Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Annette and Elliott, art expensive huh?

Posted by Sherrie M. on 12/09/01 at 15:49 (066591)

Hi, have you both tried it and how expensive is it?Did your insurance cover it? If you did try it, did it hurt and was it successful? Lots of questions. Thanks, Sherrie

Re: Annette and Elliott, art expensive huh?

Annette on 12/09/01 at 21:33 (066606)

No Sherrie,
I have never tried it, I would really like to, but I can not find anyone around here (Western Mass) who has even heard of it ( and I have asked a lot of people.) I did a search from one of the sites that I sent to you, to find an active release therapist closest to me, and the closest that I could find was a chiropracter in New Hampshire, . I have been thinking of calling his office, but I am a little weary these days from things not working out for me.
In the last month, my long quest for healing has been bashed a bit , so I feel like I need to take a break I guess. Around a month ago I got a name of a hospital and a Dr. (UMass Worster) from my new GP. I figured that since I can not find anyone to help me here in my little corner of western mass ( I have just about exhausted every avenue here) , I would go to the 'city' and find a real specialized Dr. to take care of me. So my husband and I drove a few hours, to this very impressive hospital I must say, to hear the Dr, tell me 'well Annette, it looks as though you have tried everything, all I can say is just keep on doing what you are doing, because there is nothing new that I can do for you' he didnt even ask to look at my rather large selection of custom made and over the counter orthotics , or my various types of night splints, or any of my shoes, to see how I am walking. What a waste of time. And then last week, there was my ordeal with the massage geru from hell, who charged me $200.00 for a 40 minute message! UG!
It looks as though many chiropracters are doing ART, so if you insurance covers chiropracters your all set, and Physical therapists are usually covered by insurance, so it probably wouldnt be a problem.....all you have to do now is find someone who is certified in the technique.
Good luck Sherrie, I am very interested in this, so if you do find someone, please let me know how it goes.
Take care,
Annette

Sherrie M. on 12/11/01 at 08:43 (066696)

Hi Annette, Physical therapy has always helped in the passed, but I thought I'd like to try something new and since I've read some good things about art,I might give it a try. There is a chiro about 5 minutes away from me that is very certified- I called the1-888-396-2727 number and found out all about him and I also checked with my insurance company and my co-pay would be $4.00 a visit ( cheap )!I am a little scared to try it because of all the things wrong with my left foot right now, I have pf, post tibial tendonitis and peroeal tendonitis and now the tendons on the top of my foot and my toes hurt like heck, probably because the of the way I'm walking, not very good! I am asking Dr.Z for his opinion- he is my doctor, he did the eswt on my right foot in April and it was very successful, but this time I am having no insertional pain so the treatment won't do any good.Thanks for your input I will let you know what I decide. I think I might go in for a no charge consultation and see if he thinks it might me successful for me. Talk to you later. Sherrie

Annette on 12/09/01 at 21:33 (066606)

No Sherrie,
I have never tried it, I would really like to, but I can not find anyone around here (Western Mass) who has even heard of it ( and I have asked a lot of people.) I did a search from one of the sites that I sent to you, to find an active release therapist closest to me, and the closest that I could find was a chiropracter in New Hampshire, . I have been thinking of calling his office, but I am a little weary these days from things not working out for me.
In the last month, my long quest for healing has been bashed a bit , so I feel like I need to take a break I guess. Around a month ago I got a name of a hospital and a Dr. (UMass Worster) from my new GP. I figured that since I can not find anyone to help me here in my little corner of western mass ( I have just about exhausted every avenue here) , I would go to the 'city' and find a real specialized Dr. to take care of me. So my husband and I drove a few hours, to this very impressive hospital I must say, to hear the Dr, tell me 'well Annette, it looks as though you have tried everything, all I can say is just keep on doing what you are doing, because there is nothing new that I can do for you' he didnt even ask to look at my rather large selection of custom made and over the counter orthotics , or my various types of night splints, or any of my shoes, to see how I am walking. What a waste of time. And then last week, there was my ordeal with the massage geru from hell, who charged me $200.00 for a 40 minute message! UG!
It looks as though many chiropracters are doing ART, so if you insurance covers chiropracters your all set, and Physical therapists are usually covered by insurance, so it probably wouldnt be a problem.....all you have to do now is find someone who is certified in the technique.
Good luck Sherrie, I am very interested in this, so if you do find someone, please let me know how it goes.
Take care,
Annette

Sherrie M. on 12/11/01 at 08:43 (066696)

Hi Annette, Physical therapy has always helped in the passed, but I thought I'd like to try something new and since I've read some good things about art,I might give it a try. There is a chiro about 5 minutes away from me that is very certified- I called the1-888-396-2727 number and found out all about him and I also checked with my insurance company and my co-pay would be $4.00 a visit ( cheap )!I am a little scared to try it because of all the things wrong with my left foot right now, I have pf, post tibial tendonitis and peroeal tendonitis and now the tendons on the top of my foot and my toes hurt like heck, probably because the of the way I'm walking, not very good! I am asking Dr.Z for his opinion- he is my doctor, he did the eswt on my right foot in April and it was very successful, but this time I am having no insertional pain so the treatment won't do any good.Thanks for your input I will let you know what I decide. I think I might go in for a no charge consultation and see if he thinks it might me successful for me. Talk to you later. Sherrie