Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heelp Spur

Posted by John Greer on 12/10/01 at 20:43 (066671)

I have a large and very painful heel spur on my left foot. What is the cost to have it treated via lithotripsy? I live in Houston, Texas. Where is the closest treatment center? Thanks.
John

Re: Heelp Spur

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/10/01 at 21:09 (066672)

Hi John,
The closest treatment center is in Houston however it is also the most expensive. We see alot of patient that have traveled to our mobile center due to the experience and very affordable cost factor. So if you are interested in our center let me know. If you do decide to stay local would still be very happy to discuss or answer any questions you may have about ESWT. I have had the privilege to use ESWT for the past two years with very effective pain relief for plantar fasciitis.

michael c on 12/15/01 at 11:22 (067040)

What is lithotripsy , is it a new way to treat heel spurs ,i have a large one my right foot, been putting off surgery for years, the pain is getting worse , the injections are not lasting a long alreaduy, had 6 this year , i live in k.c. mo. what is the cost of this method, i have excellant insurance ,thank you very much michael c.

Julie on 12/15/01 at 14:48 (067058)

Lithotripsy is ESWT. Click on the blue link here and you'll find lots of information about it.

Be careful with injections: 6 this year sounds like an awful lot. Too many can weaken the tissues.

John Greer on 12/16/01 at 23:08 (067168)

It is a new way to treat heel spurs. It is also very costly. I cannot help with a treatment site, but the new treatment is 100% effective and there is no cutting! If you have money or good insurance, I would investigate this miracle treatment. Good luck.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/10/01 at 21:09 (066672)

Hi John,
The closest treatment center is in Houston however it is also the most expensive. We see alot of patient that have traveled to our mobile center due to the experience and very affordable cost factor. So if you are interested in our center let me know. If you do decide to stay local would still be very happy to discuss or answer any questions you may have about ESWT. I have had the privilege to use ESWT for the past two years with very effective pain relief for plantar fasciitis.

michael c on 12/15/01 at 11:22 (067040)

What is lithotripsy , is it a new way to treat heel spurs ,i have a large one my right foot, been putting off surgery for years, the pain is getting worse , the injections are not lasting a long alreaduy, had 6 this year , i live in k.c. mo. what is the cost of this method, i have excellant insurance ,thank you very much michael c.

Julie on 12/15/01 at 14:48 (067058)

Lithotripsy is ESWT. Click on the blue link here and you'll find lots of information about it.

Be careful with injections: 6 this year sounds like an awful lot. Too many can weaken the tissues.

John Greer on 12/16/01 at 23:08 (067168)

It is a new way to treat heel spurs. It is also very costly. I cannot help with a treatment site, but the new treatment is 100% effective and there is no cutting! If you have money or good insurance, I would investigate this miracle treatment. Good luck.