Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thinking of you, Laurie...

Posted by Suzanne D on 12/10/01 at 18:16 (066645)

I am sorry to hear that you are still in so much pain, Laurie. I will be thinking of you and your Thursday appointment. I can truly say that if I could just hear that you and others who write on this board were better, that would be all I would wish for Christmas! I wish for each of you days in which you can forget about your feet because they aren't hurting all the time!!

As for me, I feel that while I have improved some, this pain is going to be around for quite a while. Some days are worse than others, but the cold weather seems to make my feet more stiff and walking harder. Being tall I have always walked fairly fast, but when I do go with my family or friends places, I find that soon they are ahead of me, and I am having to ask them to slow down or else I just trail along way behind them. It's a little easier with my first graders; I used to walk too fast for their little legs, so now I guess we are matched just about right! :-)

Take care, Laurie. I am thinking of you...

Re: Thinking of you, Laurie...

Laurie R on 12/10/01 at 22:47 (066678)

Hello Suzanne, Thank you for always being so very kind and always thinking of others.. Like I have said many times , this board has been my main support . I feel very comfortable to come here to vent and say what is on my mind and most understand..

Carmen said something on the borad today that really made me think about her PF pain . I am going through the same thing right now . I just got the RSD pain under control with the last spinal injections I had last Tue . Now the PF and TTS and tendon pian is off the hook. I am back to where I can hardly walk. All I can say is I can't wait to see my Pod this Thursday . Something has to be done . I can not go on like this for very much longer.

See when I am in this kind of pain , I feel like doing the surgery myself . I would never do that ,but if I knew how I would .

It is really sad , I am in pain all the time and my hubby is depressed . This has not only affected me but my whole family . I feel so bad ,my little girl has been having problems and I wonder why . My house sometimes is not a happy one . So I try very hard not to show my pain and keep on with what I need to do .

Thank you again for thinking of me , I really need my heelspurs friends right now , probably more then ever....

Much love to you ,Laurie R

Julie on 12/11/01 at 02:37 (066685)

Dear Laurie

You've got us. I think of you a lot, always with sheer admiration for your courage and pluck, and I pray for the answer, whatever it is, to be found for you. Didn't you say that once the RSD is under control you can consider surgery? How are the docs feeling about that now?

This is so hard for you, and Rico too. Maybe this is a wild idea, but it might do him good to come onto the board and get some support himself. I seem to remember he peeked in once or twice a while ago! There might even be other husbands of PF-girls out there who wouldn't mind a conversation with a fellow-husband.

There is nothing much worse than watching the person you love most suffer. Husbands, wives, partners, children need help too. Please tell Rico I am thinking of him and that I know he is giving you the most valuable help of all by being there for you, even if he can't do much to relieve your pain.

Re: for your little girl, Laurie...

Suzanne D on 12/11/01 at 07:15 (066688)

Dear Laurie,
How old is your little girl? I think you have mentioned her age, but I don't always have the best memory! I wanted to send you this internet site for her which a teacher gave me yesterday. I have not checked it out completely, but I think it should be fine. If she is the appropriate age, I thought this might be something the two of you could look at together, and then she could have her time on the computer with her mama, and it would be something you could do with her without being on your feet!

http://www.officialnorthpole.com/santa_claus_log.html

If she is the right age for this and enjoys it, I will be more than happy to send you other sites with interactive activities for children and things to print out and color.

I am thinking of you and your family! :-)

Re: to Barbara in Texas...

Suzanne D on 12/11/01 at 07:17 (066689)

Perhaps your children might enjoy this, too! Hope you are not in pain and enjoying the season with your family!

Laurie R on 12/11/01 at 11:08 (066710)

Dear Suzanne , Thank you so much for this santa site. I just checked it out ... My little one is 8 she is in thrid grade.... I also have a older daughter Angel , she will be 14 this Thursday . I can't believe she is going to be 14 .. This santa site is so cool. I will show Aliccia it when she comes home from school. She will love it . This is just what she needs . Thanks again . I have to get ready for Biofeedback , which I am really looking forward to. It helps so much with the pain ......

Thank you again .....Much love to you always ,Laurie R

Barbara TX on 12/11/01 at 22:06 (066788)

Thanks, Suzanne! B.

clara on 12/14/01 at 09:13 (066939)

Hello there Laurie!

I´m thinking of you, and I totally agree with you, it´s a wound for the whole family! My oldest boy, 9 years old, is very worried about me and every day he asks; 'Mother, how is your feet today?' When the youngest boy, 2½ years old, starts whith that, I go crazy, because, I want them to have a 'normal' mother, who can cook dinner, do meatballs (I haven´t done that in quite a long time now!!), and play around with them,like I use to, but I can´t, I´m not that 'normal' mother, and I use to think 'it could be worse!' but when it hurts I get down down down... and can´t think about anything else.

And to Julie, I agree whith you, our husband´s REALLY would need a board on their own, to share and deal with us....

Take care and I send loving thoughts to you all

//Clara

Laurie R on 12/14/01 at 11:16 (066948)

Dear Clara, I did not know you had a baby of two years old. Now that has to be very hard on you ... I have a 14 year old and a 8 year old both girls . They are wonderful ,but it is so hard for them to understand . I have a big problem with over doing things and then they have to hear how my foot hurts. I have even taken them with me to the Pod ,so they can understand a little more . I try so hard to not to talk about feet , but when I am in terrible pain ,it is hard not to...

It is really said when your children know what is PF .I never heard of it till I was 36 years old. Then I could not even say it or spell it ... My kids know to much about feel now ..

Much love to you , Laurie R

Laurie R on 12/10/01 at 22:47 (066678)

Hello Suzanne, Thank you for always being so very kind and always thinking of others.. Like I have said many times , this board has been my main support . I feel very comfortable to come here to vent and say what is on my mind and most understand..

Carmen said something on the borad today that really made me think about her PF pain . I am going through the same thing right now . I just got the RSD pain under control with the last spinal injections I had last Tue . Now the PF and TTS and tendon pian is off the hook. I am back to where I can hardly walk. All I can say is I can't wait to see my Pod this Thursday . Something has to be done . I can not go on like this for very much longer.

See when I am in this kind of pain , I feel like doing the surgery myself . I would never do that ,but if I knew how I would .

It is really sad , I am in pain all the time and my hubby is depressed . This has not only affected me but my whole family . I feel so bad ,my little girl has been having problems and I wonder why . My house sometimes is not a happy one . So I try very hard not to show my pain and keep on with what I need to do .

Thank you again for thinking of me , I really need my heelspurs friends right now , probably more then ever....

Much love to you ,Laurie R

Julie on 12/11/01 at 02:37 (066685)

Dear Laurie

You've got us. I think of you a lot, always with sheer admiration for your courage and pluck, and I pray for the answer, whatever it is, to be found for you. Didn't you say that once the RSD is under control you can consider surgery? How are the docs feeling about that now?

This is so hard for you, and Rico too. Maybe this is a wild idea, but it might do him good to come onto the board and get some support himself. I seem to remember he peeked in once or twice a while ago! There might even be other husbands of PF-girls out there who wouldn't mind a conversation with a fellow-husband.

There is nothing much worse than watching the person you love most suffer. Husbands, wives, partners, children need help too. Please tell Rico I am thinking of him and that I know he is giving you the most valuable help of all by being there for you, even if he can't do much to relieve your pain.

Suzanne D on 12/11/01 at 07:15 (066688)

Dear Laurie,
How old is your little girl? I think you have mentioned her age, but I don't always have the best memory! I wanted to send you this internet site for her which a teacher gave me yesterday. I have not checked it out completely, but I think it should be fine. If she is the appropriate age, I thought this might be something the two of you could look at together, and then she could have her time on the computer with her mama, and it would be something you could do with her without being on your feet!

http://www.officialnorthpole.com/santa_claus_log.html

If she is the right age for this and enjoys it, I will be more than happy to send you other sites with interactive activities for children and things to print out and color.

I am thinking of you and your family! :-)

Suzanne D on 12/11/01 at 07:17 (066689)

Perhaps your children might enjoy this, too! Hope you are not in pain and enjoying the season with your family!

Laurie R on 12/11/01 at 11:08 (066710)

Dear Suzanne , Thank you so much for this santa site. I just checked it out ... My little one is 8 she is in thrid grade.... I also have a older daughter Angel , she will be 14 this Thursday . I can't believe she is going to be 14 .. This santa site is so cool. I will show Aliccia it when she comes home from school. She will love it . This is just what she needs . Thanks again . I have to get ready for Biofeedback , which I am really looking forward to. It helps so much with the pain ......

Thank you again .....Much love to you always ,Laurie R

Barbara TX on 12/11/01 at 22:06 (066788)

Thanks, Suzanne! B.

clara on 12/14/01 at 09:13 (066939)

Hello there Laurie!

I´m thinking of you, and I totally agree with you, it´s a wound for the whole family! My oldest boy, 9 years old, is very worried about me and every day he asks; 'Mother, how is your feet today?' When the youngest boy, 2½ years old, starts whith that, I go crazy, because, I want them to have a 'normal' mother, who can cook dinner, do meatballs (I haven´t done that in quite a long time now!!), and play around with them,like I use to, but I can´t, I´m not that 'normal' mother, and I use to think 'it could be worse!' but when it hurts I get down down down... and can´t think about anything else.

And to Julie, I agree whith you, our husband´s REALLY would need a board on their own, to share and deal with us....

Take care and I send loving thoughts to you all

//Clara

Laurie R on 12/14/01 at 11:16 (066948)

Dear Clara, I did not know you had a baby of two years old. Now that has to be very hard on you ... I have a 14 year old and a 8 year old both girls . They are wonderful ,but it is so hard for them to understand . I have a big problem with over doing things and then they have to hear how my foot hurts. I have even taken them with me to the Pod ,so they can understand a little more . I try so hard to not to talk about feet , but when I am in terrible pain ,it is hard not to...

It is really said when your children know what is PF .I never heard of it till I was 36 years old. Then I could not even say it or spell it ... My kids know to much about feel now ..

Much love to you , Laurie R