Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Laurie How are you feeling ?

Posted by Anthony P on 12/08/01 at 15:18 (066539)

Hi Laurie, How are you feeling . Hope your still getting releif, Its rainy
cold and nasty here , So my pain is bad today .I'm gonna sit in front of
the fire place tonight. My best to you :) Anthony P

Re: weather and pain

Carole C on 12/09/01 at 20:13 (066602)

Anthony, is your pain from PF? I think it's interesting that it is worse during rainy, cold, nasty weather. I wonder if others find a connection between weather and PF pain?

Carole C

Anthony P on 12/09/01 at 21:53 (066607)

Hi Carole,I'm just getting over foot surgery For spurs Achilles repair,Plantar Facicia release . For me my pain is always bad when its
rainy .This is the most rain we had in two monthes Its also been very
warm until now ,The temperture went from 70 to 40 over night.
But a full moon makes me want to go running HA HA HA just kidding.
Hows your feet feeling ? Best to you Anthony

Re: Laurie How are you feeling ?

Laurie R on 12/09/01 at 21:59 (066608)

Hello Anthony , And thank you for asking how I am feeling ..Do you want the truth ?? Well the injections did help the RSD pain which I am very greatful for. But I have so many other things wrong with my foot , I still in a lot of pain . My PM doctor did give me a few stronger pain pills after I had the injections and they are helping . As well as having RSD I also have PF and TTS and a fibroma and tenosynivitis in my FHL tendon . And all of them are causing me pain . MY PM doctor is only treating the RSD . And the spinal injections will only help the sympathetic nerve pain which is the RSD...

I see my Pod this Thursday , so I have a lot to talk to him about . This month made 2.5 years I have been dealing with foot pain . I will keep you posted on what happens at my Pod appointment ...Wish me luck...

I am so sorry you are in bad pain today .. Do you take any pain meds for it ? I hope you do , I know they don't take the pain away ,but if they can take the edge off of it it is worth it to me ....

I hope you feel better soon ... My best to you as always and thank you again ....Laurie R

Anthony P on 12/09/01 at 22:45 (066609)

HI Laurie, I read alot about you on the board and I feel for you to have to put up with all these problems.Just want you to Know that I'm here were all here for you Laurie GOOD LUCK TO YOU with your apointment on Thursday and
let us know how it went.As always my prayers to you.
Your Friend Anthony P
P.S My foot problems all started 2 years ago a stress fracture of my heel
caused all these problems . getting better by the day afterthe surgery.

Carole C on 12/09/01 at 22:47 (066610)

Today it feels like the temperature dropped about 20 degrees F, and it has been drizzling on and off. I have been looking forward to the winter, thinking the brisk weather will give me lots of energy and maybe help me lose weight faster.

My feet are hurting, but then I didn't rest them all day (went to Best Buy for a few minutes earlier this afternoon). At the moment they even hurt a little while I'm sitting, no matter how I position them (but they don't hurt when I'm lying down on my bed relaxing, which I'm about to do very shortly). I'm hoping that the rest overnight will help (once I'm over the morning pain!). Tomorrow I am seeing my pedorthist for the first time, and I hope that this leads to some improvement.

Carole

Laurie R on 12/10/01 at 00:38 (066611)

Dear Anthony , I appreciate you kind words so much .... It is so wonderful to have the friends here on the board to help me go through this . I have no clue what I would do without all of you ....

I have been coming here to the board now for over two years , I have met some pretty wonderful people that have become my friends... Oh I can not even begin to tell you how they all have helped me ... Some come and go here ,but the real friends are here to stay ....

Bless everyone and Anthony you are truly a wonderful person and friend .. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you will be pain free when you are healed. I wish you only the best . Thank you again . Laurie R

Beverly on 12/10/01 at 20:17 (066667)

Laurie,

I'm glad you feel a little better. You have so much wrong with your feet and ankles, I just feel so bad for you.

I know I've followed your story over the last couple of years, but one thing I'm not clear on is if the problem snuck up gradually or if you were hit with a sudden injury. I remember you said it happened as a bartender.

Keep us posted on how you progress with the PM doctor,
Beverly

Carole C on 12/09/01 at 20:13 (066602)

Anthony, is your pain from PF? I think it's interesting that it is worse during rainy, cold, nasty weather. I wonder if others find a connection between weather and PF pain?

Carole C

Anthony P on 12/09/01 at 21:53 (066607)

Hi Carole,I'm just getting over foot surgery For spurs Achilles repair,Plantar Facicia release . For me my pain is always bad when its
rainy .This is the most rain we had in two monthes Its also been very
warm until now ,The temperture went from 70 to 40 over night.
But a full moon makes me want to go running HA HA HA just kidding.
Hows your feet feeling ? Best to you Anthony

Laurie R on 12/09/01 at 21:59 (066608)

Hello Anthony , And thank you for asking how I am feeling ..Do you want the truth ?? Well the injections did help the RSD pain which I am very greatful for. But I have so many other things wrong with my foot , I still in a lot of pain . My PM doctor did give me a few stronger pain pills after I had the injections and they are helping . As well as having RSD I also have PF and TTS and a fibroma and tenosynivitis in my FHL tendon . And all of them are causing me pain . MY PM doctor is only treating the RSD . And the spinal injections will only help the sympathetic nerve pain which is the RSD...

I see my Pod this Thursday , so I have a lot to talk to him about . This month made 2.5 years I have been dealing with foot pain . I will keep you posted on what happens at my Pod appointment ...Wish me luck...

I am so sorry you are in bad pain today .. Do you take any pain meds for it ? I hope you do , I know they don't take the pain away ,but if they can take the edge off of it it is worth it to me ....

I hope you feel better soon ... My best to you as always and thank you again ....Laurie R

Anthony P on 12/09/01 at 22:45 (066609)

HI Laurie, I read alot about you on the board and I feel for you to have to put up with all these problems.Just want you to Know that I'm here were all here for you Laurie GOOD LUCK TO YOU with your apointment on Thursday and
let us know how it went.As always my prayers to you.
Your Friend Anthony P
P.S My foot problems all started 2 years ago a stress fracture of my heel
caused all these problems . getting better by the day afterthe surgery.

Carole C on 12/09/01 at 22:47 (066610)

Today it feels like the temperature dropped about 20 degrees F, and it has been drizzling on and off. I have been looking forward to the winter, thinking the brisk weather will give me lots of energy and maybe help me lose weight faster.

My feet are hurting, but then I didn't rest them all day (went to Best Buy for a few minutes earlier this afternoon). At the moment they even hurt a little while I'm sitting, no matter how I position them (but they don't hurt when I'm lying down on my bed relaxing, which I'm about to do very shortly). I'm hoping that the rest overnight will help (once I'm over the morning pain!). Tomorrow I am seeing my pedorthist for the first time, and I hope that this leads to some improvement.

Carole

Laurie R on 12/10/01 at 00:38 (066611)

Dear Anthony , I appreciate you kind words so much .... It is so wonderful to have the friends here on the board to help me go through this . I have no clue what I would do without all of you ....

I have been coming here to the board now for over two years , I have met some pretty wonderful people that have become my friends... Oh I can not even begin to tell you how they all have helped me ... Some come and go here ,but the real friends are here to stay ....

Bless everyone and Anthony you are truly a wonderful person and friend .. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you will be pain free when you are healed. I wish you only the best . Thank you again . Laurie R

Beverly on 12/10/01 at 20:17 (066667)

Laurie,

I'm glad you feel a little better. You have so much wrong with your feet and ankles, I just feel so bad for you.

I know I've followed your story over the last couple of years, but one thing I'm not clear on is if the problem snuck up gradually or if you were hit with a sudden injury. I remember you said it happened as a bartender.

Keep us posted on how you progress with the PM doctor,
Beverly