Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Orbasone posts

Posted by Scott R on 12/08/01 at 08:28 (066503)

The FDA forbids further discussion of the Orbasone. A block will be placed on the word. Do not respond to this post.

Re: FDA treatment limitations

BrianJ on 12/08/01 at 10:20 (066516)

Scott -- With all due respect and appreciation to you as the founder of this board, I can say with complete confidence that the FDA does not have the right to stop us from discussing different forms of PF treatment. The fact that a given form of treatment is not FDA approved does not prohibit us from talking about it. Of course, we cannot conspire with others to break the law, but that is entirely different from simply discussing issues. For example, it is legal for people to discuss the merits of medical marijuana use, but it is ILLEGAL for someone to offer marijuana for sale.

I would be interested in knowing what precipitated your comments, and stand ready to assist if a genuine legal issue is presented (I've practiced law for 13 years).

Scott R on 12/08/01 at 17:13 (066542)

I agree with Brian, but I am taking the safest route. My letter to the FDA will ask if this is one of the requirements.

Re: 0rbasone posts

elliott on 12/10/01 at 15:16 (066630)

Scott, can you explain what exactly is your relationship with the FDA that prohibits the use of the word 0rbasone here?

(PS--Figured out how to beat the censor! tee hee!)

---

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/10/01 at 18:36 (066655)

Scott has no relationship with the FDA. I have and always will support ESWT. I wish I could talk more about this but at this time I don't want to create any hardships for heelspurs.com or Scott Roberts. I consider him a friend.

Re: Item posts

Pauline on 12/10/01 at 20:20 (066668)

I remember some time ago Scott mentioning something about writing the FDA for a letter so he could or you could advertise the item on his site after the Healthronic thing fell through. Maybe it has to do with the letter he wrote to them.

DR Zuckerman on 12/10/01 at 21:49 (066676)

Only the FDA knows that answer !!

BrianJ on 12/08/01 at 10:20 (066516)

Scott -- With all due respect and appreciation to you as the founder of this board, I can say with complete confidence that the FDA does not have the right to stop us from discussing different forms of PF treatment. The fact that a given form of treatment is not FDA approved does not prohibit us from talking about it. Of course, we cannot conspire with others to break the law, but that is entirely different from simply discussing issues. For example, it is legal for people to discuss the merits of medical marijuana use, but it is ILLEGAL for someone to offer marijuana for sale.

I would be interested in knowing what precipitated your comments, and stand ready to assist if a genuine legal issue is presented (I've practiced law for 13 years).

Scott R on 12/08/01 at 17:13 (066542)

I agree with Brian, but I am taking the safest route. My letter to the FDA will ask if this is one of the requirements.

elliott on 12/10/01 at 15:16 (066630)

Scott, can you explain what exactly is your relationship with the FDA that prohibits the use of the word 0rbasone here?

(PS--Figured out how to beat the censor! tee hee!)

---

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/10/01 at 18:36 (066655)

Scott has no relationship with the FDA. I have and always will support ESWT. I wish I could talk more about this but at this time I don't want to create any hardships for heelspurs.com or Scott Roberts. I consider him a friend.

Pauline on 12/10/01 at 20:20 (066668)

I remember some time ago Scott mentioning something about writing the FDA for a letter so he could or you could advertise the item on his site after the Healthronic thing fell through. Maybe it has to do with the letter he wrote to them.

DR Zuckerman on 12/10/01 at 21:49 (066676)

Only the FDA knows that answer !!