Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Planters fascitis

Posted by james m on 12/08/01 at 14:21 (066536)

I recently was treated for planters fascitis. I have worked for the railroad industry for over 30 years. My job is to mark cable along the right of way . my whole rr carrer has involed working on the rr row . My docter says the problem is industrarl does this seem right. the ballast is 11/2 in rock. thank you for your time jim

Re: Planters fascitis

DR Zuckerman on 12/08/01 at 14:34 (066537)

Hi

Not sure of the question you are asking but hear goes. Your doctor states the the cause of your plantar fasciitis is walking on the hard rock. Is this correct. Hard surfaces are a major cause of plantar fasciitis. If we could only break up all of the cement that we walk on we would be heading in the direction of painful feet.

Judy C on 12/08/01 at 16:37 (066540)

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I also think I have planters fascitis. A friend has it with the very same symptoms. Could mine be related to my R.A? I am seeing my rheumtologist soon. Can he diagnose planters fascitis?

DR Zuckerman on 12/08/01 at 17:04 (066541)

Hi

Yes it could be related and in addition due to your RA joint problems this could be placing your foot in an abnormal position or making the pf overstretch. Can your Rheumatologist diagnosis this . The answer is yes but make sure that he examines the way you walk and the shoes you wear. Ask him point blank if you should see a podiatist as well.

DR Zuckerman on 12/08/01 at 14:34 (066537)

Hi

Not sure of the question you are asking but hear goes. Your doctor states the the cause of your plantar fasciitis is walking on the hard rock. Is this correct. Hard surfaces are a major cause of plantar fasciitis. If we could only break up all of the cement that we walk on we would be heading in the direction of painful feet.

Judy C on 12/08/01 at 16:37 (066540)

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I also think I have planters fascitis. A friend has it with the very same symptoms. Could mine be related to my R.A? I am seeing my rheumtologist soon. Can he diagnose planters fascitis?

DR Zuckerman on 12/08/01 at 17:04 (066541)

Hi

Yes it could be related and in addition due to your RA joint problems this could be placing your foot in an abnormal position or making the pf overstretch. Can your Rheumatologist diagnosis this . The answer is yes but make sure that he examines the way you walk and the shoes you wear. Ask him point blank if you should see a podiatist as well.