Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Friendship and Support

Posted by Maureen S on 12/05/01 at 15:38 (066225)

Hello to everyone!!!!!!!

Wow, it is amazing to me to look back at my life over the past few months, well 10 of them to be exact. In February my feet were hurting so bad that Iwa in teard daily and didnt thnk I could stand things anymore. This was when I needed to get answers to why they hurt so bad--at that time the DR I had been seeing just told me to live with it, take pain pills, quit your job and those were not options for me. I saw several other DR's and discoverd that I had severe PF and TTS--no wonder why they had hurt so badly for the last 2-3 years. In July I had surgery on my left foot and had many question about this disorder, so I turned to the internet and that is when I found this wonderful site. I posted to the board with a message of being new and saying 'hello' to anyone who wanted to answer. The response was overwhelming.

I can look back to that time now and understand why I had such a wonderful response. I am truely amazed by the love and support that is found here at this site, it has helped me to get through the rough times, and the loneliness of being limited by painful feet and the confinement by having to be stationary most of the time after the surgeries.

There are so many of you that post to this board that I have not personally had the pleasure of chatting with. I do hope that I have the chance soon to get to know more of you!!

This holiday season I will hold all of you close to my heart and hope that you find peace and love and those happy feet that you once had--I am holding my breath for myself.

In closing, I want to share a passage from a wonderful little book one of my friends from this board sent to me.
Friedship is a living thing that lasts only as long as it is nourished with kindness, sympathy and understanding.
These words above are what has helped me get through each day with the love and friendship I have received from wonderful people I have met from this site.
Thank you and may god continue to bless each one of you.

Love and friendship,
Maureen

Ps: my e-mail is (email removed)

Re: oops

Maureen S on 12/05/01 at 17:39 (066253)

Hello again.
Sorry my correct e-mail is (email removed)
Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Re: oops

Maureen S on 12/05/01 at 17:39 (066253)

Hello again.
Sorry my correct e-mail is (email removed)
Hope you have a wonderful day!!