I had to do this. Guess what????????? I did not cry today there . I was really proud of myself .. I had to wait so long today there ... But it is over now and I think it is going to help ...

Now when I read all your nice posts I started to cry , but not due to being scared , happiness ...You all are so wonderful to me . I thank you from the bottom of my heart ....

Yes my dear Nancy , please take me on your beach walk , you know I want to go. One day I hope to really be able to do it for reals ..... I always keep the faith , no one can take that from me ....

Much love to you all , it is so wonderful to have friends that care as much as you do .....

My best to all , Laurie

wendyn on 12/04/01 at 21:04 (066160)

Laurie, crying is theraputic and actually makes you feel better.

Please feel free.

Anthony P on 12/04/01 at 21:04 (066161)

Good Luck Laurie Hope Your Feeling better today. and Everything went Ok
As always Prayers to You Anthony P

BrianG on 12/04/01 at 21:51 (066166)

Actually her doc gave her a triple dose of pain meds after seeing all the previous crying. It's an old trick, I bet you were laughing the whole time :*)
Hope this one is it, the shot that lasts a lifetime.

BCG

Julie on 12/05/01 at 02:43 (066175)

Laurie dear, I missed all this on account of the time wobble between the US and England; also I got home late last night and didn't read the board, but I heartile second everything Nancy has said to you. You are one of the strongest, most open, most giving people I know, and you are getting more so all the time. You're living proof that pain can make a person more compassionate, more sensitive to the pain of others, and you're a shining, inspiring example to us all.

Now go and cry a few more therapeutic tears, and get ready for your beach walk. Nancy is almost up by now, it being 3.45 in Maine, and she'll be off soon to see the sunrise. I'm coming too, if that's ok!

JudyS on 12/05/01 at 11:13 (066200)

Hey Laurie - cry again today if you want, it works! Hope you had a good rest last night.

Re: Laurie U R pretty special

Tammie on 12/05/01 at 19:52 (066265)

Our dearest Laurie, I am so very delighted to see that you are getting some relief! It must be like a small piece of Heaven! I know this is not a cure as you have told me many times, but i am so very thankful that u are getting some relief even if it has to be a short time! ( I still am hoping that u will be the christmas miracle here) It would be wonderful to have a note saying that finally things are coming to a end for your long term pain! I wish that the miracles would be many this season as there are so many deserving people here , I know it is unlikely that all will get them but I do hope that u may be included! My thoughts and prayers are with u my friend and I wish to thank u for showing us what strenghth and courage is ! Janet and you have been given a test of courage that many would fail , you both seem to have overcome so much and keep on the smile and the hope and faith! May a angel touch your feet with a special feather and take away the pain. Love to u !

Re: Tammie and Janet U R pretty special

Laurie R on 12/05/01 at 20:34 (066269)

Dear Tammie ,I thank you very much for your Christmas wish , but their is a very ,very special lady I would rather have the Christmas wish for . That would be our wonderful Angel Janet . She deserves to be pain free . Janet has had RSD a lot longer then I .... Through all her pain she has to deal with , Janet has helped me understand RSD . Also Janet is always there for me anytime I need her. I call Janet my Angel .... She is very special and deserves the Christmas wish more then anyone I know . Thank you Tammie .... YOu are very special also and for all you have been through I think you deserve some of the Christmas wish too.....Thank you again for always thinking of me ......Again I am so very proud of you ....

Laurie R

Tammie on 12/04/01 at 10:28 (066080)

Laurie, You are in my thoughts and prayers , I do hope that this will give you some pain relief I really do! I am so sorry for your pain and in small ways I am sure i can understand this. Please rest and I do hope that u will have answers soon. May your angel friends here shower you with sweet blessings and may God above here there crys for a friend in need . I will keep u in my thoughts and prayers! Hugs to u !

nancy s. on 12/04/01 at 11:41 (066091)

DEAR LAURIE ... you already know i think of you all the time, but thanks to carmen's thoughtfulness i just want to add an extra good wish for today and marvel at your special combination of courage and compassion. you're amazing! all the pain you go through, and you never snap someone's head off (ha, i mean with words, of course).
i can't help feeling that there's something you're meant to learn from this hardship, and that you ARE learning it, because you're so patient and so open -- and despite the worst of times i only see you become MORE patient and open as time goes on. i think of you as a person who has become far stronger than she ever dreamed was possible.
i hope the next few days are easier than the last time, and i will take you to the beach with me again next time i go -- either later this afternoon or early tomorrow morning.
love from your friend always,
nancy

BarbaraTX on 12/04/01 at 17:01 (066122)

I'm thinking of you today Laurie, and hoping that today will be the day all our prayers for your recovery are answered. Love, Barb.

Steve P on 12/04/01 at 18:58 (066138)

Carmen -- thanks for reminding us.

Laurie -- We're with you ALL THE WAY, kid. Hang in & hang on! Better days are coming.

Steve

Laurie R on 12/04/01 at 20:47 (066151)

Hi to everyone , I don't feel well , but I had to get my daily dose of the board .. What a suprise to see what you all I wrote to me ....

Everything went really well today for my injections . The only diffenerce was my PM doctor asked if it would be ok to use a little cortisone in the spinal injections . I said fine . He is hoping it is going to help with the terrible pain I have been in. My foot is still warm , I will say my RSD pain is really not hear right now . So I am one happy person . I still have the arch and tendon pain , but 50 % pain I will take .

I hope I don't sound crazy , I am still out of it . Plus he gave me a stronger pain med to help me recover from the injections ...

I had one thing on my mind today , this was not to cry at the surgery center ... I hate looking like a big baby , I have cried everytime I had to do this. Guess what????????? I did not cry today there . I was really proud of myself .. I had to wait so long today there ... But it is over now and I think it is going to help ...

Now when I read all your nice posts I started to cry , but not due to being scared , happiness ...You all are so wonderful to me . I thank you from the bottom of my heart ....

Yes my dear Nancy , please take me on your beach walk , you know I want to go. One day I hope to really be able to do it for reals ..... I always keep the faith , no one can take that from me ....

Much love to you all , it is so wonderful to have friends that care as much as you do .....

My best to all , Laurie

wendyn on 12/04/01 at 21:04 (066160)

Laurie, crying is theraputic and actually makes you feel better.

Please feel free.

Anthony P on 12/04/01 at 21:04 (066161)

Good Luck Laurie Hope Your Feeling better today. and Everything went Ok
As always Prayers to You Anthony P

BrianG on 12/04/01 at 21:51 (066166)

Actually her doc gave her a triple dose of pain meds after seeing all the previous crying. It's an old trick, I bet you were laughing the whole time :*)
Hope this one is it, the shot that lasts a lifetime.

BCG

Julie on 12/05/01 at 02:43 (066175)

Laurie dear, I missed all this on account of the time wobble between the US and England; also I got home late last night and didn't read the board, but I heartile second everything Nancy has said to you. You are one of the strongest, most open, most giving people I know, and you are getting more so all the time. You're living proof that pain can make a person more compassionate, more sensitive to the pain of others, and you're a shining, inspiring example to us all.

Now go and cry a few more therapeutic tears, and get ready for your beach walk. Nancy is almost up by now, it being 3.45 in Maine, and she'll be off soon to see the sunrise. I'm coming too, if that's ok!

JudyS on 12/05/01 at 11:13 (066200)

Hey Laurie - cry again today if you want, it works! Hope you had a good rest last night.

Re: Laurie U R pretty special

Tammie on 12/05/01 at 19:52 (066265)

Our dearest Laurie, I am so very delighted to see that you are getting some relief! It must be like a small piece of Heaven! I know this is not a cure as you have told me many times, but i am so very thankful that u are getting some relief even if it has to be a short time! ( I still am hoping that u will be the christmas miracle here) It would be wonderful to have a note saying that finally things are coming to a end for your long term pain! I wish that the miracles would be many this season as there are so many deserving people here , I know it is unlikely that all will get them but I do hope that u may be included! My thoughts and prayers are with u my friend and I wish to thank u for showing us what strenghth and courage is ! Janet and you have been given a test of courage that many would fail , you both seem to have overcome so much and keep on the smile and the hope and faith! May a angel touch your feet with a special feather and take away the pain. Love to u !

Re: Tammie and Janet U R pretty special

Laurie R on 12/05/01 at 20:34 (066269)

Dear Tammie ,I thank you very much for your Christmas wish , but their is a very ,very special lady I would rather have the Christmas wish for . That would be our wonderful Angel Janet . She deserves to be pain free . Janet has had RSD a lot longer then I .... Through all her pain she has to deal with , Janet has helped me understand RSD . Also Janet is always there for me anytime I need her. I call Janet my Angel .... She is very special and deserves the Christmas wish more then anyone I know . Thank you Tammie .... YOu are very special also and for all you have been through I think you deserve some of the Christmas wish too.....Thank you again for always thinking of me ......Again I am so very proud of you ....

Laurie R