Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Had the nerve test yesterday

Posted by Marybeth on 12/06/01 at 07:42 (066309)

I went as nervous as I've been and it was not bad at all. Of course I didn't get as many shocks or needles as most. I still don't know if I have tts or not, the dr. kept telling me that would be up to my foot dr. to determine upon reviewing the results. But I don't think she thought thats what I have. Anyhow back to the test, She mainly shocked me right below my inner ankle on both feet. She would place the shocker there and hold it there while she repeatedly shocked that area ( 15 times at a clip). Then she only did 1 needle insertion and that was in the arch of the foot that was bothering me. To me that felt comparable to having blood taken from the arm, which doesn't really bother me. This dr. comes highly recommended so I don't doult she knows what shes doing, but I feel like I came out about where I started. I told her my pain was a burning pain, mainly down around the ankle and when she touch that area it felt tinglely. Sometimes I have pain near the toes and on the bottom of my foot too but for the most part its mainly near the ankle. Any opinions on whats up?

Re: Had the nerve test yesterday

wendyn on 12/06/01 at 19:30 (066366)

Marybeth - what type of doctor did your test?

Marybeth on 12/06/01 at 20:31 (066369)

I'm not sure, she is listed in the local phone book under doctors & surgeons as a DO. My foot doctor uses her for anyone needing this test.

wendyn on 12/06/01 at 19:30 (066366)

Marybeth - what type of doctor did your test?

Marybeth on 12/06/01 at 20:31 (066369)

I'm not sure, she is listed in the local phone book under doctors & surgeons as a DO. My foot doctor uses her for anyone needing this test.