Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Saw orthopedic surgeon... royally reinjured but not torn!

Posted by Beverly on 12/10/01 at 18:22 (066649)

Hi guys!

Here's an update. I saw my orthopedic surgeon today, and he says I did not tear the PTT in my reinjury/near fall. Since I feel a tad bit better, I figured that was his answer.

He does say that it is badly reinjured and bruised deep inside the foot at the medial arch and at the PTT... that it feels squishy and puffy/thick, but if I wear my brace, it should be temporary.

I don't have to wear the brace all the time... just when I'm going to be on feet more than a few minutes and whenever I leave the house. In otherwords, I'm to wear it when I'm cooking, ect. but not just to get up to go to the bathroom!

He also liked what I found in the way of a brace. It is an ASO Ankle Stabilizer.

Thanks for all your TLC,
Beverly

Re: Saw orthopedic surgeon... royally reinjured but not torn!

Suzanne D on 12/10/01 at 18:27 (066652)

I'm glad to hear that your set-back should be temporary! I wish for you improvement with each passing day. Take care!

CArmen on 12/10/01 at 19:37 (066660)

THANK GOD no bad bad tear......I bet taht's a big relief. I'm glad to hear your update!
Take care of that foot!
Carmen

Sherrie M. on 12/11/01 at 09:16 (066702)

Hi Beverly, I am glad to hear that there is no tear, just take it easy and you'll get better real soon. I think of you alot, our problems are alot similar- I just know we will both make it- we have to stay strong! Now about that aso ankle stabilizer- did you buy it at the store or did the doc give you a script for it. It is helping? Talk to you soon, Sherrie

Beverly on 12/11/01 at 16:38 (066744)

Hi Sherrie,
I bought it at a medical supply store and had the store fit me for it. They measured my ankle to determine the right size.
The doctor likes it. There are evidently several different ways to stablize an ankle. What you use depends on what the doctor thinks you need, and then also, I've learned that if what he first gives me is uncomfortable, if I come up with an alternative, sometimes he likes it.
That is how I ended up with the ASO. I hated the brace I wore last time this happened and looked for an alternative. I showed him several different things. He didn't approve of all of them. So, for me, I don't wear something new unless he says it looks ok.
See ya,
Beverly

Suzanne D on 12/10/01 at 18:27 (066652)

I'm glad to hear that your set-back should be temporary! I wish for you improvement with each passing day. Take care!

CArmen on 12/10/01 at 19:37 (066660)

THANK GOD no bad bad tear......I bet taht's a big relief. I'm glad to hear your update!
Take care of that foot!
Carmen

Sherrie M. on 12/11/01 at 09:16 (066702)

Hi Beverly, I am glad to hear that there is no tear, just take it easy and you'll get better real soon. I think of you alot, our problems are alot similar- I just know we will both make it- we have to stay strong! Now about that aso ankle stabilizer- did you buy it at the store or did the doc give you a script for it. It is helping? Talk to you soon, Sherrie

Beverly on 12/11/01 at 16:38 (066744)

Hi Sherrie,
I bought it at a medical supply store and had the store fit me for it. They measured my ankle to determine the right size.
The doctor likes it. There are evidently several different ways to stablize an ankle. What you use depends on what the doctor thinks you need, and then also, I've learned that if what he first gives me is uncomfortable, if I come up with an alternative, sometimes he likes it.
That is how I ended up with the ASO. I hated the brace I wore last time this happened and looked for an alternative. I showed him several different things. He didn't approve of all of them. So, for me, I don't wear something new unless he says it looks ok.
See ya,
Beverly