Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Massage Thearapist

Posted by john h on 12/04/01 at 08:54 (066065)

A well trained massage thearapist (licensed by state) charges from $50-$60 per hour in Little Rock.

Re: Massage Thearapist

Annette on 12/04/01 at 09:04 (066067)

thanks John, that is around the charging price that I have been hearing from people that I have talked to, I think that I was a little over charged, dont you? I love Lucy(thats what my husband calls me) does it again!
Annette

Beverly on 12/04/01 at 16:23 (066116)

My massage therapist charges $55.00 an hour. I'm in a large city. When I lived in a smaller city, it was $45.00. Everyone I've ever been to offered packages... usually 10% off for buying 5 or more at a time.

So, I think it depends on where you live. But $50 - $60 sounds in line for someone with experience. A wouldn't pay that much for a newbie. I think this is one field where you get what you pay for.
Beverly

John h on 12/04/01 at 16:56 (066121)

annette: you were not overcharged you were gouged! a psychothearapist is less expensive than your guy/girl. 'Annette' a pretty name that brings back the Mouseketeers. Bobby is still doing his Lawrence Welk dance routine.

Annette on 12/04/01 at 20:39 (066149)

John, I havent heard about the mouseketeers in a while! I'm still hearing the usual.......' I go fishing with Annette, I play vollyball with Annette....or sometimes it goes something like' I got my basketball caught in A Net!!!!! oh the jokes are endless!
So if I had my way, I'd rather be refered to A mouseketeer. And your right I was Gouged, I wish that I just had enough nerve to say something to him then, but being in a strange mans house alone....what was I thinking???( I thought that I was going to a clinic), on a back road in the middle of the woods, in a small town of 4000, with a man that resembled Osama Bin Ladden (bare feet and all) I just wanted to get the heck out of there!!!!!!!! YIKES! My experiences get stranger and stranger, the older I get.
have a good one,
Annette

Annette on 12/04/01 at 20:43 (066150)

This is waht I am finding out Beverly, the more people I hear from, the more I realize that this guy was way out of line! I have only been to one other massage therapist (who cahrged 50 per hour) and he seemed no different from the $200.00 magic fingers man.
oh well....'it's just one more new experience' I keep telling myself!
Annette

Annette on 12/04/01 at 09:04 (066067)

thanks John, that is around the charging price that I have been hearing from people that I have talked to, I think that I was a little over charged, dont you? I love Lucy(thats what my husband calls me) does it again!
Annette

Beverly on 12/04/01 at 16:23 (066116)

My massage therapist charges $55.00 an hour. I'm in a large city. When I lived in a smaller city, it was $45.00. Everyone I've ever been to offered packages... usually 10% off for buying 5 or more at a time.

So, I think it depends on where you live. But $50 - $60 sounds in line for someone with experience. A wouldn't pay that much for a newbie. I think this is one field where you get what you pay for.
Beverly

John h on 12/04/01 at 16:56 (066121)

annette: you were not overcharged you were gouged! a psychothearapist is less expensive than your guy/girl. 'Annette' a pretty name that brings back the Mouseketeers. Bobby is still doing his Lawrence Welk dance routine.

Annette on 12/04/01 at 20:39 (066149)

John, I havent heard about the mouseketeers in a while! I'm still hearing the usual.......' I go fishing with Annette, I play vollyball with Annette....or sometimes it goes something like' I got my basketball caught in A Net!!!!! oh the jokes are endless!
So if I had my way, I'd rather be refered to A mouseketeer. And your right I was Gouged, I wish that I just had enough nerve to say something to him then, but being in a strange mans house alone....what was I thinking???( I thought that I was going to a clinic), on a back road in the middle of the woods, in a small town of 4000, with a man that resembled Osama Bin Ladden (bare feet and all) I just wanted to get the heck out of there!!!!!!!! YIKES! My experiences get stranger and stranger, the older I get.
have a good one,
Annette

Annette on 12/04/01 at 20:43 (066150)

This is waht I am finding out Beverly, the more people I hear from, the more I realize that this guy was way out of line! I have only been to one other massage therapist (who cahrged 50 per hour) and he seemed no different from the $200.00 magic fingers man.
oh well....'it's just one more new experience' I keep telling myself!
Annette