Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Anyone have this treatment

Posted by Pam B on 12/05/01 at 14:16 (066214)

So far I have gone through 2 shots,ultrasound, taping,darvocet and celebrex,excercise,rest,ice and heat as well as heel pads and arch supports as per the foot surgeon. Tomorrow I am going back and he is going to cast my leg, not a nite splint but a plaster cast. He is going to give me a shot and then cast it for two weeks. We will then remove it and if the pain returns, he will preform some type of surgery to release the PF. Dont know which type surgery he will be doing though. Anyway, I have looked everywhere and do not see anything anywhere about casting the leg. Has anyone here heard of it or had it????????

Re: Anyone have this treatment

matts on 12/05/01 at 21:22 (066279)

The pod put my foot in a cast for six weeks and on crutches, it helped reduce the pain from the heel. I don't know if two weeks would have helped. I am still having a lot of pain from the tendonitis but not very much from heel. You sure want to try it before surgery for sure.

Pam B on 12/06/01 at 20:40 (066370)

Surgeon put cast on today from my knee down in addition to another shot of cortizone prior to casting. He will remove it in two weeks to check it out and cast it again for at least one more week if not longer depending on progress. I asked about the heel spurs being the cause of my pain and he says it is not the spurs and even if we end up having to operate, he will not touch the spurs. He says the success is higher leaving the spurs there since it is the fascia that is the problem. Due to the prior spinal surgeries it may be necessary for me to have this procedure to keep from reinjuring my back as I am now having sciatica pain as well as knee and hip pain. So we shall see. All I know is that when your feet hurt, everything hurts right along with it. Thanks for your response and I hope you feel better soon. Happy Holidays :)

matts on 12/05/01 at 21:22 (066279)

The pod put my foot in a cast for six weeks and on crutches, it helped reduce the pain from the heel. I don't know if two weeks would have helped. I am still having a lot of pain from the tendonitis but not very much from heel. You sure want to try it before surgery for sure.

Pam B on 12/06/01 at 20:40 (066370)

Surgeon put cast on today from my knee down in addition to another shot of cortizone prior to casting. He will remove it in two weeks to check it out and cast it again for at least one more week if not longer depending on progress. I asked about the heel spurs being the cause of my pain and he says it is not the spurs and even if we end up having to operate, he will not touch the spurs. He says the success is higher leaving the spurs there since it is the fascia that is the problem. Due to the prior spinal surgeries it may be necessary for me to have this procedure to keep from reinjuring my back as I am now having sciatica pain as well as knee and hip pain. So we shall see. All I know is that when your feet hurt, everything hurts right along with it. Thanks for your response and I hope you feel better soon. Happy Holidays :)