Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cuboid Problems after PF surgery...

Posted by Joopie on 12/05/01 at 22:30 (066285)

I've posted a little about this problem before, but I need some practical advice. It's been almost 2 years since PF surgery on both feet. Right is relatively pain free, left is a problem. After being on my feet a while, I sit for a bit, then get severe pain when I begin to walk again. This pain settles down after a few minutes of limping on it. This is consistent every time. We have determined it's the cuboid joint. No sign of a fracture in the Xrays (although the Xray tech was a loser so I don't trust he did it very well). I was told by my doctor to get New Balance shoes with a solid sole not one that gets slimmer at the arch. No can do - I've been unable to find them.

My doc said that aside from cortizone shots (which I really don't want to have...) there was 'nothing he could do'to solve the problem. I don't trust that answer. Isn't there some type of bracing, or even fusion that can relieve this pain? Anything? ANy ideas? I want to re-approach my doctor with concrete ideas to try, if he'll listen in the first place. (I'm on an PPO, and the choice of podiatrists is slim... he's the head of the department.)

Please help me with some practical advice and ideas. I'll call him up as soon as I hear from you. Thanks!

-Joopie

Re: Cuboid Problems after PF surgery...

wendyn on 12/05/01 at 22:39 (066289)

Joopie, is the same Joopie with the Car Art?

DR Zuckerman on 12/05/01 at 23:00 (066291)

Here is the list of treatment

1. local steriod injection
2. orthois with wedge
3. Elastic support
4 Fusion is the very very last treatment.

Why is local steriod out of the question ?

Rick R on 12/07/01 at 12:57 (066451)

Wendyn

This is the first time in months that I have checked out this site. As I recall you are thinking of 'Pookie' with the art car. I hope things are going well for you. I finaly found a guinea pig to try my taping method and it worked well for him.

Rick

wendyn on 12/07/01 at 22:03 (066494)

Rick - you are right...!

But I know there was a Joopie here.

Joopie with the blood clot?

How's things in Chicago?

Re: Cuboid Problems after PF surgery...RE Rick

Laurie R on 12/07/01 at 23:13 (066495)

Hi Rick , WOW !!!!!! It has been a very long time since I have saw your name on the board ... Nice to see you ... How are you doing... You were one of my first friends on this board . I could never forget your very kindness to me .... I hope you are doing well... As you can see I am still here now with MAJOR foot problems .. I would really like to talk to you ... Laurie R

wendyn on 12/05/01 at 22:39 (066289)

Joopie, is the same Joopie with the Car Art?

DR Zuckerman on 12/05/01 at 23:00 (066291)

Here is the list of treatment

1. local steriod injection
2. orthois with wedge
3. Elastic support
4 Fusion is the very very last treatment.

Why is local steriod out of the question ?

Rick R on 12/07/01 at 12:57 (066451)

Wendyn

This is the first time in months that I have checked out this site. As I recall you are thinking of 'Pookie' with the art car. I hope things are going well for you. I finaly found a guinea pig to try my taping method and it worked well for him.

Rick

wendyn on 12/07/01 at 22:03 (066494)

Rick - you are right...!

But I know there was a Joopie here.

Joopie with the blood clot?

How's things in Chicago?

Re: Cuboid Problems after PF surgery...RE Rick

Laurie R on 12/07/01 at 23:13 (066495)

Hi Rick , WOW !!!!!! It has been a very long time since I have saw your name on the board ... Nice to see you ... How are you doing... You were one of my first friends on this board . I could never forget your very kindness to me .... I hope you are doing well... As you can see I am still here now with MAJOR foot problems .. I would really like to talk to you ... Laurie R