Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Tammie

Posted by Pauline on 12/05/01 at 16:31 (066243)

Dear Tammie,
I've been one of the privileged people on this board who for over a year
has come to know you from the postings that you have done, and what a privilege that has been, because of the kindness you extended to each person you supported and encouraged.

Unselfishly you always give 100% of yourself, but now before it's too late you really need to take time for yourself in order to heal properly.

Both Janet and Julie have given you very good advice. If you need the MRI,
other treatment, or 100% rest you must get it. Down time for healing is nothing anyone wants and sometimes cannot afford to take, but your dealing here with your health and it's not something you can take lightly anymore.
When you lose your health you have nothing.

You've taken care of everyone else, now it's time to really take care of Tammie. What ever it takes for you to get well must be done. This may mean calling on others to carry the load for you for a while, leaving work, bed rest, medical testing, maybe even a different doctor. Until you become a little selfish and commit 100% to yourself your results will probably be the same time and time again.

You've tried your way and know the results and I can tell you from working with Battered Women that unless they make a commitment to themselves first nothing is going to change. The same is true for you. Batterment doesn't just come from others, sometimes we unknowingly do it to ourselves.

You've followed one road, now it's time to follow 'The road less traveled'
the more difficult one for you because you are used to giving and being the caretaker, rather than receiving and being taken care of.

For your sake and the sake of those that care about you, it's time to climb off the merry-go-round, find that easy chair, devise a new plan, and begin to take TLC of yourself.

We love you Tammie and hate seeing you in pain. We can only make suggestions, the ultimate decision must be yours.

Re: Pauline

Tammie on 12/07/01 at 12:16 (066439)

Thank u very much for the beautiful encouragement! Thank u I can not find more perfect words to say to u! I do hope that You are feeling better and that you continue to find peace and happiness in your life! You have touched my heart and I really understand what you are saying to me , funny I have said this to others for reasons maybe slightly different but when it comes to ourselves we tend to think we are the invincible ones the ones who trudge thru things without really giving it a thought to why we do! Interesting thoughts here! Have a wonderful day and thank u again! I send u a soft hug!

Re: Pauline

Tammie on 12/07/01 at 12:16 (066439)

Thank u very much for the beautiful encouragement! Thank u I can not find more perfect words to say to u! I do hope that You are feeling better and that you continue to find peace and happiness in your life! You have touched my heart and I really understand what you are saying to me , funny I have said this to others for reasons maybe slightly different but when it comes to ourselves we tend to think we are the invincible ones the ones who trudge thru things without really giving it a thought to why we do! Interesting thoughts here! Have a wonderful day and thank u again! I send u a soft hug!