Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How are you, Tammie and Carmen?

Posted by Suzanne D on 12/10/01 at 18:26 (066651)

Tammie, is your job working out better for your feet since you had that talk with your supervisor? I hope so! I am sure you bring so much warmth and caring to the residents; I pray that you will be able to stay and enjoy the work you do but still be be off your feet enough to be able to heal.

Carmen, is the chiropractor helping your pain? I am hoping so and wanting you to see improvement every day! Are you enjoying your new house?

I just wanted you two to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. :-)

I thought of my new friends here at this site while listening to my daughter and her high school choir yesterday. One song they sang was 'How Can I Keep From Singing?' I thought of you all as they sang the words which go something like this:

'My life flows on in endless calm above earth's lamitations. I hear the real but far-off song that hails a new creation. No storm can shake my inmost calm, while to the rock I'm clinging. It sounds an echo in my soul; how can I keep from singing?'

I have seen unmatched courage and spunk among many of those posting on this site in the 5 months I have been 'coming' here. You all are an inspiration and encouragement to me, and I wish the best for each of you.

Re: How are you, Tammie and Carmen?

CArmen on 12/10/01 at 19:36 (066659)

Hi Suzanne!!!! I'm here....kind of reading lately instead of posting too much...trying to spend a little quality time with the hubby too while Iam feeling better.
The chiro is helping...but mainly I think it is the NST Kinesiologist combo that is changing the way I feel.
I was hurting BAD today in my feet (I skippedthe NST treatment last week ...$$$$) and I went in today and hadthe NST done and feel much better. I am learning that I can't skip that part of my treatment or my feet react. You know...Suzanne it's funny....since the burning is gone in my feet I can feel the PF pain now much clearer. I was so concerned with the burning I forgot about the pain UNDER the burning...does that make ssense? STILL I would rather have this any day than my feet being on fire!

How are YOU?? Is the song your daughter sang by 'Enya'?
I love that song....I would love to hear children sing...they soothe the soul.
thanks for your post....what is your email again??

Suzanne D on 12/10/01 at 19:52 (066665)

Glad you are better, Carmen. I hope you just keep improving! :-) Yes, it makes sense to me about the PF pain being noticed now that the other, burning sensation is going away. I can imagine that the burning would be worse along with the strain of worrying about WHAT was causing it!

I really don't know who wrote the song, but I understood it was an old Quaker melody. But it WAS soothing.

After a long stretch of unseasonably warm weather, it is cold now after a period of rain, and I am finding that my feet hurt worse. As you said, it's funny; my left foot hurt so badly throughout the summer that I really didn't notice my right foot hurting until my left foot got some better! Or perhaps it just started about that time. Anyway, I am hobbling along as best I can, keeping up with very excited first graders who are looking forward to Santa! :-) Thanks for asking.

Take care! Oh, yes, my e-mail is (email removed)

Re: Carmen, what kind of treatment is NST?

Sherrie M. on 12/11/01 at 09:03 (066700)

Hi Carmen, Glad to hear that the burning is gone, that sure is irritating! Now do you just feet tight in your tendons under your feet? That's how I am feeling. I've had insertional pf that was taken care of by eswt and now I am having just the extreme tightness! I was wondering about the nst treatment that the chiro is using- can you explain it and is he adjusting you also? You said it is helping, huh. Does you chiro also do art- I am really interested in that right now, as you can tell by all of my posts. Talk to you soon and I hope you continue to feel better! Sherrie

Re: Hi Sherrie

Carmen on 12/11/01 at 16:49 (066749)

Hi and thank you for your post!!! I am sorry to hear you are experiencing the tightness...ick. I KNOW that feeling well. Stretching my calves on the step n stretch thing really helps my tightness and also my hamstrings and feet.
NST is a newer technique and there are only 1,500 people in the US that do it. I swear it is helping me feel relief..and helping me head toward healing. At least when I leave there I feel SO much better. I am seeing a Kinesiologist/Chiropractor who really doesn't do a lot of 'hard core' adjusting. Just really tries to find the weakness in my body and do some massage and light manipulation (no real cracking and popping) and I feel like it's helping my feet too.
I have been through a lot with this whole mess but so far the natural way has helped more than anything. Vitamin B6 and E (for nerve pain and circulatin) and Vita C for inflammation have also aidedmy process too.
So try this web site for a better definition of NST...let me know if you have any other questions.
http://www.bowenusa.com

Tammie on 12/12/01 at 20:25 (066861)

Thank you for asking about me, I am lurking here and there with the holiday season and sore feet they seem to not work together much! I find it much harder to keep up with the normal or so called normal holiday preperations!

I see my pod again on fri., and who knows what he is going to say then I dont even pretend to guess anymore. I see my new dr. next week and really am not looking foward to it but it is a start again for me. Work well it is there and I do my best but guess it is that thing called patience and one day at a time! It has been a bad month there we have lost 7 people in one month , sad time indeed as we loose a bit of our hearts each time! But it also is a beutiful blessing to help them leave this world in as comfortable manner as we can. So you can imagine the burn out rate for this type of job. A very busy time at work lots of extra visitors and things to do , making it much harder on annyone with foot troubles! I am still frustrated and reading and still hoping that one day I will go to sleep at night and find out gee no medicine needed and will wake at 6 and realize the demon foot is gone lol it is ok to dream! Ha Ha. But really I am hanging in waiting for more info from drs. and see if they are going to allow me to get a mri. Which I wonder as they are trying not to pay a er room visit that my hubby had a few weeks back. Insurance co. are the pits, they drive me insane sometimes!Well I hope you have your tree up and are thinking of good thoughts as u see the lights all aglow and that u find some happiness in this holiday season and put the sadness behind! Take care and hope you are doing well! Hugs tou.

Suzanne D on 12/12/01 at 20:55 (066862)

Good to hear from you, Tammie! I have been watching for a message from you! That must be so hard - losing patients where you work, and yet I know from what I read that you are a person of great compassion, and I am sure you bring much peace to those whose lives you touch.

And I am sure there are many more visitors at this time, creating more work for you all. I am sorry that your feet hurt so badly and that you are having trouble with the insurance company paying for the ER visit.

Yes, you would be proud of me, Tammie! Trees at home and at school. The children enjoyed helping me decorate at school. And I think about what you wrote me when I see the lights. I always will...

You take care, and I am thinking of you often!

Re: NST WEB site Sherrie

Carmen H on 12/13/01 at 07:47 (066872)

That link doesn't work for some reason that I posted above....
Go to http://www.google.com and put in Neurostructural Technique and search and there are alll kinds of sites to look at.

CArmen on 12/10/01 at 19:36 (066659)

Hi Suzanne!!!! I'm here....kind of reading lately instead of posting too much...trying to spend a little quality time with the hubby too while Iam feeling better.
The chiro is helping...but mainly I think it is the NST Kinesiologist combo that is changing the way I feel.
I was hurting BAD today in my feet (I skippedthe NST treatment last week ...$$$$) and I went in today and hadthe NST done and feel much better. I am learning that I can't skip that part of my treatment or my feet react. You know...Suzanne it's funny....since the burning is gone in my feet I can feel the PF pain now much clearer. I was so concerned with the burning I forgot about the pain UNDER the burning...does that make ssense? STILL I would rather have this any day than my feet being on fire!

How are YOU?? Is the song your daughter sang by 'Enya'?
I love that song....I would love to hear children sing...they soothe the soul.
thanks for your post....what is your email again??

Suzanne D on 12/10/01 at 19:52 (066665)

Glad you are better, Carmen. I hope you just keep improving! :-) Yes, it makes sense to me about the PF pain being noticed now that the other, burning sensation is going away. I can imagine that the burning would be worse along with the strain of worrying about WHAT was causing it!

I really don't know who wrote the song, but I understood it was an old Quaker melody. But it WAS soothing.

After a long stretch of unseasonably warm weather, it is cold now after a period of rain, and I am finding that my feet hurt worse. As you said, it's funny; my left foot hurt so badly throughout the summer that I really didn't notice my right foot hurting until my left foot got some better! Or perhaps it just started about that time. Anyway, I am hobbling along as best I can, keeping up with very excited first graders who are looking forward to Santa! :-) Thanks for asking.

Take care! Oh, yes, my e-mail is (email removed)

Re: Carmen, what kind of treatment is NST?

Sherrie M. on 12/11/01 at 09:03 (066700)

Hi Carmen, Glad to hear that the burning is gone, that sure is irritating! Now do you just feet tight in your tendons under your feet? That's how I am feeling. I've had insertional pf that was taken care of by eswt and now I am having just the extreme tightness! I was wondering about the nst treatment that the chiro is using- can you explain it and is he adjusting you also? You said it is helping, huh. Does you chiro also do art- I am really interested in that right now, as you can tell by all of my posts. Talk to you soon and I hope you continue to feel better! Sherrie

Re: Hi Sherrie

Carmen on 12/11/01 at 16:49 (066749)

Hi and thank you for your post!!! I am sorry to hear you are experiencing the tightness...ick. I KNOW that feeling well. Stretching my calves on the step n stretch thing really helps my tightness and also my hamstrings and feet.
NST is a newer technique and there are only 1,500 people in the US that do it. I swear it is helping me feel relief..and helping me head toward healing. At least when I leave there I feel SO much better. I am seeing a Kinesiologist/Chiropractor who really doesn't do a lot of 'hard core' adjusting. Just really tries to find the weakness in my body and do some massage and light manipulation (no real cracking and popping) and I feel like it's helping my feet too.
I have been through a lot with this whole mess but so far the natural way has helped more than anything. Vitamin B6 and E (for nerve pain and circulatin) and Vita C for inflammation have also aidedmy process too.
So try this web site for a better definition of NST...let me know if you have any other questions.
http://www.bowenusa.com

Tammie on 12/12/01 at 20:25 (066861)

Thank you for asking about me, I am lurking here and there with the holiday season and sore feet they seem to not work together much! I find it much harder to keep up with the normal or so called normal holiday preperations!

I see my pod again on fri., and who knows what he is going to say then I dont even pretend to guess anymore. I see my new dr. next week and really am not looking foward to it but it is a start again for me. Work well it is there and I do my best but guess it is that thing called patience and one day at a time! It has been a bad month there we have lost 7 people in one month , sad time indeed as we loose a bit of our hearts each time! But it also is a beutiful blessing to help them leave this world in as comfortable manner as we can. So you can imagine the burn out rate for this type of job. A very busy time at work lots of extra visitors and things to do , making it much harder on annyone with foot troubles! I am still frustrated and reading and still hoping that one day I will go to sleep at night and find out gee no medicine needed and will wake at 6 and realize the demon foot is gone lol it is ok to dream! Ha Ha. But really I am hanging in waiting for more info from drs. and see if they are going to allow me to get a mri. Which I wonder as they are trying not to pay a er room visit that my hubby had a few weeks back. Insurance co. are the pits, they drive me insane sometimes!Well I hope you have your tree up and are thinking of good thoughts as u see the lights all aglow and that u find some happiness in this holiday season and put the sadness behind! Take care and hope you are doing well! Hugs tou.

Suzanne D on 12/12/01 at 20:55 (066862)

Good to hear from you, Tammie! I have been watching for a message from you! That must be so hard - losing patients where you work, and yet I know from what I read that you are a person of great compassion, and I am sure you bring much peace to those whose lives you touch.

And I am sure there are many more visitors at this time, creating more work for you all. I am sorry that your feet hurt so badly and that you are having trouble with the insurance company paying for the ER visit.

Yes, you would be proud of me, Tammie! Trees at home and at school. The children enjoyed helping me decorate at school. And I think about what you wrote me when I see the lights. I always will...

You take care, and I am thinking of you often!

Re: NST WEB site Sherrie

Carmen H on 12/13/01 at 07:47 (066872)

That link doesn't work for some reason that I posted above....
Go to http://www.google.com and put in Neurostructural Technique and search and there are alll kinds of sites to look at.